IGNORED

Shaun Derry

nickolas

I don't expect anything less from someone who's spent so much time with Neil Warnock! Warnocks never lost a game to a better team they've all been lucky/cheated/officials messed up etc. Seems like Derry will be the same, losing because of socks is a new one though!

I've just seen the goals! How can anybody say that it was not a pen!

Shite defending for their goal mind!!!

Ditto; terrible mix-up.  

And that Freeman free-kick; keeper didn't move an inch.

Nice to have a player with that in his locker on our side (two if you count JET, as he can hit them too).

Yes he was a nasty player and his side play negative Football but this is just the game and he isnt the only one to be bitter after their team loses a game.

I am going to stick my neck out and say I like Warnock and Derry, they are entertaining and we always seem to beat them aswell so whats not to like?!

Derry is a bit of a Knob. However he is interviewing for home fans and Radio Grottingham, thus he is unlikely to say we were completely outplayed they had a perfectly good goal disallowed and they should have won by five!

Matching socks not withstanding we rolled them over at home....Nigel Clough had his excuses too....I will however wait until someone says Bristol City are awesome and were light years ahead of us in skill and technique.....Should I start holding my breath!?

No, opposing managers have often praised us in the past but only when we've lost!

Are all the posters from that thread now posting in this one with an opposing view?

I don't know if I ever suggested signing Derry, but that sort of player is a good anchor for flair players. Views on them tend to change when we sign them of course - eg Norman Hunter who was one of the most hated players in the country.

derry was the type of player we needed in midfield at the time, we were far to soft and no one willing to put a tackle in with teams walking through us scoreing every week, so that wasn't a bad suggestion,

He he very much like robbie savage people don't like him until he plays for you,

Whinging so and so tho' stone waller yesterday can't have too many complaints about it, (tho' he did)

I have to admit he did a good job keeping them up last season and I thought we were extremely fortunate to beat them at Ashton Gate on Good Friday, but yesterday they were abysmal. They're obviously going to miss Grealish who was one of the best players in the league last season, but they've got off to a decent start and I was expecting them to be a lot better than they were yesterday.

At times in the first half they slightly dragged us down to their level, but in the second you won't often see an away team in more total control of a game than we were yesterday. I find it difficult to believe that their fans would be too happy with their goalkeeper endlessly wasting time when only drawing at home while we're still in August as well! I guess they got exactly what they deserved with us winning the game late on.

Laughable to suggest it was anything other than a stonewaller, but that is classic Derry I guess. I did chuckle yesterday when Wade Elliott skipped clear of two of their players and you could see Derry on the touchline going bonkers that they had failed to perform the type of foul he was such a master at. After watching them yesterday I can't say I'd blame him though if he takes the easy option and goes back to join Colin at Palace as part of his coaching team.

I don't know if I ever suggested signing Derry, but that sort of player is a good anchor for flair players. Views on them tend to change when we sign them of course - eg Norman Hunter who was one of the most hated players in the country.

don't even put derrys name on the same page as norman hunter !

Archived