IGNORED

Serious Traffic Announcement Ahead Of Games Again At Ag - Updated

Dollymarie

Hello everyone

For anyone who hasn't driven into Bristol recently, especially those of you who drive to games from outside of Bristol, you really need to read this.

Bristol Water are currently digging up large areas of Bristol, the main ones being

1) Immediately outside Temple Meads

2) A38 road near Bishopsworth Road and down towards Parson Street.

In both of these places, there is only one lane available.

This is causing ridiculous amounts of traffic chaos, so much so I now avoid the area completely, having wasted hours of my life just trying to get home (I would normally go past both of these to get to/from work)

Also the Long Ashton Bypass is about to shut this week until next year, and so that will be another major route out of action.

Whoever decides these things needs their head looking at, for them all to be happening at once.

I wanted to give people the heads up who may not have driven to the Gate since last May, seriously try and find another way if you can, or plan to be sat in traffic much longer than you normally would be.

I wanted to give people the heads up who may not have driven to the Gate since last May, seriously try and find another way if you can, or plan to be sat in traffic much longer than you normally would be.

Thanks DM - so for those of us in the Dolman, make it a day trip?

Can only agree,getting the airport bus back last week I was stuck by Parson St for over half an hour in mid morning "light" traffic.

Utter chaos and as Dolly says whoever decided this should all happen at once wants sacking.

Hello everyone

For anyone who hasn't driven into Bristol recently, especially those of you who drive to games from outside of Bristol, you really need to read this.

Bristol Water are currently digging up large areas of Bristol, the main ones being

1) Immediately outside Temple Meads

2) A38 road near Bishopsworth Road and down towards Parson Street.

In both of these places, there is only one lane available.

This is causing ridiculous amounts of traffic chaos, so much so I now avoid the area completely, having wasted hours of my life just trying to get home (I would normally go past both of these to get to/from work)

Also the Long Ashton Bypass is about to shut this week until next year, and so that will be another major route out of action.

Whoever decides these things needs their head looking at, for them all to be happening at once.

Indeed, The road works on Bedminster Down Rd are causing chaos. Most days the traffic is past the crematorium towards the Kings Head

A370 will be open one way - allowing incoming (to Bristol) traffic in morning and outgoing in evening.  But yes councils failing to talk to each other.. SURPRISE.

The Long Ashton bypass is closing for months? Seriously? Why? And where?

It's not closing completely. There will be one lane open. From 5.00 am this will be for rush hour traffic going into Bristol. At 11.30 am it will change and will be open for traffic leaving Bristol. For those travelling in the "wrong" direction at any time there will be a diversion. Even if you're travelling in the "right" direction it will be slow as it's only one lane.

If I used this excuse I would be accused of going to the Pub every night on the way home

Add to that the roadworks along the river from Temple Meads towards Bedminster and reports of flooding on the Portway. More rain forecast for today though maybe clearing a bit by tonight's game, more people drive in the rain rather than walk. Well it will be a good test for Saturday anyway!

Not knowing the road names all that well, can anyone tell me if I'm coming in from withywood way down dundry hill and parking up by a house one of the ones behind the shops where the KFC is by the ground will I be badly affected?

Yes, you want to allow more time, as I presume you join the A38 by coming out of the Bishopsworth Road junction where the Cross Hands pub is, and that junction has been stupidly busy during peak times ( I even tried to go that way on Saturday afternoon, and there was a queue)

One morning last week before I gave up going that way, it took me 45 minutes to get out of the end of Bishopsworth Road (by the Bristol Water building) because the traffic coming down the road was blocking the Bishopsworth Road junction, and the traffic lights on that junction have a sensor, so that if no traffic moves, the lights think no one is there, and go back to red.

I have tried complaining to the council, asking them to turn the sensor off, but with no response, hence me now just avoiding that junction.

As already mentioned the Long Ashton by pass is one lane into Bristol from 5.00.-11.00. then reverts to one lane outgoing towards W-S-M from 11.00. to 5.00. next morning. Diversion outgoing in the mornings and incoming at other times is a long way around if the diversion is followed. However, if you meet the weight restrictions, you can always use the road through Long Ashton.

Thanks for this Dolly-M. Any idea how it affects buses to Temple Meads after the game? Will they even be running? If not I will be.

Getting to TM is easier, as there is only one set of temporary lights alongside St Mary Redcliffe School, but I would imagine it will still be somewhat snarled up because of that, and the lane reductions coming the other way.

Archived