IGNORED

Korey Smith And The Scout

Marina's Rolls Royce

I happened to be sitting next to a football scout ( Williams Stand- front row B block upper) who was at BS3 to watch Korey.

He made loads of notes most of which I could read and he was clearly very impressed with what he saw.

His last note was  KS " loves getting a good ________".  I couldn't read the last word so was hoping someone could guess what it could be?

I happened to be sitting next to a football scout ( Williams Stand- front row B block upper) who was at BS3 to watch Korey.

He made loads of notes most of which I could read and he was clearly very impressed with what he saw.

His last note was KS " loves getting a good ________". I couldn't read the last word so was hoping someone could guess what it could be?

KS loves getting a good lie in on a quiet Sunday.

His last note was  KS " loves getting a good ________".  I couldn't read the last word so was hoping someone could guess what it could be?

Pizza?

Was it this guy?

Roy-Hodgson.jpg

If not, then you should have told this 'scout' to get on the blower...

Could be plenty of reasons for his being there. Could be our board getting a report see how he's doing, the management for another perspective on his game and if he is used right, his agent for his portfolio or how he's settling.

Hmmm we must have been near each other as I saw him too, only thing to note is he was wearing Chesterfield gear!

We are playing them soon.

Clearly a different scout as the one sitting next to me was not wearing any kit/colours. He looked like an ex pro footballer- like a Marvin/ smaller Jet. The only other thing he wrote down was "Frank Fielding- good feet"- whatever that means. He left 10 mins before FT.

I think teams will suss out that we always go back to Frankie's "good feet" when we have the ball at the back, they'll start pressing the ball, but then Frankie always looks unflustered ...... :whistle:

The comment about our board wanting a report on how Korey is doing seems a bit bizarre since they should all be sat in the comfy seats seeing for themselves?

Korey Smith was brilliant again yesterday, I expect any scout doing a report will see him as a key player that their team will have to try to deal with.

His last note was KS " loves getting a good ________". I couldn't read the last word so was hoping someone could guess what it could be?

Is the answer "stupid question"?

There are two types of scouts... Ones looking at potential buys, and others who do match analysis on teams and individual players.

There are scouts at every game...nothing new here.

I've often wondered if they get in for free? Does one club call another and tell that that a scout will be attending and to have a ticket ready for collection?

I've often wondered if they get in for free? Does one club call another and tell that that a scout will be attending and to have a ticket ready for collection?

Imagine a scout report from a City game usually reads "Player X was decent enough, from my vantage point of the pay on the day queue where I spent the ninety minutes."

Ray White, on 07 Sept 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Yes... you phone or email the Club you wish to attend, and tell them who you represent, and what game you want to attend. You pick your ticket up at reception or ticket office. Generally you will have some form of identification with you, although most Clubs get to know your face.

Archived