IGNORED

Change Our Colour .

Major Isewater

No this is not a racist thread iam just ,like JET,thinking outside the box so bear with me.

Playing in Red does not distinguish us from the hundreds of other clubs who wear the same colour.

When a photo appears of a player wearing red i imagine the vast majority of folk would think it's Man. Utd ,Liverpool or Arsenal...

We seem to have a Monopoly on Purple and Lime so why don't we adopt those colours as our own and create our history so whenever people see those colours they think of the mighty Bristol City ?

I wait to be shot down by the traditionalists who cling to our magnificent years full of trophies and championships won whilst playing in red.

I'm a fan of the much loved Brian Tinnion Livepool Lime and Green kit of old, but if you are seriously suggesting we make it our actual first team colour then you're deluded. We're already the laughing stock of the English football world, just look on twitter/forums to see the abuse we get because of this kit (worse than Real's pink away kit and even worse than when Everton issued an April fools kit featuring a red Liver bird).

Some things should be left as fond memories of a time when you could get away with wearing strange colours. The 80s usually is a good place. City are red and white; always have been, always will be.

Not quite the new design, I got half way through then I realised I was using the old shield design so I couldn't be bothered to do any more. I made a few small changes to the unicorns.

untitled-Copy3_zpsf21bcd9b.png

I have seen other crest designs around. I like the bits and pieces from them all. On the one below I like the shield and the hand, I do not like the unircorns and the rest of it.

Bristol-Copy_zps842f1b9f.jpg

I really like the unicorns on this one though plus the scroll bit. Maybe if the good bits are combined it could make a decent badge. arms05_zps9848546f.jpg

Did a quick mock up to see what it would look like with white unicorns. I think it will work well but I am using paint and the quality is not there.

imagesCA5SHWJR_zpse403e0bf.jpg

Going back to the purple kit, I wonder what these would look like on it.

Bristol_City_FC_svg_zpsfe34bfee.png

Blimey!! i thought i was at a rave, bright, so bright  :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long:

1385637_10151957755069935_1872660256_n.j

If City made purple the shirt colour, would we ever need an away shirt? We would not clash with anyone.

When the team does well reporters would tell the viewers City have hit a purple patch whilst journalists could describe the play in purple prose.

Blimey!! i thought i was at a rave, bright, so bright  :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long: :online2long:

If you thought that was bright cider head, you'll be glad you didn't see this one I did earlier. It will blow your mind if you look at it too long, I had to wear my sunglasses while I was doing :sun: Bristol_City_FC_svg-Copy_zps5a279eb8.png

On the subject of the crest and robin badge it seems fans are a bit divided on it. Has anyone thought about having a gatehouse as a badge? There used to be one around Ashton Gate around the medieval times. This would have been the south gateway into Bristol. I saw it on a medieval map and if I can find it again I will put it up.

So what is your thoughts on having a gatehouse as a badge?

Archived