IGNORED

We Could Go Second...

old_eastender

Just hope the rumours that Warnock is looking to pull in Derry at Palace have perhaps had an effect; Derry's own silence on the matter, while his chairman froths at the mouth about it in the press is... interesting.

Realise Derry is a fan of the club (Notts County), so may not want to jump ship, but when you look at the time our current manager took a job as an assistant coach to Wilkinson in order to get Premier League management experience, it's not without president.

When we played them last season at BS3- we really didn't deserve to win and county were very unlucky. JCR was excellent that day and fortunately has moved on. It will be good to get a win but I'll be happy with a point and a continuing unbeaten run.

I'm far from convinced that this team is ready to become a pace setter- more time needed for SC to get his best 11 and best formation.

I'd take a draw, but then would be hoping that were that the result, the next two matches being at home, that we'd really be going for it in them.

As with under GJ; gotta look at it in 'blocks'.  

A draw today gives us nine points out of five, and with three home matches in our next five, were we to do the same number of points and be on 18 from 10 games, we'd certainly be keeping competitive going into October.  

And to add context to the above; took us until 29 September to get nine points last year, so no shame it hitting that marker this early this year.

I'd take a draw, but then would be hoping that were that the result, the next two matches being at home, that we'd really be going for it in them.

As with under GJ; gotta look at it in 'blocks'.

A draw today gives us nine points out of five, and with three home matches in our next five, were we to do the same number of points and be on 18 from 10 games, we'd certainly be keeping competitive going into October.

And to add context to the above; took us until 29 September to get nine points last year, so no shame it hitting that marker this early this year.

Just out of interest, why would you use last season as context or a benchmark?

It was a horrific start to a season. Is it our objective to have a better start than last season or focus on the season ahead?

Think if we go today and take 3 points shows that we got what it takes goin forward

And that baldock won't be missed.

All this talk bout jet across the forum does my nut tbh

He's unfit needs to be benched until he really wants it!

Fair play to sc for havin the bollox to do it.

1-0 city for me today

COYR!!!!!

Just out of interest, why would you use last season as context or a benchmark?

It was a horrific start to a season. Is it our objective to have a better start than last season or focus on the season ahead?

A "better start" and looking forward are not mutually exclusive; by starting better we get closer to whatever long term objective we have faster.

And I never said "benchmark", but what it does do is show how the team we have now is performing better than that which we had last year.

No one (I certainly didn't) is saying last year is the standard; just pointing out how we've progressed since then.

Just hope the rumours that Warnock is looking to pull in Derry at Palace have perhaps had an effect; Derry's own silence on the matter, while his chairman froths at the mouth about it in the press is... interesting.

Realise Derry is a fan of the club (Notts County), so may not want to jump ship, but when you look at the time our current manager took a job as an assistant coach to Wilkinson in order to get Premier League management experience, it's not without president.

Precedent.

Archived