IGNORED

Serious Traffic Announcement Ahead Of Games Again At Ag - Updated

Dollymarie

Just to add to the chaos for next Tuesday's match, if anyone was thinking of a cheeky short cut over the Clifton Suspension Bridge, don't bother, it's shut!

Not quite as bad as it seems.  From the Clifton Suspension Bridge website:

"The Clifton Suspension Bridge will be closed to all vehicles between 9.30am and 4.30pm each day from Monday 18 to Friday 22 August 2014.  One footway will remain open on the bridge for pedestrians only.  Cyclists may use the footway if they dismount and walk, and will therefore experience delays."

However, outside of the closure times there will still be delays due to road works and temporary traffic lights each side of the bridge

Can only agree,getting the airport bus back last week I was stuck by Parson St for over half an hour in mid morning "light" traffic.

Utter chaos and as Dolly says whoever decided this should all happen at once wants sacking.

One suspects it wasn't decided by one person but by a load of different people taking the decision for their own reasons.  Clearly no joined up thinking let alone strategic leadership.

Definitely. The A 38 junctions at the Cross Hands and Parson Street  are a no go areas at the moment. 

Try Whitchurch Lane then through Knowle West.

Go through Knowle & go down Redcatch or Wedmore Vale then onto Sheene Rd & North Street via the little roundabout just past the Brunel pub. Any approach via Bedminster Down Rd or Bridgwater Rd is a major no-no.

Hello everyone

For anyone who hasn't driven into Bristol recently, especially those of you who drive to games from outside of Bristol, you really need to read this.

Bristol Water are currently digging up large areas of Bristol, the main ones being

1) Immediately outside Temple Meads

2) A38 road near Bishopsworth Road and down towards Parson Street.

In both of these places, there is only one lane available.

This is causing ridiculous amounts of traffic chaos, so much so I now avoid the area completely, having wasted hours of my life just trying to get home (I would normally go past both of these to get to/from work)

Also the Long Ashton Bypass is about to shut this week until next year, and so that will be another major route out of action.

Whoever decides these things needs their head looking at, for them all to be happening at once.

I wanted to give people the heads up who may not have driven to the Gate since last May, seriously try and find another way if you can, or plan to be sat in traffic much longer than you normally would be.

Cheers Dolls, that will be Mrs Bucks n me...can you give an alternative route from the M4 for us...my knowlege of the fair city is somewhat deficient these days

Cheers Dolls, that will be Mrs Bucks n me...can you give an alternative route from the M4 for us...my knowlege of the fair city is somewhat deficient these days

You'd probably be better off getting on the M5 south, coming down to the Avonmouth junction, and then going down the Portway (again you'll need to leave some extra time) and then round the cumberland basin to get to the Gate.

You'd probably be better off getting on the M5 south, coming down to the Avonmouth junction, and then going down the Portway (again you'll need to leave some extra time) and then round the cumberland basin to get to the Gate.

Not between 5.30 - 6.30pm. It's chaos going into Bristol that time of night.

One suspects it wasn't decided by one person but by a load of different people taking the decision for their own reasons. Clearly no joined up thinking let alone strategic leadership.

Which is kind of what you elect a city council for.

Somerset County Council down my way have played a blinder recently, the A39 blocked at Coxely, diversions via Glastonbury-Pilton - then allow "BT infinity " to dig up that road!

One suspects it wasn't decided by one person but by a load of different people taking the decision for their own reasons.  Clearly no joined up thinking let alone strategic leadership.

It would all be different if we had an elected mayor :nono:

Oh, hang on a minute...

Which is kind of what you elect a city council for.

Somerset County Council down my way have played a blinder recently, the A39 blocked at Coxely, diversions via Glastonbury-Pilton - then allow "BT infinity " to dig up that road!

That was a right pain, I needed to do maybe a 10-15 min journey max, turned into a good 45 mins or so as the diverson took you out to Shepton and over the top.

You'd probably be better off getting on the M5 south, coming down to the Avonmouth junction, and then going down the Portway (again you'll need

to leave some extra time) and then round the cumberland basin to get to the Gate.

Normally this is the best way BUT living by the M5 j14 (Thornbury) I've learned never to go to AG on the M5 during school holidays - Saturday can see queues from j14 right down to Cleevedon and beyond.

Best to stay on the M4 at the Almondsbury interchange heading towards Cardiff and turn onto the M49 (j22 just before the new Severn Bridge) this takes you to Avonmouth - just get in lane for A4 Bristol Airport Avonmouth and follow A4 sign to the Portway......on matchdays the portway can queue back to start of the bus lane at Sea Mills but it does move. Takes about 15 mins to get to Cumberland Basin usually from that point.

hope this helps Bucks on Sat, after school hols M5 is ok.

Just seen this on the council website for anyone going tonight

Nature of restriction: Road closure

Date: Tuesday 12 August 2014

Time: 8pm until 11pm

Reason: Possible flooding

Nature of restriction: Possible road closure

Date: Tuesday 12 August 2014

Time: 9pm until 10pm

Reason: Possible flooding

Long term issues though, Bower Ashton, area around Aston Park school and Ashton Court, from September 29th will be part of Red Trousers Resident Parking Zone. Apparently this RPZ will be 24 hour 7 days a week. So unless you are lucky enough to have a permit or know anyone who lives there there wont be any parking.

Archived