IGNORED

'rochdale Fighter Boy' They Were Singing About?

City vs Rovers

Steward 116, the one who looked he was pilled out of his head gurning, chewing his jaw took pelters all day, hilarious.

As for mildew he's supposed to be Rochdales "top lad".

City were told to bring a mob by Rochdale, we obviously obliged bringing a good 200/250 lads.

The chants were aimed at him and at his mighty invisible mob!!!

Steward 116, the one who looked he was pilled out of his head gurning, chewing his jaw took pelters all day, hilarious.

City were told to bring a mob by Rochdale, we obviously obliged bringing a good 200/250 lads.

I thought Rochdales mob consisted of the 4 guys on that program sat in some pub having a beer ;)

What was the away attendance? My guess would be 600-700 at most.

You're telling me that one-third of our away attendance were just there for a scrap with the Rochdale "mob"? I'd hope not, if that's the case then it's embarrassing.

You're telling me that one-third of our away attendance were just there for a scrap with the Rochdale "mob"? I'd hope not, if that's the case then it's embarrassing.

Why embarrassing?   I haven't done that sort of thing for decades, BUT if you're "called out" it's good manners to turn up. Sounds a bit like Rotherham last year, the lads turned out after an invite and...... nothing !  Which, of course is good.

No those lads did not turn up just for a scrap, they turned up to watch Bristol City, and if by a miracle, there would have been a mob of Rochdale, :laugh: they would have entertained them. I love the rubbish that is spouted by the media and believed by the general public, that they are not football fans. Yes they are, they spend the same amount as every other fan, a lot more in fact, due to the designer clothes they buy to fit in.

Unless people have been a part of FV and the casual scene they can never understand it, I'm not going to go into a debate, because as I have said you will not understand it.

Very true dafarms couldn't have put it better myself!

No those lads did not turn up just for a scrap, they turned up to watch Bristol City, and if by a miracle, there would have been a mob of Rochdale, :laugh: they would have entertained them. I love the rubbish that is spouted by the media and believed by the general public, that they are not football fans. Yes they are, they spend the same amount as every other fan, a lot more in fact, due to the designer clothes they buy to fit in.

Unless people have been a part of FV and the casual scene they can never understand it, I'm not going to go into a debate, because as I have said you will not understand it.

Personally I enjoyed the Rochdale response to "Rochdale a s***hole I want to go home" To which they replied "we already know, we already know" and "your bristol city you get to go home".

Raise more of a smile than it should have.

That was superb.

Good set up there, decent pub on the corner of the ground which lets away fans in, and some cracking tunes too - Oasis, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Specials, Clash, Jam etc, Better than the usual poppy shite that gets played at most grounds.

Maybe it was just where I was sat, but I didn't see 200/250 that stood out as 'lads'.

Well 4/5 buses 49 seats each plus those of us that travelled by train.

If you get told to bring a mob, then you oblige.

Those that say we aren't there to support the club are complete *****, especially the ones with the cheek to make the comments but not even travel to support your team!

Farmer got it completely correct, you just wouldn't understand.

This has to be the worst argument to justify illegal and antisocial behaviour there is.

"I'm partial to a bit of dogfighting myself, but you'd never understand because you're not into it."

This has to be the worst argument to justify illegal and antisocial behaviour there is.

"I'm partial to a bit of dogfighting myself, but you'd never understand because you're not into it."

As much as that last part made me laugh, I think it's not so much justifying it as much as it's saying "don't mock what you don't understand".

No it's not Rich, there have been all sorts of programmes, books, investigations by so say expert doctors, into what makes people want to fight at football and belong to something, but they would never understand, and have never found thhe answer, because you cannot be an expert on something you have never been part of.

As I said, you would not understand, it's a youth thing of growing up, looking up to the people that you are around, and wanting to be like them, and belong with them.

I can mock all I like grown men desperate to wear the "right clothes" so they can "fit in".

I don't want to try to understand why adults would want to travel miles to get in a semi-organised punch up with a bunch of strangers, or smash up some grotty back street pub. I have my own theories.

I do understand infantile behaviour though and I think I can speak for the vast majority, when I say we wish guys who travel with the support with violence as part of their agenda would just f off and pick another sport to demonstrate their toy town tribalism. Croquet, say?

They are the reason why football fans are treated like c-words wherever we go, why the game is so ridiculously regulated, why vast policing costs get passed on to the club and then to the supporters and why the sport as a whole has a bad name.

No it's not Rich, there have been all sorts of programmes, books, investigations by so say expert doctors, into what makes people want to fight at football and belong to something, but they would never understand, and have never found thhe answer, because you cannot be an expert on something you have never been part of.

As I said, you would not understand, it's a youth thing of growing up, looking up to the people that you are around, and wanting to be like them, and belong with them.

How old are you?

Might be a long shot here, but I would suggest that if you' really feel the need to follow role models, you're picking the wrong ones.

Yet another thread directed towards football violence and the usual idiots trying to glamourise it. All I can say to those who condone or take part in football violence is to F... Off back to the Stone Age and let the proper law abiding fans enjoy their past time.

I mean the normal fans/members of society who can differentiate between right and wrong. Don't insult our intelligence by pretending or labelling yourselves as fans. You're nothing but thugs out to cause trouble. I don't want to understand you or your petty excuses as to why you do it. Clear off and put your penchant for violence to good use. Perhaps try the services were they might turn you into proper human beings although I seriously doubt they would take rabble like you.

I respect your point of view RR - however as I understand it.....

Rochdale took the time and effort to make contact and suggest a meeting.

They bottled it.

If such meeting had occurred, nobody but the parties involved would have been harmed in any way. Nobody else would have known until after the event.

As is the case 95% of the time.

Condemn it all you like, but it has been happening for the last 100 years and will continue for the next 100.

Wether you like it or not, 'Youth' firms are exploding in numbers at just about every club - both Bristol ones included.

Had a "meeting" occurred it would as like have attracted the attention of the GMP and local press and people and the "harm" would have been done to our club's reputation and the sport of football generally. No-one can deny that the authorities use such "meetings" as part of their excuse for swingeing legislation towards football fans. I'd rather any Fight Club type antics took place totally without the context of City and football generally .

Going on for 100 years, SX? About 40 I reckon.

Btw I know people "involved " and, yes, I do make the same argument to them.

Archived