IGNORED

Korey Smith And The Scout

Marina's Rolls Royce

Clearly a different scout as the one sitting next to me was not wearing any kit/colours. He looked like an ex pro footballer- like a Marvin/ smaller Jet. The only other thing he wrote down was "Frank Fielding- good feet"- whatever that means. He left 10 mins before FT.

I thought you said you were in the Williams. Sounds more like he was in the Dolman

There are two types of scouts... Ones looking at potential buys, and others who do match analysis on teams and individual players.

There are scouts at every game...nothing new here.

I sit in the Williams and the same scouts seem to attend most games, ex Everton player Warren Aspinall is one of them, you can tell who they are because they always leave with 15 minutes to go.

Would like to know exactly what they do & how the process works.

Perhaps they compile dossiers on the way City play and sell the report to upcoming opponents.

I sit in the Williams and the same scouts seem to attend most games, ex Everton player Warren Aspinall is one of them, you can tell who they are because they always leave with 15 minutes to go.

Perhaps they compile dossiers on the way City play and sell the report to upcoming opponents.

There are different types of Scouting. A lot have Clubs have regional Scouts...hence why you see the same ones.

They can either be Scouting an Individual or how a team plays.

The majority 'work' for a Club, but there are some that work for agency's.

They will Scout junior football as well as first team games...and everything in between.

Most have a strong network of people they can talk too, who can give a heads up to any potential 'star'.

The majority are very poorly paid...if paid at all. Expenses if you're lucky and free entry to games...it really is a job of love.

Most have full or part time jobs elsewhere.

You can tell when a Scout is watching a team...they will watch the game.

If watching a player...they won't take their eyes of him the whole game...they are watching for every reaction, strength and weakness.

I've compiled reports myself in the past for individual players...all unpaid, free entry only. All non league under 22's.

The one's I know and associate with, are all very passionate about the game, and do it for the love of the game or their Club.

The entire Dolman stand??

Archived