IGNORED

Cotts We Love You

Bourne End Red

Have to admit along with others i was disappointed when he was unveiled as the new manager.

Now i love the bloke, he has been superb !!! He has us fitter, more motivated, has us playing exciting attractive football and seems to get the best out of the players.

Early days i know and we could end up mid table. But so far im really impressed with him.

Transfer wise also the squad and new additions look superb.

Compared to the last few years it really is a good time to be a city fan.

Cotts and the board really have brought the feel good factor of supporting city back.

Ashton Gate being developed, bringing back purple and lime, which shows they are listening to the fans.

The only down side i can see at the moment is the reduced capacity as i can see a lot of sell outs this season.

Trying not to get carried away as its only one game but can just see us getting better and better.

Keep it going city !!!

On a side note how disappointing is it to be in bristol and see kids wearing liverpool/man utd/arsenal kits. Cant help but imagine how big we could be if more people supported their local clubs.

Thats what impressed me with Leeds when i went up there couple seasons ago to watch city.

The whole place supports leeds, you do not see any other football shirts up there and everywhere you go you see the Leeds badge in shops etc.

Hear hear about Cotts. What a difference he's made! I don't blame local kids for supporting Man U, Liverpool etc though. I agree it would be nice if they supported their local club, but times have changed. Thanks to Sky TV, it'd possible to watch all of, say, Barcelona's or Man City's games, and I think it's fair to say that those teams have captured young imaginations more than City have in the last few seasons!

Hear hear about Cotts. What a difference he's made! I don't blame local kids for supporting Man U, Liverpool etc though. I agree it would be nice if they supported their local club, but times have changed. Thanks to Sky TV, it'd possible to watch all of, say, Barcelona's or Man City's games, and I think it's fair to say that those teams have captured young imaginations more than City have in the last few seasons!

I completely agree, but just feel City although are getting better could still do more.

Id like to see (once the development has finished) more offers for kids. Ie Rovers just did a kids under 16 free. Id like to see city try and capture more kids this way as they our the future.

However that said the only way were gonna do it is success on the pitch, if we get that then they will come.

the club as a whole is getting much better but lets keep it going and get the crowds packed in.

I completely agree, but just feel City although are getting better could still do more.

Id like to see (once the development has finished) more offers for kids. Ie Rovers just did a kids under 16 free. Id like to see city try and capture more kids this way as they our the future.

However that said the only way were gonna do it is success on the pitch, if we get that then they will come.

the club as a whole is getting much better but lets keep it going and get the crowds packed in.

Absolutely. Success on the pitch will capture everyone's imagination.

The wait for a first league win last season was embarrassing, couple that with relegation the previous season and 2013 was a ******* horrible year to be a City fan. So far 2014 has been the complete opposite and a lot of that is to do with Cotterill. I've been impressed with his manner, his signings and the way the team have played since he's come in.

Still early days this season but I'm far more optimistic of our chances. I never slated him on here when he came but I did say he wasn't my first choice. I'm chuffed to bits that he's helped to bring the feel good factor back to AG.

Keep up the good work Cotts.

I was disappointed at the appointment of Cotterill.

I had had enough of O'Driscoll and was just down in general. It was bad football and bad days.

Compare that to my feelings now.

He's brought entertaining football, quality additions, a winning attitude and he's brought us with him.

Quite funny that the last guy was known for good football and brought us hoofball and the guy known for hoofball has brought us exciting football.

Shows what a load of balls reputations can be.

Well done Steve, I'm optimistic!

He seems to have gone for this unorthodox approach in that he's recruiting good players, who appear to want to be here and are presumably on less money than those who they replaced.  All come with a pedigree, too (although we've heard that before).

Think, tbf, losing Fontaine, Pearson, Elliott etc off the payroll has opened up this opportunity for him; the timing is good.

However, a line from an interview I liked was: ''How can I put it? we've had to get rid of last year's negativity, well, the negativity of the last few years actually.  It's good to see people smiling down here, and we want to keep them smiling!''.

Still, it's a fickle business so I shouldn't go fawning too much just yet. 

Cotts has done very well so far but the jury is still kind of out for me.. This is the season he has to do the business and with the squad we have especially if we keep Baldock then anything less than top 6 will be poor..

In regards to Leeds you have to look at there recent history. You cant compare them to us. They have had so much success over the last twenty years, success is passed down from generation to generation and even if they are pretty sh1te now the young'uns up there still believe because they hear about the champions league storys and the title winning team of 91 etc etc.. What can we tell our kids? The Ldv van's win in 2003? Hardly inspiring is it..

Its our lack of success that has fo0ked us to be honest its that simple. Promotion to the Prem in 08 and a little stay up there of a couple of seasons maybe would have increased our fanbase by quite a far bit i would say.

Leeds is a one team town, makes hell of a difference.

And as of this season Bristol is a one football league team City. The time to capitalise is now. Promotion this year only for City and not for Rovers and we could potentially go on a very upward curve over the next decade.

And as of this season Bristol is a one football league team City. The time to capitalise is now. Promotion this year only for City and not for Rovers and we could potentially go on a very upward curve over the next decade.

Don't disagree.

On a side note how disappointing is it to be in bristol and see kids wearing liverpool/man utd/arsenal kits. Cant help but imagine how big we could be if more people supported their local clubs.

Thats what impressed me with Leeds when i went up there couple seasons ago to watch city.

The whole place supports leeds, you do not see any other football shirts up there and everywhere you go you see the Leeds badge in shops etc.

Dead right. I look forward to the day when the Centre is a mass of purple and lime. :city:

Love the positivity on here

Sag relegation could be a massive win for us if they don't come back within two seasons. The timing of the ground (I am still an AV supporter but I guess I need to put that to bed) and the post Xmas resurgence of the team is perfect

Purple and Lime is like a much loved Uncle back on the scene and differentiates us from everyone else. I hope it becomes our main second strip for the coming years and funnily purple does seem to be in this summer. Mrs. Oxo says! Check Rory out!

Sure is and so are the fans. When Cotterill loses a few games ( and he will ) come on this forum then and see the fans reaction then.

Yes of course we will lose games, but if he gets a bad reaction will depend on how we lose won't it. Not even OTIB's finest can blame the manager if the opposition nick a win in the 95 minute after a deflection off someone's backside, can they?

Cotterill has been a breath of fresh air, much needed as at the time we were gasping for breath. Some may judge him to be a bit well, thick for want of a better word, because of his accent and honesty. I think he is a shrewd and clever man who deserves some credit for attracting a better class of player than that we have released. If nothing else that's a good foundation to start to build from.

Yes of course we will lose games, but if he gets a bad reaction will depend on how we lose won't it. Not even OTIB's finest can blame the manager if the opposition nick a win in the 95 minute after a deflection off someone's backside, can they?

Cotterill has been a breath of fresh air, much needed as at the time we were gasping for breath. Some may judge him to be a bit well, thick for want of a better word, because of his accent and honesty. I think he is a shrewd and clever man who deserves some credit for attracting a better class of player than that we have released. If nothing else that's a good foundation to start to build from.

Agree. He comes across as a very good man manager, and looks like his time spent out of management with Harry has worked wonders as his tactics have been spot on since he has been here. We are playing fast, attacking, high-tempo football for the first time in **** knows how long and is making watching Bristol City and pleasurable and proud experience once again. Right man and the right time for me.

What I like about him is that he is enthusiastic and passionate, and he seems to be able to get the team to enjoy playing. Cheltenham Town fans will tell you what a hardworking manager he was for them. I am pleased with what he has done so far and long may it continue.

It's great that people are holding their hands up and eating humble pie of their (most peoples) condemnation of his appointment, but how about people use this as a lesson about shouting their mouths of and slagging people off before giving them a chance...?

It's not a one off... Wilbrahams anyone..?!

Let's give people our support and a chance here, shall we..?

Sure is and so are the fans. When Cotterill loses a few games ( and he will ) come on this forum then and see the fans reaction then.

Agreed.

I have been watching this game for to many years now to get carried away one way or the other, as I have learnt how fast it can change.

Robbored, I hope your health is on the up.

One constant, and the great equilibrium of football fora and life, is that people (esp. blokes) will lock horns.

I would confidently predict that supporters of Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Barcelona during the height of their success would've still been bickering over the smallest of issues.

These fora really wouldn't be the success they are if we truly did agree on everything.

Glad to see you talking sense on this occasion, though ;)

It's great to feel positive again and in my opinion it's been a long while since any City manager has been as positive in the transfer market as Cotts has. As has been seen for years, up and down the leagues, the teams that do well have that sense of togetherness and that can only come from the top down. Having a squad of players that play for each other, don't get the huff when they're left out of the first team but work hard to fight their way back in and in the mean time support those that are, is the hallmark of a team that achieves more.

It's been one game so far but coming off the back of the second half of last year we really are moving forward after a couple of seasons that tested the resolve of every fan.

Long may Cotts continue and lets hope he gets to prove his doubters (from those other clubs) wrong when we get back into the Championship and build onwards from there.

Archived