IGNORED

How I'd Pack The Gate

Welcome To The Jungle

Being a student I agree wholeheartedly. But ive had a season ticket the last 3 years for 235 in the wedlock/williams. Affordable surely?!

But that's one part of the ground, what about when that allocation sells out? Students don't arrive in Bristol til around about now when a couple of games have passed. It's all just a bit frustrating

This would make sense. Also if a billboard somewhere in the city centre can be hired stating, I dunno, tickets from x amount (after a reduction in prices) then people would most likely have there head turned and mention it at the dinner table or something.

Sadly i think a permanent billboard site would only encourage unwanted graffitti from the

equine bashing morons, but how about a couple of tow along ad hoardings that could be driven around or parked at prime locations around our fair city to encourage people to attend a home fixture,

one parked outside of UWE would put a few bums on seats if the dosh was right !

Regarding the OP I think that Bristol CC, BCFC and network rail should get together in regards of getting the old rail link, with a new Ashton Gate Station, it's not rocket science and I know it'd greatly improve the travelling experience of both those living in Bristol and us exiles.

If we ever get near attendances 27,000 transport is going to be a major issue unless something is done, especially as the parking zones are only likely to become more onerous.

Therefore the club (or rather Bristol sport as all issues also affect the rugby and any other events at Ashton gate) should be doing all they can to support the reopening of a railway at Ashton gate. They should also support increased bus networks and ensure they are well advertised by the club, for example the club makes no reference to the dedicated football buses run by A-bus!

Consider what would genuinely convince you to buy a ticket for a club or sport you do not currently have a passion for.

Would fliers, billboard posters and a pre event band persuade you to go to watch Bristol Rugby, Gloucester cricket, Bristol Academy LFC or Bristol Flyers? If not what would?

Yep free tickets helps but that doesn't raise any money and it hasn't convinced to go again at full rates.

Consider what would genuinely convince you to buy a ticket for a club or sport you do not currently have a passion for.

Would fliers, billboard posters and a pre event band persuade you to go to watch Bristol Rugby, Gloucester cricket, Bristol Academy LFC or Bristol Flyers? If not what would?

Yep free tickets helps but that doesn't raise any money and it hasn't convinced to go again at full rates.

In the future I can see more cross Bristol sport ticket deals. Already Bristol city get a free ticket for the rugby and free entrance to all Bristol academy games, with Bristol rugby fans getting free tickets to watch us.

Get the product right - we're seemingly getting there, the service spot on - massive FAIL, then start thinking about attracting new custom.

Advance ticketing and POTD arrangements are a joke. We can't get the basics right. Until we do, attracting new customers is likely to do more harm than good as they won't want repeat experiences of our abysmal services. Most will never return. This has nothing to do with the current redevelopment, just 'head in the sand' administration.

Get POTD turnstiles and pay in advance ticket printing capability. Simples.

Get the product right - we're seemingly getting there, the service spot on - massive FAIL, then start thinking about attracting new custom.

Advance ticketing and POTD arrangements are a joke. We can't get the basics right. Until we do, attracting new customers is likely to do more harm than good as they won't want repeat experiences of our abysmal services. Most will never return. This has nothing to do with the current redevelopment, just 'head in the sand' administration.

Get POTD turnstiles and pay in advance ticket printing capability. Simples.

Even FGR have print at home so why we can't I don't know. Some clubs are going one step further and having tickets on a mobile app to make it even easier.

If we ever get near attendances 27,000 transport is going to be a major issue unless something is done, especially as the parking zones are only likely to become more onerous.

Therefore the club (or rather Bristol sport as all issues also affect the rugby and any other events at Ashton gate) should be doing all they can to support the reopening of a railway at Ashton gate. They should also support increased bus networks and ensure they are well advertised by the club, for example the club makes no reference to the dedicated football buses run by A-bus!

Agree absolutely with this post. If City are ever to become a "big" and well attended club, then we've got to be looking at becoming the regional club that attracts (and recovers) supporters from neighbouring towns and counties. The key to this is making Ashton Gate much more accessible than it now is, with a poor public transport infrastructure and a frustrating poor road network: it sometimes takes two or more hours to drive in to AG from West Wiltshire for evening matches - then it's a real battle to find a place to park. The club has started the process of working with public transport providers, but needs to redouble its efforts in order to attract all that potential support from outside Bristol.

Didn't realised there wasn't a student price anymore. With a student population the size of Bristol's that's a real opportunity missed to increase the fan base.

When I was at Swansea Uni 10 years ago, I went to the Vetch most weeks for a fiver. Admittedly it was bottom-end-of-League-2 crap, but as well as the fiver they got themselves a lifelong fan who has since paid much bigger sums to watch them in a four divisions. And I got my football fix while I was living 100 miles from Ashton Gate.

There must be hundreds of football fans at uni in Bristol who would be there every week if the price was reasonable for them. Just the sort of market the club should be tapping into, particularly now there is no alternative!

When they did cater for students they barely sold any and the system was removed because of that and that it was being abused

Regarding the OP I think that Bristol CC, BCFC and network rail should get together in regards of getting the old rail link, with a new Ashton Gate Station, it's not rocket science and I know it'd greatly improve the travelling experience of both those living in Bristol and us exiles.

Supposed to come with the Portishead line, I think. So a few years to wait.

It is not just the station but a complete track upgrade too.

Not cheap & certainly not economic just to AG.

I think this thread shows why most/all of you don't work in marketing or run football clubs!

Blindly slashing prices is not the answer, nor is handing out flyers to our non target market.

IMO, the best way, when we have plenty of spare seats is to really push the bring a friend offer for season ticket holders.

It is an extra perk to buying a season ticket, it encourages passionate people to promote their club to potential prime target market and one of the biggest attractions to watching football is the social side if it, so going with friends enhances the experience.

If ever season ticket holder brought a friend to a game or two, it would give us a near 20k attendance, leaving plenty for POTD.

Another idea might be a refferal saving on your season ticket, for ever new STH that you introduce. Get the people to actually care care about the club, promoting it to people that they know might be interested.

Archived