IGNORED

Rugby "too Dangerous For Kids"

Barrs Court Red

Silly wench Allyson Pollock "a public health expert" has called for kids to stop playing rugby in compulsory lessons.

She claims 1 in 6 risk serious injury, and claims scrums and tackles should be removed from schoolboy rugby.

I can't understand people who want to shield children from every possible risk. Tree climbing is dangerous but what kid doesn't love it?

When I was at school we used to be regularly flattened by the wierd beasts put out by Chepstow. It tought us that using skill and technique could still take down these 13 year olds in mens bodies.

Where does it end? Ban headers in football incase of an errant elbow?

We used to have 70 kid 'pile-ons' on unsuspecting ginger kids, organised 'twatting fights' the school used to refer to as 'hockey' and the cultural institution that is 'British Bulldogs'.

This is before we get into the extra curricular activities such as 'wedgies', 'peanuttting' (suffocating a kid by tightening his tie to his Adam's apple until he turned blue), and 'ASS' which was effectively a firing squad smashing footballs at the backsides of kids who had lost at 'Wembley' or 'Keepie Uppie'.

Can't remember 1/6 suffering serious injury. Cynical legal culture though now, isn't it?

What they should be banning in schools is French, I'm tempted to press retrospective charges over that tbh.

Don't worry though, this particular trend of political correctness will pass when a 16 year old has a complete mental break down having felt physical pain for the first time in his life or some kid dies at 12 at the onslaught of his first cold due to a redundant immune system.

Crazy world.

Silly wench Allyson Pollock "a public health expert" has called for kids to stop playing rugby in compulsory lessons.

She claims 1 in 6 risk serious injury, and claims scrums and tackles should be removed from schoolboy rugby.

I can't understand people who want to shield children from every possible risk. Tree climbing is dangerous but what kid doesn't love it?

When I was at school we used to be regularly flattened by the wierd beasts put out by Chepstow. It tought us that using skill and technique could still take down these 13 year olds in mens bodies.

Where does it end? Ban headers in football incase of an errant elbow?

Unfortunately there ave been recent calls for heading the ball to be banned before the age of 14 due to risks of brain damage. We are gonna lose the next generation to video games at this rate because the 'real world' is too protected to be fun.

What they should be banning in schools is French, I'm tempted to press retrospective charges over that tbh.

.....French for me was a nightmare. I understand it was the Tory EEC loving traitor Prime Minister Edward Heath that insisted school children of my generation must learn French.

"Tree climbing is dangerous but what kid doesn't love it?"

I was a Scout Leader for thirty years, for 15 of those years I was in charge of the 15-20year old section. They could not believe it when, at a BBQ in a park, I would not let them climb trees. I explained I did not have the necessary permit, therefore I would be in trouble if I allowed them, even at that age to climb a tree.

"Tree climbing is dangerous but what kid doesn't love it?"

I was a Scout Leader for thirty years, for 15 of those years I was in charge of the 15-20year old section. They could not believe it when, at a BBQ in a park, I would not let them climb trees. I explained I did not have the necessary permit, therefore I would be in trouble if I allowed them, even at that age to climb a tree.

When I were a little lad I used to play in Lady Smyths Park outside Ashton Gate. We all used to drink from the park's water fountains. In fact, every park in Bristol had a water fountain. Now they're all gone and the children seem to be drinking fizzy canned and bottled drinks instead of the fountain water......not good for their teeth or their general health.

Archived