IGNORED

How I'd Pack The Gate

Welcome To The Jungle

Of course lowering ticket prices works, but the club need to be able to afford to do it. Also, it doesn't really attract new people, just the same ones who will be paying less, plus others who don't have the expendable income to attend regularly anyway.

Using the database of existing customers to promote the product to others via an incentive is far more effective than costly advertising campaigns which largely fall on deaf ears.

Football clubs already get valuable free advertising via the press & media, which when results are good will attract people in anyway.

Getting the existing fans to encourage them to actually come along is the most effective promotion available.

Good points well made. I thought I'd throw the Fulham / Sarries campaigns out there to see what anyone thought.

I could've qualified it, by adding that these ads were in hugely populated London and both came at times when the respective clubs were doing well.

Can't see a tube ad attracting many to Craven Cottage now...

Good points well made. I thought I'd throw the Fulham / Sarries campaigns out there to see what anyone thought.

I could've qualified it, by adding that these ads were in hugely populated London and both came at times when the respective clubs were doing well.

Can't see a tube ad attracting many to Craven Cottage now...

Very much my point. An example.....

Is they guy to banter with about football at work, or in the pub, or in the family, who has an interest in football but rarely actually goes..... Is he more likely to attend because he sees an advert in a paper or on a billboard, or because you invite him along, with you and your mates on a free ticket at first and then you encourage him to come again if he likes it. If he gets "the bug" he may even then get a season ticket, for which you receive a referral "bonus" for because you got him there..?

No actual cash outlay for the club, just a "thank you budget" for those who bring in new fans. Win win all round..!

I think this thread shows why most/all of you don't work in marketing or run football clubs!

Blindly slashing prices is not the answer, nor is handing out flyers to our non target market.

IMO, the best way, when we have plenty of spare seats is to really push the bring a friend offer for season ticket holders.

It is an extra perk to buying a season ticket, it encourages passionate people to promote their club to potential prime target market and one of the biggest attractions to watching football is the social side if it, so going with friends enhances the experience.

If ever season ticket holder brought a friend to a game or two, it would give us a near 20k attendance, leaving plenty for POTD.

Another idea might be a refferal saving on your season ticket, for ever new STH that you introduce. Get the people to actually care care about the club, promoting it to people that they know might be interested.

Do you work in Marketing?

The partner of a person involved in WTMS does and her accounts involve major high street brands.

Handing out flyers, posters, stickers using the clubs identity assets within its community would increase the clubs reach and help to get it seen. Very few bands do not advertise themselves consistently.

The last line of your post ... Get the people to actually care care about the club, promoting it to people that they know might be interested ... That can apply to Bristol City's local community. Use local businesses to promote BCFC. Many of these businesses ran by fans will help out if contacted.

I think this thread shows why most/all of you don't work in marketing or run football clubs!

Blindly slashing prices is not the answer, nor is handing out flyers to our non target market.

IMO, the best way, when we have plenty of spare seats is to really push the bring a friend offer for season ticket holders.

It is an extra perk to buying a season ticket, it encourages passionate people to promote their club to potential prime target market and one of the biggest attractions to watching football is the social side if it, so going with friends enhances the experience.

If ever season ticket holder brought a friend to a game or two, it would give us a near 20k attendance, leaving plenty for POTD.

Another idea might be a refferal saving on your season ticket, for ever new STH that you introduce. Get the people to actually care care about the club, promoting it to people that they know might be interested.

How do the Club know when there are going to be plenty of spare seats in time to advertise?

Plus, who wants to bring a friend as a season ticket holder and not be able to sit with them.

The only way to get more people in, is to make potd easy and affordable.

I know many people who would like to go and watch City, but often don't know whether they have the time available, because of family commitments. Often a decision being made on the morning of the match.

You should be able to just rock up on the day of the game, every game, pay cash and not have to line up for ages to buy a ticket.

Only in this day and age...where technology is meant to make life easier, does it make it more hassle...

How do the Club know when there are going to be plenty of spare seats in time to advertise?

Plus, who wants to bring a friend as a season ticket holder and not be able to sit with them.

I know many people who would like to go and watch City, but often don't know whether they have the time available, because of family commitments. Often a decision being made on the morning of the match.

You should be able to just rock up on the day of the game, every game, pay cash and not have to line up for ages to buy a ticket.

Only in this day and age...where technology is meant to make life easier, does it make it more hassle...

Edit: City's use of technology makes it more hassle. There are clubs which allow mobile ticketing eg buy ticket in a couple of minutes maximum (which can be done when sitting on public transport for example), then scan a QR on the screen when going through the turnstiles. This can be done for flights, trains and other sports events so why not Bristol Sport!

Edit: City's use of technology makes it more hassle. There are clubs which allow mobile ticketing eg buy ticket in a couple of minutes maximum (which can be done when sitting on public transport for example), then scan a QR on the screen when going through the turnstiles. This can be done for flights, trains and other sports events so why not Bristol Sport!

maybe because they are waiting for an extensive re-build of ashton gate to be complete before anything is implemented

A valid point.

For several weeks, I have known that I would be coming back to Bristol soonish for a long weekend. I was 75% sure it was going to be this weekend (so S****horpe), but this has now been cancelled and it now seems likely to be the following weekend (so Doncaster).

But that may yet change.

I am loathe to purchase on line when there is no guarantee I shall be there and POTD appears to be hopeless with no guarantee I shall be able to get two seats together.

I know that, due to stadium works, this season is somewhat exceptional, but where is the incentive from the club?

• Admin

I decided to give online ticketing another go for this weekend's game given I hadn't used it for 2 years as it wasn't very good. All going well until I wanted to pay:

-couldn't create an account as my email address already had one.

-couldn't login as my email address wasn't recognised.

-the only "help" link was to resend password so did that and 2 hours later I am still awaiting the email the system said it had sent me.

I could have gone digging further through the website looking for a phone number to ring but I decided to give up as it was annoying me and I will try again in another couple of years to see if it is any better.

In my case I was committed enough to going, to visit AG instead and buy in person but to a floating fan who encountered similar issues I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up. We need to make sure systems work and if they don't that it is easy to get around first before we start looking to increase numbers (and we have 2 seasons of reduced capacity to get this right).

If any club officials do read this thread a simple solution for anyone else experiencing login issues as I did would be to include the ticket office's phone number & email address on that page to reduce the chances of them saying sod it.

Archived