IGNORED

General Ramblings

WTFiGO!?!

Interesting the Rugby guys are having the same problem...From their Forum following yesturdays game.

''The bar service in the Dolman stand was awful. This was no reflection on the staff themselves but there were not enough of them. There was no experience of a rugby crowd , i.e . pre poured pints to speed things up. This led to massive queues even through the game. To top it all off they ran out of Thatchers cider and Butcomb bitter by half time. Apart from this the experience was great. But it is sad that the club will be loosing revenue to surrounding pubs because we can't get a drink in the ground,,

''Same problem in the Atteyo 010.gif

Can't blame the poor staff it just seemed that the Stadium was not expecting the 8.500 supporters or the drinking habits of a rugby crowed

They ran out of pasties 20 mins before kick off (shame to see though we seem to have taken with us the poor quality firm that supplied the ones at the Mem 012.gif ) along with the bottled Buttcome. Shame I could not try out the Dug Out fan zone, but there was no way I was quing to get a pint for 20 minutes either

But it was the first game at our new home, so hopefully somebody will be reading our constructive comments, take them on board so that in future the supporters will get the all round match day experience that I know the Gate can provide. As for the ground great pitch, great view and friendly stewards to go all with it 001.gif

Welcome to Ashton Gate, we have been forced to put up with this mismanagement for years. Is it a coincidence that Thatchers and Butcombe have turned up at the same time as the rugger drinkers?

I think the the football followers are the poor relation in this relationship.

I do question sometimes whether our club is going in the right direction.

Through the re-opening of the EE, I got to know a few guys who care passionately about the club, understand what the supporters want and would, I'm sure, be the go-between of club and supporters.

You might want to check what the consensus is now. The goodwill might have now finally run dry.

Archived