IGNORED

How I'd Pack The Gate

Welcome To The Jungle

Hey fair play for putting the thought and creativeness into this.

This all makes sense from a ticket buyers perspective but I am not sure it does from a business perspective.

The crucial flaw with discounts, price drops and freebees is that they need to be taken up as incremental trade rather than just giving away margin to those who are already buying.

For example discounted away travel for bulk buying in advance would be grabbed by both hands by those who already travel every other week on CATS but I don't believe it would persuade enough new travellers to cover the revenue lost from the first group now that they pay less.

Boosting income is always a challenge but dropping prices can backfire and simply dilute overall income. Hence the focus tends to be on cutting costs which is less of a gamble provided service does not collapse in the process.

I like the ideas on new customers though, particularly for schools and students. With a lot of empty seats to fill and very little existing customer base in these segments, this does not carry the same flaw of reducing existing income.

Might be interesting to compare our existing customer base by existing employer. If numbers were low in say the health service or Rolls Royce, an offer could be made via that employers HR department.

Other database insight might help identify profitable targetted offers - identify dormant customers and offer discount incentive to come back, or look at pay as you go customers by tickets bought per season and offer a reward for purchasing a slightly higher volume within a given period. This sort of targetted approach is more complicated but a lot more profitable than 'open to all' offers.

Of course offers 'by invitation only' need to avoid generating resentment from existing customers - the group you rightly point out to be of top importance.

Id pack the Gate by actually showing the club exists. Unless your a City fan the clubs activities barely register in Bristol unless its a negative Evil Post headline.

outside the top 6 in the prem (and man u) the same could be said about every club in this country,

take the BCCT alot of our fans are still unaware of the amount of stuff they actually do,

Anyway i'm sure if some really good ideas I'm sure Dave Lloyd will present them to the powers that be,

I'm with kermit on this one. I was a united fan for 15 years (from Gloucester - so obviously a united fan), then worked at city while I was a uwe student and followed them after Uni, taking my brothers a couple of times a year to watch some football each season, as united is too far and pretty expensive.

Season we stayed up with a couple of games left was when I binned off united and now follow city, as well as my two brothers. Try and go to at least 3 homes games and as many London away games as I can (live there now), plus will buy a home shirt each season and will get a season ticket when hopefully I move back west in a couple of years. I know a fair few mates who've followed their local Uni team once they've left, so definitely worth some focus.

Also - think the key is getting people to the ground for a decent time before and after. Not just families either. At glos rugby they'll have a band on, decent ales and ciders, with some pre and post game deals. Think Brighton do similar. Get aome decent food stalls down there and people would stay and put more money into the club.

I tweeted Kev Smith whilst he was at the club suggesting that we buy more advertising hoardings around Bristol - I'm pretty sure the only one we have is the one just outside the Atyeo at Ashton Gate - hardly going to convert any potential new fans from there, as they'll most likely already be going to the games!

Instead you see numerous Sky Sports/BT Sport adverts around Bristol - we need to advertise the actual matchday experience to the thousands that would prefer to watch Liverpool, Utd and Chelsea on Sky.

I was told that it would simply cost too much, but it'd probably be the best time to attempt to advertise more across Bristol over the next few years with the redevelopment happening.

That, and the obvious reduction of ticket prices.

I tweeted Kev Smith whilst he was at the club suggesting that we buy more advertising hoardings around Bristol - I'm pretty sure the only one we have is the one just outside the Atyeo at Ashton Gate - hardly going to convert any potential new fans from there, as they'll most likely already be going to the games!

Instead you see numerous Sky Sports/BT Sport adverts around Bristol - we need to advertise the actual matchday experience to the thousands that would prefer to watch Liverpool, Utd and Chelsea on Sky.

I was told that it would simply cost too much, but it'd probably be the best time to attempt to advertise more across Bristol over the next few years with the redevelopment happening.

That type of advertising is incredibly expensive and often very ineffective depending on the product. It's not like a desirable piece of technology that already has high demand.

Unfortunately the only way to 'sell' the match day experience really is to experience it. I imagine the majority of us were 'subjected' to City games from an age where we couldn't make those kind of decisions for ourselves, and that's what cemented our allegiance - for better or worse!

Things like the low cost of children's season tickets is excellent, as it means families/parents who go anyway can share the experience with their kids without breaking the bank.

Unfortunately the only guaranteed way to get the attendances up is to be successful on the pitch. Off the pitch success normally accompanies it.

Everyone seems to think it's the other way round.

Building a 30,000 seater stadium doesn't make you more successful on the pitch, but being more successful on the pitch will certainly help you fill a 30,000 seater stadium!

Not just billboards. Why not have little a3 leaflets knocked up to sit amongst the others you see in pubs and clubs.

hand out flyers in broadmead ect. It cant cost THAT much seeing as small nightclubs and bars can do it.

Again it's a very niche product appealing to only a small minority in truth.

I can't imagine any print advertising being particularly effective. I can't see many people choosing to support a football team on a whim because they saw them on a flyer. O

k you might get a couple who think 'hmmm maybe I'll watch a game for a change' and then get hooked, but I see it as quite unlikely.

Kevin Smith was also tweeted regarding the banner drop off the Tobacco Factory, and the club was made aware of ideas such as Support your local club. The replies are still being waited for.

It is possible to use local businesses to advertise the club like fans have. Art, flags, hoardings, posters etc a can be housed on local premises. It is hardly costly. Fans have funded it - http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/158054-support-your-local-football-club/

BCFC lack the will and passion.

Kevin Smith was also tweeted regarding the banner drop off the Tobacco Factory, and the club was made aware of ideas such as Support your local club. The replies are still being waited for.

It is possible to use local businesses to advertise the club like fans have. Art, flags, hoardings, posters etc a can be housed on local premises. It is hardly costly. Fans have funded it - http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/158054-support-your-local-football-club/

BCFC lack the will and passion.

This would make sense. Also if a billboard somewhere in the city centre can be hired stating, I dunno, tickets from x amount (after a reduction in prices) then people would most likely have there head turned and mention it at the dinner table or something.

Do we not have one of the cheaper tickets in League 1 already, despite having among the biggest playing budgets, and expectation of watching successful football?

But 50 quid a family ticket? Hardly worth it for an afternoon out watching two halves of football. We need more for our money. I think I can just about scrape enough money to watch city vs S****horpe this weekend, and a good reason I am seeing this game instead of others on such a limited budget is because there is a slightly better chance that we will outplay them and I might get my money's worth. I would have hated to payed the full adult price when we got throttled 6-0 against Cardiff! It was 32 quid POTD if I remember rightly.

But 50 quid a family ticket? Hardly worth it for an afternoon out watching two halves of football. We need more for our money. I think I can just about scrape enough money to watch city vs S****horpe this weekend, and a good reason I am seeing this game instead of others on such a limited budget is because there is a slightly better chance that we will outplay them and I might get my money's worth. I would have hated to payed the full adult price when we got throttled 6-0 against Cardiff! It was 32 quid POTD if I remember rightly.

To be fair on a pounds per goal basis, it was exceptional value for money. I also came away with 47 programmes!

This would make sense. Also if a billboard somewhere in the city centre can be hired stating, I dunno, tickets from x amount (after a reduction in prices) then people would most likely have there head turned and mention it at the dinner table or something.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/148855-scott-murray-taking-over-the-tobacco-factory/

One of WTMS efforts. It was easy to do and arrange.

WTMS has also got BCFC related images into bars, pubs and galleries. That was easy too.

There is an opportunity all around Bristol the club are ignoring. If fans can do it for next to nothing it can only mean the club don't because of apathy.

Archived