IGNORED

Holloway

BRISTOL86

If you'll care to read my posts, I've said as such. It's a shame that has to be the case though.

A shame that our supporters dont like a man who addressed Roverzzz fans with "if you see a shithead tonight then give em hell" yeah what a pity we're missing out on him...

Football rivalries/heroes/villains is all part of the fun and he is most definitely a foe of this club.

Cant believe this bloke still generates support.

He hates you for supporting city, he genuinely does.

It is only his talent at football that meant he wasnt punching horses at the crosshands last September, because undoubtedly thats the man he is.

The blokes a gas head ****. We all know it and yet some seem to think he should manage Brustol City! As has been pointed out, I'll takeA N Other average league manager thanks. Just hope they dont all ddissappear too quickly or I'll find myself in a right moral dilema, gulp.

I like Holloway and think he is a decent man and good for football.  I'd also loathe him to be City's manager and he never will be while Steve Lansdown owns the Club. I think he retorted at a supporters meeting when asked if he was on the managerial vacancy short list "well, would you employ him?".  Sounds like he is not SL's cup of tea but I doubt it if it is his Rover past that is the issue as SL was, and presumably still is, friends with Pulis. 

Football needs characters and he is one of them and genuinely good hearted.  It's a fine line between being quirky and stupid and he manages the former role well now. Undoubtedly he was capable of stupid comments in the past but most people have done likewise.  It's a dull person who hasn't made mistakes but Holloway strikes me as being a very good man manager who most players at Championship level and below and supporters would enjoy having as a manager.  

The one exception where it wouldn't work is our Club and it would be a disaster.  I rate Holloway as a manager but, tribal issues aside, I think Steve Cotterill is a notch above him and equally capable of creating that team ethic that is Holloway's stamp.  I think SC will take us to the Premiership within five years and Steve Lansdown will back him jus as he has this season in the transfer market.

It's not a debate, fans are bigoted, the world keeps spinning.

having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

"a bigoted group of reactionaries"

synonyms: prejudiced, biased, partial, one-sided, sectarian, discriminatory; More

antonyms: tolerant, liberal

Therefore, the single most bigoted Bristol Rovers fan should not ever become manager of Bristol City Football Club.

You make a good point.

You literally have no interest in what he could do with the fans' backing, do you?

I'll "literally" tell you what he would do. He would say he loves the. He would say he would never leave, then he would be gone at the earliest opportunity chasing the money, as he always does.

You do realise his CV has more failures than successes. So hiding the fact he is a utter bellend, what makes you think he would be a good appointmentment?

"I just want people to show me and my team some respect. Van Gogh is a decent painter now isn't he? But when he was alive he was just a bloke with half an ear."

Perhaps he planning to cut one ear off. Seems a bit desperate to me.

Maybe he's trying to say that after he's gone, future generations will think he was a decent manager and not just a bloke with half a brain?

To be honest I cannot see him doing anything like his best if (fingers crossed it NEVER happens) he was City manager, When Pulis was City manager do you think he was doing his best, i certainly did not. those days with him in charge were some of the worst games i have ever seen. Any way you look at it Pulis is a decent Manager who had no intention of making us into a good team.

The fans are bigoted about a bigoted man?, just listen to yourself FFS

Beyond far in the past saying the equivalent of what you and I have said about the Gas he's evidently not bigoted. Spoken well about BCFC in recent years. I understand him being a pantomime villain but this is stupid. FFS.

Beyond far in the past saying the equivalent of what you and I have said about the Gas he's evidently not bigoted. Spoken well about BCFC in recent years. I understand him being a pantomime villain but this is stupid. FFS.

pr shit init now he's more in the public eye he can't carry on saying "the only good shithead is a dead one" can he?

He hates us

Most of us feel the same!

He would never take the job

He would never be offered the job!

We should really leave it at that!

He's spoken well about us? Not that I've ever heard. You occasionally get things from him that might sound like it in soundbites but when you see the full context it's always damning with (very) faint praise.

The day I will believe he's not gas through and through and equally anti-City is the day he comes out with a full and frank apology for what he's said in the past rather than just ignoring it and hoping it will go away.

pr shit init now he's more in the public eye he can't carry on saying "the only good shithead is a dead one" can he?

He hates us

Exactly.

He was born and bred in a Rovers hotbed, played for Rovers and, quite understandably, was and still is a (probably City-hating) Rovers fan.

His managerial c.v. (Blackpool possibly excepted) is nothing extraordinary and, as for his 'good bloke' persona, just compare his walking-out from Plymouth to Peter Reid - one left them in the lurch for more money, the other put his hand in his pocket to pay salaries!

It is totally unrealistic for numerous reasons, both from City's point and his, to contemplate that he would ever manage here.

Just think of him as the pantomime villain and then forget him.

He hates us

You can take it as PR if you want. He'll never be offered the job, of course, as I've said.

Not if you put it against what he's said in recent years, which I'm sure you're aware of. He could be a good manager for us if you let sleeping dogs lie. Which unfortunately wouldn't happen.

He is as jealous of us as the worst jealous sag you could possibly imagine...you know one of those who checks our result before his own and then laughs and twitches with glee. He's only lip servicing the press when he talks about having banter with City over the years. Make no mistake he ******* DETESTS city.

He hates us

Bang on.

You might as well offer the GHS the job as to ever consider Skull.

Cant believe this bloke still generates support.

He hates you for supporting city, he genuinely does.

It is only his talent at football that meant he wasnt punching horses at the crosshands last September, because undoubtedly thats the man he is.

The blokes a gas head ****. We all know it and yet some seem to think he should manage Brustol City! As has been pointed out, I'll takeA N Other average league manager thanks. Just hope they dont all ddissappear too quickly or I'll find myself in a right moral dilema, gulp.

The bloke laughed in my face for wearing a City scarf....I was 12....a kid.....and yet you could see the disdain in his face. Will never forget it.

Archived