IGNORED

Gary Johnson Missing!

Rocky

AS soon as GJ went back to Yeovil he closed the centre of excellence down. 6 months later he got rid of the u18/ reserve team.

The money he saved was spent on bringing in loan players.

All your club have now is a first team squad,which seems to often consist a lot of loanees in it.

When you got to the Championship I said on here that you will be in league 2 in 2-3 years.

I still think you will, your club has no foundations,GJ just looks at the short term, he hasn't any long term plan for your club.

yoevil aren't the only team to shut down youth acadmenys ihats more to do with prem greed and EPPP then gary himself

yoevil aren't the only team to shut down youth acadmenys ihats more to do with prem greed and EPPP then gary himself

Wycombe were the only other club to do it.

I agree that EPPP is Premier greed,but GJ is running that club with a very very short term strategy.

You can't have a first team that has to be rebuilt 'every season' because all the loanees leave.

AS soon as GJ went back to Yeovil he closed the centre of excellence down. 6 months later he got rid of the u18/ reserve team.

All your club have now is a first team squad,which seems to often consist a lot of loanees in it.

When you got to the Championship I said on here that you will be in league 2 in 2-3 years.

I still think you will, your club has no foundations,GJ just looks at the short term, he hasn't any long term plan for your club.

We only have 2 loans players, the 2nd of which was brought in this weeks because of injuries.

Don't disagree with anything else though.

Wycombe were the only other club to do it.

I agree that EPPP is Premier greed,but GJ is running that club with a very very short term strategy.

You can't have a first team that has to be rebuilt 'every season' because all the loanees leave.

Bill we have had this argument before and the truth is GJ cannot just shut the Yeovil academy down of his own volition without telling the board, he can tell the board that that is his position and they then make the decision and they decide to go with his advice rightly or wrongly, GJ never shut the academy down the board did rightly or wrongly.

The fault is squarely with the board who went along with him.

Oh dear, the guy who took Yeovil up through the Leagues has come back to destroy the club. Unbelievable really!

Bill we have had this argument before and the truth is GJ cannot just shut the Yeovil academy down of his own volition without telling the board, he can tell the board that that is his position and they then make the decision and they decide to go with his advice rightly or wrongly, GJ never shut the academy down the board did rightly or wrongly.

The fault is squarely with the board who went along with him.

Yes Esmond we have talked about this before,I agree that it's GJ 'and' the board.

GJ took the job on under the understanding that he and the board would shut the Coe and Youth teams down to use that money on new signings/loans.

I still say it's a short term measure that won't,and isn't helping Yeovil Town,they are not self reliant, they have to bring players in, rather than bringing their own players through.

Yes Esmond we have talked about this before,I agree that it's GJ 'and' the board.

GJ took the job on under the understanding that he and the board would shut the Coe and Youth teams down to use that money on new signings/loans.

I still say it's a short term measure that won't,and isn't helping Yeovil Town,they are not self reliant, they have to bring players in, rather than bringing their own players through.

Then blame the board, they make the decisions GJ i'm sure wasn't the only manager out of work at the time and if they believed his demands were wrong they should have had the balls to say no, GJ has asked for what he believed was right for him, but they had the ultimate sanction 2 letters NO.

You make it sound as likely as Tony Blair winning GQ's philanthropist of the year award, I mean people who make that decision would never do that would they, just imagine the hilarity and outcry?.

PS:- I do need to ask this Bill, the board are aware that GJ has closed down the academy aren't they?.

Then blame the board, they make the decisions GJ i'm sure wasn't the only manager out of work at the time and if they believed his demands were wrong they should have had the balls to say no, GJ has asked for what he believed was right for him, but they had the ultimate sanction 2 letters NO.

You make it sound as likely as Tony Blair winning GQ's philanthropist of the year award, I mean people who make that decision would never do that would they, just imagine the hilarity and outcry?.

PS:- I do need to ask this Bill, the board are aware that GJ has closed down the academy aren't they?.

I blame him and the board for the short term planning, they were both more than happy to do it.

Coming home to roost now it seems.

But of course I forgot, no one is allowed to criticise GJ on here are they.

I blame him and the board for the short term planning, they were both more than happy to do it.

Coming home to roost now it seems.

But of course I forgot, no one is allowed to criticise GJ on here are they.

of course you can criticise anybody you want, but you make it sound as though GJ shut it down and didn't mention it to the board and that they have just found out, only they have the authority to close it down, even Chelsea said no Mourhino once, it sounds to me like the Yeovil board are gutless and just like the gas board they will have to eventually accept that they made all of the ill judged decisions that were put to them by their manager and that has a familiar ring to it doesn't it.

I'm not agreeing it at all but I kind of understand how managers like Gary J work. They thrive on short term success and just enjoy the moment. Short term gain for long term pain, but that of course is never their problem.

Of course they are more interested in having the money to spend now rather than reaping the benefits of an academy or youth team, by the time players develop the manager will be long gone.

My gut feeling is that Gary has once again found he has taken the club as far as he can. Maybe he fancies one last shot at a more ambitious job. The thing is though I think one day Yeovil will take him back yet again, if he does leave.

I like Yeovil and I like GJ, but they can't seem to stay together for long, but both need each other too.

• Admin

of course you can criticise anybody you want, but you make it sound as though GJ shut it down and didn't mention it to the board and that they have just found out, only they have the authority to close it down, even Chelsea said no Mourhino once, it sounds to me like the Yeovil board are gutless and just like the gas board they will have to eventually accept that they made all of the ill judged decisions that were put to them by their manager and that has a familiar ring to it doesn't it.

Maybe the Yeovil board have the guts to say "No" to GJ?

You are joking?

Johnson would last less long than Clough did at Leeds.

To much of a bully boy to handle top players.

Concentrate on getting yourself well RR and let it go and let the bullied players who went back to play for GJ a 2nd and in some cases a 3rd time (and there is a reasonably long list) worry about that.

But your 2nd sentence goes without saying, at the moment with the fit and proper owner of Leeds nobody is going to last very long, I suspect you wouldn't even get good odds on it.

Concentrate on getting yourself well RR.

But your 2nd sentence goes without saying, at the moment with the fit and proper owner of Leeds nobody is going to last very long, I

Not being able to express my opinion on Johnson would hinder my recovery.

That said, I am recovering albeit very slowly. Can't hurry healing and all that. Still can't see well enough yet to drive though. Real bummer living in the sticks as I do.

Some quotes from yeovil fans, seeing Johnson for what he really is.

'Johnson doing what he accused madden & others doing,not getting what they want and throwing a tantrum,gone by early next week I reckon'

'The thing I don't understand about this whole GJ saga is that if one of his players acted like this they would be long gone! He has over spent with no one to blame but himself. Just because he wasn't allowed to sign another loaner he throws his toys out the pram. How about deal with the players YOU signed, work with what you have and take some responsibility'

' The way I look at it is if a player did what 'King Gary' done then he'd be out on his arse. His egos huge and he acts like a baby'

I'm not agreeing it at all but I kind of understand how managers like Gary J work. They thrive on short term success and just enjoy the moment. Short term gain for long term pain, but that of course is never their problem.

Of course they are more interested in having the money to spend now rather than reaping the benefits of an academy or youth team, by the time players develop the manager will be long gone.

My gut feeling is that Gary has once again found he has taken the club as far as he can. Maybe he fancies one last shot at a more ambitious job. The thing is though I think one day Yeovil will take him back yet again, if he does leave.

I like Yeovil and I like GJ, but they can't seem to stay together for long, but both need each other too.

I think you're right here. Success can be achieved on a budget by finding the right players and motivating them, but it's very hard to sustain it. This is why we so often see the baffling call for "Give <X> a go as manager; he did brilliantly at <smaller club> with no money" followed by the manager completely failing to repeat the trick.

For a small club like Yeovil to succeed they have to either invest in long term youth development, which leaves the club vulnerable in the short term, or try to find new bargains each season to replace those that left, which can bring instant results but is hard to repeat.

It's easy to stand back and say "the only sensible approach is to invest in the future" but what's the point in that if short term failure causes a drop in crowds and possibly a relegation? Short term managers have their place, particularly when it comes to turning round a struggling club.

The trick, as I've said before, is knowing when and how to transition from a Gary Johnson (or, potentially, a Steve Cotterill) to a Sean O'Driscoll type who can develop players and build a club but cannot necessarily turn a struggling team around.

You are joking?

Johnson would last less long than Clough did at Leeds.

To much of a bully boy to handle top players.

I keep seeing this bully stuff being spouted yet I've lost count of the number of former players who have gone back to play for him again.

They can't all be gluttons for punishment, surely?

Archived