IGNORED

How Smug Is Our Very Own David Moyes...?

BS4 on Tour...

The other person to blame is the clown Ed Wooward and his inability to sign quality players at sensible price Falani and De Maria both over priced panic buys.

Absolutely. Though he had done a superb job in the commercial department.

What was shocking was that they allowed Ferguson and Gill to leave at the same time. It was a recipe for disaster.

Not very is my honest answer, he left no legacy at all, some would say even selfish to finish when he did knowing nothing was there and yet he goes with no blemish. All I will say is his timing was pretty god damn good!

Come on, be serious, he won the tittle with nearly the same group of players.

A lot of young kids who think they have made it, will now be thinking if they can even hack it in a lower league.

All of this is Ferguson's fault' he never replaced his midfield with anything decent, that midfield has been dying on its ass for years, now all the trusted experience has gone, there is nothing there. Likewise with the defence. Ferguson no matter how great struggled to find a decent midfielder, the last really productive one he bought was Keane! Although I guess Rinaldo was a midfielder. Two good signings and a myriad of average signings that his class of 92 held together.

....my heart bleeds for Man Ure and all their non Mancunian fans - it really does. :D

....my heart bleeds for Man Ure and all their non Mancunian fans - it really does. :D

Can't stand em, disliked the more when fergie was in charge, granted. But I love watching their fans suffer. Watching aguero score in the last minute and watching man u fans staff and players crumple was a joy to behold.

Only beaten by watching the horse punchers leave the league :)

Come on, be serious, he won the tittle with nearly the same group of players.

Well, Ferguson won some top honours with unfashionable Aberdeen before he went to Manchester. Ferguson was a managerial genius of my lifetime alongside Ramsey, Paisley, Clough, Mourinho, Shankley etc.

Can't stand em, disliked the more when fergie was in charge, granted. But I love watching their fans suffer. Watching aguero score in the last minute and watching man u fans staff and players crumple was a joy to behold.

Years ago the likes of Sergio Aguero would have been playing for Man Utd. Man City is where the top players are now attracted to - the balance of power has really shifted in Manchester - blue moon rising and all that.

Well, Ferguson won some top honours with unfashionable Aberdeen before he went to Manchester. Ferguson was a managerial genius of my lifetime alongside Ramsey, Paisley, Clough, Mourinho, Shankley etc.

Like him or loathe him, anyone who doesn't recognise Ferguson's genius is an idiot.

Like him or loathe him, anyone who doesn't recognise Ferguson's genius is an idiot.

No doubt about it. But he left the club in a shit place, and it wasn't an overnight thing, it has been developing over 3 or 4 years. The blind loyalty and his ability to squeeze every last drop of talent out of them must be applauded. But he has taken his eyes of the ball, not invested wisely and not seen the bigger picture, I.e. the team without him at the helm. In that respect, he hasn't done enough for Manchester United going forward

He has left a legacy.. Which it seems he has engineered in such a way that it won't carry on.

Ferguson carries a lot of the blame for the state they're in. He left no legacy at all with his last 5 years of awful transfer business.

This is nonsense, of course. Man United have had what you might call an 'average' squad for years, but Ferguson made them into champions. That's what good managers do.

This is nonsense, of course. Man United have had what you might call an 'average' squad for years, but Ferguson made them into champions. That's what good managers do.

Absolutely. Shankly, Clough, etc. were shrewd buyers and tacticians, but also Grand Masters of Applied Bullshit. The Special One is today's equivalent. If you can convince a good team that they're great, you're on the way.

Much as I loathe them, Colin and P**is are in the same game at a much lower level. It's what kept GJ going until the bubble burst.

It's what I hoped for from SC, although he's pleasantly surprised me in other areas, too.

Absolutely. Shankly, Clough, etc. were shrewd buyers and tacticians, but also Grand Masters of Applied Bullshit. The Special One is today's equivalent. If you can convince a good team that they're great, you're on the way.

Much as I loathe them, Colin and P**is are in the same game at a much lower level. It's what kept GJ going until the bubble burst.

It's what I hoped for from SC, although he's pleasantly surprised me in other areas, too.

Hear hear!

went to old Trafford a while back manu v the arse fa cup last 8 was in with 6,000 gunners.

wenger left henry on the bench the arse fans were going mental, anyway the arse done em 2.0 and to see old Trafford empting  twice as fast as the dolman was a sight to behold!!!!!!

I just killed a stranger on live TV with millions watching, unmasked, while showing off my drivers licence and passport, screaming out my name, and that I'm glad I did it. I am about to walk into a police station to confirm I'm glad the guy is dead and ask for some water to clean my bloodied hands.

I'll still have a better defence than United.

(with thanks to Reddit)

Fair play to franchise fc. It's not so much Man U the club I dislike, it's all of the plastic fans that go into melt down on social media. Especially those yeah don't go to games or never have any intention to. Drives me mad. Some of them are beyond clueless.

Personally don't think Fergie left them in a good state at all but in fairness he could have gone and signed a load of players that didn't into the next mans plans. Fergie isn't solely to blame. Moyes needed to assemble his own side and never really knew what he was doing in the transfer market and wasn't helped by Woodward. How any manager can think Fellaini would help united though is beyond me.

As hilarious as ManUres demise is, I can't believe so many people are taking pleasure in the glorious victory of a football team that should never have been allowed to exist. Still, I guess it's difficult not to take some pleasure in what was technically a 'home' defeat for most Man Utd fans...

I don't understand this whole "Ferguson left them a mess" view. The same group of players won the league before Moyes took over. It is not like they didn't win anything for years then he retired.

It goes to show just how good SAF was.

Someone on social media put up the team that beat Arsenal 8-2 3 years ago, bar Evra, all the players who started are still at United now (Nani is out on loan). Yes Arsenal were terrible that game, but still. It was not like they had a midfield of Beckham, Scholes, Keane and Giggs that day, it was Nani, Anderson, Cleverley & Young.

One major loss for them was David Gill as the Chief Exec. He should have stayed on another year with Moyes then move aside for Woodward or whoever.

Has anyone noticed that LVG is turning into the new Sean O'Driscoll?

Interesting that some managers think they can get away with their team playing absolute turd and blame it on the rebuilding process, nothing to do with their own failings on the training pitch, or team selections for that matter.

Has anyone noticed that LVG is turning into the new Sean O'Driscoll?

Interesting that some managers think they can get away with their team playing absolute turd and blame it on the rebuilding process, nothing to do with their own failings on the training pitch, or team selections for that matter.

He's done the old "stupid question" routine as well!!

Archived