IGNORED

Yesterday At Ashton Gate

ironbrunet

I personally think they should sell tickets to away fans on the day of the match BUT they didn't sell their allocation and were also told 'no pay on the day'!

Is it really that difficult?

Ashton Gate is being redeveloped, there are barely enough seats for home fans....

I personally think they should sell tickets to away fans on the day of the match BUT they didn't sell their allocation and were also told 'no pay on the day'!

He said pay on the day was available didn't he?

I genuinely feel for them but it is a life lesson, maybe they should plan better in future? I'm a little upset that they let you in.

Reading the article it does seem we've had a bit of a nightmare. I'm pretty sure that there will be no PoTD for away fans this season due to redevelopment. I wouldn't travel that far without being sure I was going to get in though.

I genuinely feel for them but it is a life lesson, maybe they should plan better in future? I'm a little upset that they let you in.

Reading the article it does seem we've had a bit of a nightmare. I'm pretty sure that there will be no PoTD for away fans this season due to redevelopment. I wouldn't travel that far without being sure I was going to get in though.

I agree, I think people who pay on the day have a screw lose - unless of course you're going at the last minute. But who goes on a 200 mile trip at the last minute?

It's still pretty bad that they got messed around like that though. I'd be very angry if this happened to me.

Ashton Gate is being redeveloped, there are barely enough seats for home fans....

Is it really that difficult for BCFC to sort out the pathetic scanning problems? Individually hand scanning season cards at the turnstiles just causes more queues. The e-ticket issue is now over a year old. 

Of course there's going to be a certain amount of disruption during the rebuild but surely the club could have at least got the technology working.

As for Ironbrunet's problem- due to our record in ticket sales- I tend to believe he's got a valid gripe.  

The atmosphere is always better with a decent away crowd and the club should make it an easy an enjoyable experience - even if most are going to go home disappointed with the result.

I don't think BCFC are completely to blame for this. When your (Scunny) website says that you can't pay on the day but that you can pay on the day it tends to be a little, if not totally, misleading. ..... but on reading that I would have rung the club for clarification before travelling 400 miles.

I don't think BCFC are completely to blame for this. When your (Scunny) website says that you can't pay on the day but that you can pay on the day it tends to be a little, if not totally, misleading. ..... but on reading that I would have rung the club for clarification before travelling 400 miles.

Fair point

The issue is that they sold around 100 tickets to away fans on the day, but chose not to sell to others.

They had also told SUFC that we could buy tickets from the ticket office, but no cash entry on the turnstyle (obviously because you have the scanners). We have lots of fans based in London, Wales etc that prefer to pay on the gate rather than order tickets online to collect. Having said that, People who had ordered tickets to collect at Ashton gate weren't able to do so either.

How I see it is there club gave them their club has given them a bit of a mixed message there and I would say it is their f##k but surely City could have sorted something out, after all in the section they had there were still plenty of seats empty, a little common sense now and then goes a long way. Having said that I would still say they are bump ties for travelling without checking first

The issue is that they sold around 100 tickets to away fans on the day, but chose not to sell to others.

They had also told SUFC that we could buy tickets from the ticket office, but no cash entry on the turnstyle (obviously because you have the scanners). We have lots of fans based in London, Wales etc that prefer to pay on the gate rather than order tickets online to collect. Having said that, People who had ordered tickets to collect at Ashton gate weren't able to do so either.

Why?

Oh I see, so a lot of these people without tickets came from London? .... which isn't a 400 mile round trip; you're losing a bit of sympathy now.

Home fans have struggled with the ticketing arrangements too, it has been horrendous at times, but that is what modern football has become.

I miss the days when you could turn up and pay cash on the turnstiles and surge around on over-crowded terraces but sadly those days are long gone. In those days if you didn't get in, you didn't get in; if the steward was being friendly he'd suggest you should go and climb a tree and see what you could of the game from up there.

I hope those Scunny fans found a nice Bristolian pub and sampled the local apples before heading home? Bristol's a great day out, football or not, well worth any trip.

Sounds like another ticketing shambles from BCFC. We have had them every week near enough for the last 3 years, scanners not working, people being let in manually, huge ques due to technical faults etc. Its a complete joke. I feel for the Scunny fans, a long way to come, especially if you have pre ordered a ticket and your told it isn't there! A bit of common sense would have prevailed, the netting could have been moved a long a bit there was space that end of the Atyeo, or maybe even in the section they were given anyhow.

On the issue of common sense there were clearly people in Williams e block yesterday who shouldn't of been, which led to people standing at the BACK of block f, not blocking anyones view, who actually had tickets for the 'standing section', the stewards gave them a hard time about this even though it was due to people without tickets for this section standing in it thus taking up all free space. I also found it hard to find a seat in the area I paid for at the start of may, the club need to sort this as its a complete joke and unfair on those who have paid their money to be in that area.

Anyone with a half brain and who follows L1 football knows that AG is being redeveloped and so is close to capacity each home  game, so if you choose to take a chance on pay on the day...............

The mixed message on the website doesn't help but it does say 'no pay on the day' admission, so if it was me, I would have checked with both clubs.

No. Im just saying we have away fans that do travel to games without tickets for that reason.

The fact people pre ordered and were told the tickets werent there is a joke.

Also Heard BCFC customer service undermining security by telling our fans to buy tickets in home area.

Taking all what you've said at face value (and I'm not doubting you for a minute) it seems to be a case of getting wires crossed, then cut.

Under other circumstances I'd call it a farce, but in reality it's scandalous! I hope at the very least people get their travel/ticket costs reimbursed are compensated for their time and effort.

Just when we seemed to be getting it right off the pitch. I am sure Dave Lloyd will be looking into this first thing on Monday.

An all too familiar story, reading through that article.

"...the stewards didn't seem to know what they were doing..." not half! It's always a shenanigans buying or collecting. The only way you can be sure is if you buy in advance and have them posted to your home.

Sometimes I admit I run the gauntlet with late tickets, but I'd NEVER chance it with an away game, particularly one that was 200 miles away.

Apologies, though to the s****s fans, our club is embarrassing sometimes.

So our club say scunny can't pay on the day so you slag the club off for not letting you pay on the day ....... Seems to be your **** up not ours

The Scunny website doesn't say no pay on the day, it says you don't pay at the gate, which is an ambiguous statement.  It then goes on to say that the tickets can be bought from the ticket office.  Where did Scunny get that information, including pay on the day ticket office prices, if not from BCFC?

Archived