IGNORED

Gary Johnson Missing!

Rocky

Well, now, interesting to see the level of hindsight being applied in some of the criticism on here. Not so long ago, many were clamouring for the return of GJ, and at the time those of us who pointed out that he left a poor legacy were absolutely hammered for speaking what is, in fact, the truth. Yet now the rose-tinted glasses appear to have fallen off a number of faces.

Whether GJ is a nice person is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he was revered by many at City for finally achieving a long-overdue promotion - now, I've seen three other managers get City up in my time, none of whom got anywhere near the same level of love (Cooper, Jordan and Ward). Yet he left a lousy legacy, full of overpaid, long contract and ageing players, with no real promise of youth coming through. That legacy is still being sorted out.

Maybe he's done the same thing at Yeovil. Certainly his behaviour earlier in the week appears to have been somewhat unprofessional.

You are absolutely spot on!!

Well, now, interesting to see the level of hindsight being applied in some of the criticism on here.  Not so long ago, many were clamouring for the return of GJ, and at the time those of us who pointed out that he left a poor legacy were absolutely hammered for speaking what is, in fact, the truth.  Yet now the rose-tinted glasses appear to have fallen off a number of faces.

Whether GJ is a nice person is irrelevant.  What is relevant is that he was revered by many at City for finally achieving a long-overdue promotion - now, I've seen three other managers get City up in my time, none of whom got anywhere near the same level of love (Cooper, Jordan and Ward).  Yet he left a lousy legacy, full of overpaid, long contract and ageing players, with no real promise of youth coming through.  That legacy is still being sorted out.

Maybe he's done the same thing at Yeovil.  Certainly his behaviour earlier in the week appears to have been somewhat unprofessional.

Interestingly, Alan Dicks also got City up and, as I recall, he never got much love either.

Well, now, interesting to see the level of hindsight being applied in some of the criticism on here. Not so long ago, many were clamouring for the return of GJ, and at the time those of us who pointed out that he left a poor legacy were absolutely hammered for speaking what is, in fact, the truth. Yet now the rose-tinted glasses appear to have fallen off a number of faces.

Whether GJ is a nice person is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he was revered by many at City for finally achieving a long-overdue promotion - now, I've seen three other managers get City up in my time, none of whom got anywhere near the same level of love (Cooper, Jordan and Ward). Yet he left a lousy legacy, full of overpaid, long contract and ageing players, with no real promise of youth coming through. That legacy is still being sorted out.

Maybe he's done the same thing at Yeovil. Certainly his behaviour earlier in the week appears to have been somewhat unprofessional.

He then also got us 45 minutes away from Premier league which probably helps. My Dad always talks highly of Cooper and Jordan.

Ward had us at the bottom of the table which is probably why he gets a little less thanks.

He then also got us 45 minutes away from Premier league which probably helps. My Dad always talks highly of Cooper and Jordan.

Ward had us at the bottom of the table which is probably why he gets a little less thanks.

Virtually every single manager will have a sell by date at a particular club, a time their particular formula that has brought success begins to fail, it is usually preceded by the trust me speech and then the we can turn this around speech and meanwhile making more and more risky panic buys/loans, which usually ends up unsettling the dressing room and and as we know, once the dressing room is lost all is lost.

Archived