IGNORED

Oscar Borg

riddlesdown red

The OP made a perfectly reasonable suggestion - far more sensible than many. Posts like yours are the sort that make most of us despair of the forum.

What is your problem?

People like you.

It's a forum, it's a place to have a laugh and a joke, if the OP is serious then great, contact the club, it's just that maybe, just maybe, our PROFESSIONAL scouting network know a little more, maybe not, maybe he will be the next Ashley Cole however Sir Alex didn't think so, personally I hope the kid gets a break IF he's good enough.

Oh........and when do YOU decide who "most of us" is.

For now, I suggest you use the IGNORE button next to my name or p.m me any further beef you may have with me or my posts as YOU, do not represent MOST.

Night night Irene xxx

People like you.

It's a forum, it's a place to have a laugh and a joke, if the OP is serious then great, contact the club, it's just that maybe, just maybe, our PROFESSIONAL scouting network know a little more, maybe not, maybe he will be the next Ashley Cole however Sir Alex didn't think so, personally I hope the kid gets a break IF he's good enough.

Oh........and when do YOU decide who "most of us" is.

For now, I suggest you use the IGNORE button next to my name or p.m me any further beef you may have with me or my posts as YOU, do not represent MOST.

Night night Irene xxx

As you can tell from the OPs response, your  "laugh and a joke" came across as venomous and unpleasant, as I'm sure it was intended to be.. Your response above would have been fine. Don't see why I should pm you - your public attack deserves a public response. And I don't "ignore" anyone - that defeats the object of a forum. I suppose the Irene reference suggests anyone who doesn't share your views must be a gashead? Thought so - egomaniac.

• Admin

To me, if the lad was any good he will be snapped up by someone.

Intrigued why he didn't want to move then suddenly did, would query the fee paid, thought the nominal fee at that age was less than that ?

I did find "He went to my son,s school and is a good catholic boy so attitude and manners are not in question" rather odd, like that has any bearing on whether he can play football or not.

Being serious, if the OP believes this player to be the next great thing - don't post it on here, email the club !!

To me, if the lad was any good he will be snapped up by someone.

Intrigued why he didn't want to move then suddenly did, would query the fee paid, thought the nominal fee at that age was less than that ?

I did find "He went to my son,s school and is a good catholic boy so attitude and manners are not in question" rather odd, like that has any bearing on whether he can play football or not.

Being serious, if the OP believes this player to be the next great thing - don't post it on here, email the club !!

As if that's a recommendation! Many people view catholicism in a very negative light.

As if that's a recommendation! Many people view catholicism in a very negative light.

It's just meant to show he's of good character - something the club would prefer, surely?

Various comments on the thread (esp executedwolf) are verging on unpleasant sectarianism.

His religion is immaterial, and I'm not interested in other OTIBers views on Catholicism (for what it's worth, I'm an atheist, so don't have any agenda beyond being anti racist etc).

It's just meant to show he's of good character - something the club would prefer, surely?

Various comments on the thread (esp executedwolf) are verging on unpleasant sectarianism.

His religion is immaterial, and I'm not interested in other OTIBers views on Catholicism (for what it's worth, I'm an atheist, so don't have any agenda beyond being anti racist etc).

I agree his religion is immaterial and I too am an atheist, but the OP brought it into the debate to show it must mean he's of 'good character', as you say.

I don't accept that being a catholic makes you a 'good character'.

I agree his religion is immaterial and I too am an atheist, but the OP brought it into the debate to show it must mean he's of 'good character', as you say.

I don't accept that being a catholic makes you a 'good character'.

Certainly wasn't the case for Hitler or Jimmy Savile!

People have jumped all over the fact that I mentioned he went to a catholic school and he is a good lad and a straight A student. That was the only point I was making and people seem to go out of their way to try and pick fault or take it to a different dimension. Anyway keep a look out for his name in the future I think he could be a top player if lucky.

In relation to my immediate future with this forum this will be my last ever post as re reading this thread leaves me somewhat disappointed. I appreciate leveller showing some support.

People have jumped all over the fact that I mentioned he went to a catholic school and he is a good lad and a straight A student. That was the only point I was making and people seem to go out of their way to try and pick fault or take it to a different dimension. Anyway keep a look out for his name in the future I think he could be a top player if lucky.

In relation to my immediate future with this forum this will be my last ever post as re reading this thread leaves me somewhat disappointed. I appreciate leveller showing some support.

It certainly wasn't my intention to do anything other than have a bit of fun.

To describe a kid as a "good Catholic boy" is a bit unusual, outside of Ireland or Glasgow, but I think it's clear that you just meant he was a nice lad.

Don't read too much into replies that either joke about or express surprise at the wording of your original post. I don't see any malicious intent.

It certainly wasn't my intention to do anything other than have a bit of fun.

To describe a kid as a "good Catholic boy" is a bit unusual, outside of Ireland or Glasgow, but I think it's clear that you just meant he was a nice lad.

Don't read too much into replies that either joke about or express surprise at the wording of your original post. I don't see any malicious intent.

Don't have fun, it's banned, everything here must be serious!,,,,,,

Very surprised by some of the comments to my original post. I referenced him being a god catholic boy to negate any suggestions leaving man utd after only a couple of months had something to do with his personality or lifestyle traits which some young footballers posses. If you take time to google the player or watch the link will see this lad is a quality player so do not quite understand anyone who rubbished the original post with their own. I.e (execute wolf) was that suppose to be humour.

No doubt there will now be a long list of jokes based on googling a player. Who said carry on was dead.

i thought only catholic priests knew if they were good catholic boys!

No my comments aren't at all, they are all in jest, you are drawing a conclusion from my loathing of Celtic in my signature and my "no surrender" views, ps I married a catholic, grew up on a catholic estate.

Keep on judging, it's keep my huge EGO amused.

You assume to much chap/chapette.

Nothing venomous or unpleasant meant to the op or anyone on here, yourself included, it's a cyber forum!!!!!!

Part of my post was based on a true story, we had a kid arrive in school, he was really smiley, terrible English, lovely "kid" but they placed him in my year at school, at the time I was 14 and a decent player for the school team, blah blah blah anyway "Tyrone" could play, he was about 6 4" and muscular, he literally won us the league at a canter, 3 weeks into my 15th birthday and Tyrone was never seen at school again, turns out he was 24!

Anyway that was the basis of the post.

In reality I will stick to my guns and say there's probably a footballing reason the kid hasn't made it, which was my point.

As for the Irene bit, purely tongue in cheek, as we're the kisses o in the same way as you re suggesting I'm calling you a gas head, are you saying I want to kiss you 3 times.

As for suggesting taking it to PM, I'd be able to have a proper debate and maybe give you an insight into my humour, a reason why you probably don't get it.

Im going o pM you now in fact.

Archived