IGNORED

Yesterday At Ashton Gate

ironbrunet

People were showing stewards confirmation emails etc, but their tickets were not at the away end for collection. a steward had around 6 envelopes with tickets for collection, but plenty were missing.

I presume that the missing tickets were ordered from your club and brought down to us to be collected so what your saying is we lost them, not that your club didn't bring them down

Numerous S****horpe fans actually missed the game due to your club deciding not to sell them tickets on the day (they sold me one...) Personally think it is an absolute disgrace after a 400 mile round trip!

http://iron-bru.com/18147/

Saved them from watching the shower of shit that is s****horpe. Next time stay up north with your ferrets and pigeons

Yes good one kevin, you beat our reserves (unconvincingly too I may add).

I was with you until this one. Unconvincingly? Are you sure? We had 65% of the ball, 20 odd shots at goal, 17 corners, to be honest if it wasn't from some poor finishing on our part and some decent shot stopping the game would have been about 5-0. Yes you had 10 minutes in each half when you were pushing and looked on top, but I really don't remember Fielding having a save of note to make, and other than Mcshefferey's ping off the post you didn't really look like scoring. We won comfortably without getting out of third gear if i'm being honest, although I think we will play worse teams this season!

Edit: just seen that your reply was to a moronic post, so apologies for the rant, although I believe my post is still a valid one!

Numerous S****horpe fans actually missed the game due to your club deciding not to sell them tickets on the day (they sold me one...) Personally think it is an absolute disgrace after a 400 mile round trip!

This won't help ... City fans know they are a disgrace ... It almost seems fair they are sharing how crap they are with the away fans.

The scunny websites clearly wrong. The club have comfirmed that they will not be selling tickets to away fans on the day for any game this season, due to the limited capacity. Every game this season is all ticket for away fans. Maybe a mix up in communications.

I must also add that the turnstiles at the home end of the Ateyo seemed to be working fine.

Everyone should know by now that BCFC couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery.

FACT.

So despite the evidence posted by several different people on this thread, you decided to ignore this and have another go at the club.

Some people will take any opportunity to have a go at the club, whether they are in the wrong or not.

FACT.

You seem to be taking some unfair flak from some of our supporters - who would have been moaning like **** on here had it happened the other way round.

So to even it up.

It would seem that Scunny made a misleadingly ambiguous statement on their website (No POTD ... Tickets on day of match cost...").

Mistakes happen.

Scunny are to blame for the initial mistake, but Bristol City are far more culpable for a failure to exercise some common sense and respect towards their "customers".

So despite the evidence posted by several different people on this thread, you decided to ignore this and have another go at the club.

Some people will take any opportunity to have a go at the club, whether they are in the wrong or not.

FACT.

Some more evidence.

There were plenty of emptaahhhh seats in the away end.

There was also a deep sea trawlers dividing and defending the Atyeo from ... Something no sensible chap of this earth will be able to see.

Bristol City sold tickets to away fans for HOME sections.

I might have made the trawlers net bit up ...

But Bristol City ticket sales have been a horses arse covered in ca .. For years.

If BCFC have confirmed there is to be no pay on the day and if they have cleared up the ambiguity that buying a ticket and collecting at the ticket office, both on the day, is also not possible then fair enough.

Someone at City seems to have felt that by selling tickets to around 100 scunny fans on the day, if that info is correct, would be the best way to deal with a potentially rowdy bunch of fans causing a bit of a nuisance outside the ground. i.e. to avoid that prospect. Once they reached a certain number either by discretion or because there were not enough seats left there was always going to be some left without the ability to watch the match.

I would say, therefore, that City employees seem to have taken it upon themselves to try and overcome a potentially tricky situation by using some common sense on the day. So, to recap, if the facts are correct then we should be saluting BCFC not having a pop at them.

I might suggest, however, that the powers that be at BCFC send out an email and a letter, by recorded delivery, to each and every team coming to the Gate this season and make it crystal clear what the policy is. 

• Admin

What evidence?

That SUFC posted misleading info on their website. City's message has been and will remain all season that away tickets for AG will be advance sale only. Scunthorpe muddied the waters by publishing matchday ticket prices after earlier in their article stating tickets had to be purchased in advance.

It would also appear that as Scunthorpe were responsible for selling tickets to their fans that the missing tickets upon arrival was not City's fault either. From past experience with City these tickets go with the team/supporters coach and are available to pick up once this has arrived.

That SUFC posted misleading info on their website. City's message has been and will remain all season that away tickets for AG will be advance sale only. S****horpe muddied the waters by publishing matchday ticket prices after earlier in their article stating tickets had to be purchased in advance.

It would also appear that as S****horpe were responsible for selling tickets to their fans that the missing tickets upon arrival was not City's fault either. From past experience with City these tickets go with the team/supporters coach and are available to pick up once this has arrived.

I don't think that is evidence as we don't know why Scunny put the potd information on their website or where they got that information.  It is feasible that we gave them that information in error

I would be surprised that if BCFC told Scunny that there was no potd, that Scunny would then go seeking out potd prices and info. I assume the prices are the Atyeo home side potd prices.

There is no evidence as to which of Scunny or BCFC made an error, and I expect none will ever be released, so it is difficult to have a go at or defend either club.

This does not appear to have been an issue in previous home games (well, no one has come on our forum to say so), but I also don't understand why Scunny would seek out such information if told there was no potd; clubs saying no potd is hardly an unheard of situation so they must be aware of how to deal with it.

I agree, the lack of tickets for collection would appear to be a Scunny issue.

• Admin

I don't think that is evidence as we don't know why Scunny put the potd information on their website or where they got that information. It is feasible that we gave them that information in error

I would be surprised that if BCFC told Scunny that there was no potd, that Scunny would then go seeking out potd prices and info. I assume the prices are the Atyeo home side potd prices.

There is no evidence as to which of Scunny or BCFC made an error, and I expect none will ever be released, so it is difficult to have a go at or defend either club.

This does not appear to have been an issue in previous home games (well, no one has come on our forum to say so), but I also don't understand why Scunny would seek out such information if told there was no potd; clubs saying no potd is hardly an unheard of situation so they must be aware of how to deal with it.

I agree, the lack of tickets for collection would appear to be a Scunny issue.

The way in read it, it appears Scunny published the matchday prices to show the savings to be had by buying early but created the impression matchday tickets would be available.

Taking all what you've said at face value (and I'm not doubting you for a minute) it seems to be a case of getting wires crossed, then cut.

Under other circumstances I'd call it a farce, but in reality it's scandalous! I hope at the very least people get their travel/ticket costs reimbursed are compensated for their time and effort.

Just when we seemed to be getting it right off the pitch. I am sure Dave Lloyd will be looking into this first thing on Monday.

Actually I'm looking into it now at 10 on a Sunday evening. S****horpe were told that there would be no sales on the day. I was in the office when that phone call was made, but it seems as if there was some misinformation on their website as to the availability of POTD tickets for away fans. We can't be held responsible for that. Regarding what happened on the day, that's something I'll have to look into when I'm back in the office, but having worked all weekend that won't be until Tuesday. I do feel for any Scunny fans who made the long journey and weren't able to get in, and I'll try and get some answers in due course.

Hmmm 'numerous' seems to be about 4 or 5. so lets keep the whole thing in context - given the reduced capacity, unless the on the day system is able to count up how many have been sold in total, I can understand why they might refuse, but common sense should prevail and someone should be able to judge it on the  day. sorry to the fans that didn't get in though.

Its not a suprise to us that the ticketing is still not working properly, but why can't the club get on top of this? we can lay a million pound pitch but cant sell tickets?

It is shambolic down there, i experienced that myself yesterday, being told to queue to pick up rugby tickets pre booked by phone, by a 'here to help' person at the williams, waiting for 15 minutes, then being told i couldn't and I had to go to the other building, that had a queue as long as a long thing. this was despite a chap I know being three places in front of me, being given his tickets!! then one of the Atyeo queues was massive and the steward blamed people for turning up late!! (his exact words were 'aah well, i guess its trial and error ...')

is it the automated systems or the lack of bodies on duty? how do other clubs do it

It's a bit poor, really.

I understand that the Scunny fans should have checked, blah blah but that website was not clear and also - let's be honest - they're hardly public enemy number 1, so would it really matter if they sat with some home fans, say in a nice quiet bit of the Dolman?

Admittedly I've not travelled 200 miles to do it, but I've turned up at Wycombe and Luton amongst others with no ticket and got in 'somewhere'.  As long as you don't look like some extra from "Scum" you should be OK.  Plus there's more likely to be trouble if you don't get in...

Archived