IGNORED

Burnley-Chelsea

Smokey

OK, it was Saturday 18th April 1981.

....does anyone actually remember the game? Chelsea had a huge defender - Micky Droy? - that blocked out most of our attacks. If we could have signed the likes of him then we wouldn't have been relegated.

Was i dreaming or did we relegate them once, last game of the season at ashton gate, i think their fate was already sealed upon reflection, remember them celebrating when we scored.........

Was i dreaming or did we relegate them once, last game of the season at ashton gate, i think their fate was already sealed upon reflection, remember them celebrating when we scored.........

Chelsea were relegated from the top flight 1978/79 with 20 points, we had 40 points and finished 13th. I know that because I just looked it up. :shifty:  So, Chelsea were probably celebrating relegation because they knew they'd be visiting 'Bristol's family club' the following season. What a Chelsea visit to Eastville that turned out to be with Chelsea's 'bus' parked on the Tote End. :clapping:

Anyone can be a genius when you have heaps of dough to play with. He's hardly uneartherd Costa and Fabregas has he.. One is proven in this country already and the other was probably the stand out striker in Europe behind Suarez..

Would genuienly love to see Mourinho at league one level..

I don't get this whole ''he couldn't do it at L1 level'' said about top managers - course they can't. They're used to having the top facilities, top budgets and players. Cotterill has done a great job here - could he go to Chelsea and win them the Prem? Could Pelligrini come here and get us promoted, coaching players no where the quality he's used to working with?

Archived