IGNORED

General Ramblings

WTFiGO!?!

The beers thing is a significant issue, Mr Fleuriot.

The beers thing represents demand at half time, and before the game, during City games.

Not only is demand not being supplied, meaning the club are missing out financially, people are pissed off by it. This is an absolute example of where the club (or Bristol Sport now) could be doing a hell of a lot better!

These dream machines, you speak of. Three x twelve pints per the time it takes three people to pour three. Have a little sign up saying if you can have the correct change ready then even faster.

City make better profit, we all get a half time pint (non-alcoholic beverages available) and an all round better vibe reverberates around the place. This is not rocket science, City.

(Should have entitled the thread 'General Rantings').

Do City/BS get the profit?  Or is it Lindleys?  I am sure I remember seeing somewhere that Lindleys pay for the franchise and that all operating revenue/costs are theirs.

Hopefully the franchise ends soon.  If I have a pre-match drink it is in a pub on the way rather than in the ground.  With Butcombe & Thatchers I would be quite happy drinking in the DEH, but not until I hear better reports of the service.

These dream machines, you speak of. Three x twelve pints per the time it takes three people to pour three. Have a little sign up saying if you can have the correct change ready then even faster.

I'm pretty sure they have those machines or similar in the Dolman already but as yet I have not seem them used. They were in use previous seasons as a lot of the time they would half fill a batch and then top up once ordered

Surely its not that difficult to kick start this again and have one of the bar staff just concentrate on filling them?

Hopefully the franchise ends soon.  If I have a pre-match drink it is in a pub on the way rather than in the ground.  With Butcombe & Thatchers I would be quite happy drinking in the DEH, but not until I hear better reports of the service.

Generally, our group have always had a couple of drinks pre-match in the local pubs before rocking up to the ground around 10 mins before KO.

We've slightly changed that routine this season due to not wanting to que for 20 minutes+ and although we still pop in the pubs, we get into the DEH about 2.15 for a final pint and some food. Generally speaking, it hasn't been overly busy even leading up to KO and the service has been fine. 

It's at HT when the problems occur, half the stand seem to converge to the DEH either wanting beer/food/toilets or a mixture of all and there just is not the capacity or staff to deal with it. We know that once the Dolman and South Stand is complete, there will be

numerous concessions around the concourse and hopefully we wont experience the same problems, however something must be done for this season to provide the fans with a better experience. They've even stopped selling the cans at a separate table which was always good enough for me 

Some useful tips on this thread about how to improve the catering and bar services especially as the Rugby club are now sharing AG.

But.....and it is a big but, we are talking Lindleys here, not a good company who listens and takes advice from its customers.

Lindleys have a very rigid and arrogant, we know best opinion of its own marketing strategy and will not/ do not pay any attention to any type of suggestions from its customers.

The only way the catering and bar services will change and improve is for Lindleys franchise not to be renewed.

The reviews from within the Williams E are on the dismal side. It certainly is not universally popular amongst those who have moved from the Eastend.

If the club do not capitalise on this and commit a decent section of the new East End to it, I will be frankly ******* astonished ... Prepare to be astonished. If there are people within BCFC honestly liaising with fans regarding the South stand it is unclear who these fans are, and who they know.

The core of fans who frequented the Eastend and generated part of its momentum "could" be heading away from this South stand.

Mate, please see 'moor2see's post #12 on this thread.

Through the re-opening of the EE, I got to know a few guys who care passionately about the club, understand what the supporters want and would, I'm sure, be the go-between of club and supporters.

They would do it for free. There would be no cross-agenda re employment; they would be a genuine bridge of the gap, ahem, so to speak.

The critical part would be that the club listen. Not necessarily act on everything but at least have eyes and ears to know the consensus opinion.

South Stand or wherever, noise generated at the S****horpe game was appreciated.

It's not rocket science , I went to Arsenal in the late 90's and they had a bar that you could not stand around with pints poured and waiting. Walk up order your beer was there you pay and walk away. Food outlets were in a different place , they also had live bands but that's another story. I hope the concourse is wider in the new EE , it was the clubs fault I was slightly ( :facepalm: ) the worse for wear saturday. Nothing to eat as the queue was so big so carried on with the cider frenzy on an empty stomach, I may complain  ;)

It's not rocket science , I went to Arsenal in the late 90's and they had a bar that you could not stand around with pints poured and waiting. Walk up order your beer was there you pay and walk away. Food outlets were in a different place , they also had live bands but that's another story. I hope the concourse is wider in the new EE , it was the clubs fault I was slightly ( :facepalm: ) the worse for wear saturday. Nothing to eat as the queue was so big so carried on with the cider frenzy on an empty stomach, I may complain  ;)

You're saying Arsenal organised a piss up at a bar? In the late 90's?

No wonder we're light years behind!

The beers thing is a significant issue, Mr Fleuriot.

The beers thing represents demand at half time, and before the game, during City games.

Not only is demand not being supplied, meaning the club are missing out financially, people are pissed off by it. This is an absolute example of where the club (or Bristol Sport now) could be doing a hell of a lot better!

City make better profit, we all get a half time pint (non-alcoholic beverages available) and an all round better vibe reverberates around the place. This is not rocket science, City.

(Should have entitled the thread 'General Rantings').

At Chelsea (and probably various other clubs) you can buy a little half-time pint ticket before the game, when everything's quieter, and exchange it in the concourse for a pint at HT. Works like a dream. Wouldn't be surprised to see something similar introduced following the redevelopment, but I doubt anything significant will happen before then. I can kind of see why, it's more down to our previous failings than anything specifically this season, but that doesn't make it any better.

At Chelsea (and probably various other clubs) you can buy a little half-time pint ticket before the game, when everything's quieter, and exchange it in the concourse for a pint at HT. Works like a dream. Wouldn't be surprised to see something similar introduced following the redevelopment, but I doubt anything significant will happen before then. I can kind of see why, it's more down to our previous failings than anything specifically this season, but that doesn't make it any better.

Yet another great idea.

But........see my earlier post #39 on this thread.

I heard some bloke on 5 Live saying exactly the same about the service at Wembley, people leaving 10 minutes before half time and coming back 15 minutes after the 2nd half has kicked off just to get a cup of tea. I was at Notts Co, no hot water for coffee/tea when we got there and the kids were taking a lifetime to pour a can of lager out into a plastic cup.

Pretty sure it's the same in lots of places. Doesn't make it right but it just means the people that put this sort of service on suffer from the same problem, supply and demand.

No guarantee how many people are going to turn up, how much they will drink/eat and when they will do it.

You won't get staff to work their wotsits off for 15 minutes at half time and then go home will you so not sure what the viable option is.

Yet another great idea.

But........see my earlier post #39 on this thread.

Robbo, it's a simple question and I'll ask it gently: why don't City sack Lindleys off and get a more competent catering company in?

Do you know? Have the Lindley and Lansdown family cross-bred at some point? Do City simply not care about such petty matters? Whatever could it be?

Good question.

The only answer I can come with is that the club financially benefit hugely from having Lindleys run the franchise.

As we all know Lindleys are desperately poor providers and over the years there have been numerous complaints and discussions about the 'quality' and 'service, they provide. Despite those complaints the club remain indifferent as they remain inactive in addressing those complaints.

In almost every other area of fans satisfaction the club does listen to the fans as much as possible and consequently the match day experience has improved but throughout the catering and bar services have remained crap and overpriced. That is simply down to Lindleys.

I would like to see the franchise run by a local company but I can't see that happening unfortunately.

I heard some bloke on 5 Live saying exactly the same about the service at Wembley, people leaving 10 minutes before half time and coming back 15 minutes after the 2nd half has kicked off just to get a cup of tea. I was at Notts Co, no hot water for coffee/tea when we got there and the kids were taking a lifetime to pour a can of lager out into a plastic cup.

Pretty sure it's the same in lots of places. Doesn't make it right but it just means the people that put this sort of service on suffer from the same problem, supply and demand.

No guarantee how many people are going to turn up, how much they will drink/eat and when they will do it.

You won't get staff to work their wotsits off for 15 minutes at half time and then go home will you so not sure what the viable option is.

My extensive research, of 15 years, indicates that there is a massive demand for cider between the hours of 15:45 and 16:00 on the day of Saturday when City are playing at Ashton Gate.

My paper is due to be published tomorrow.

Do they have these problems of gross-inefficiency in Germany? is my next government-granted thesis.

What is the real meaning of the word 'facetious' is also in the pipeline.

Supply and demand works both ways.

If there was no demand for Linldey's overpriced crap due to a fans boycott then City would bump them off in a heartbeat.

Vive le revolution!

Royalty should upgrade you to the status of Lord Colby-Tit, Sir.

Agreed, not enough revolting people.

Where's the Right Honourable Les Q when you need him, eh?

Seriously though, the next time the patronising ***** tell me my loyal support is valued, I will brick SL's house.

Or just have the club miss out on my financial input, as is normal, and let the ill-feeling grow. Not the sort of football club I want to be a part of.

Robbo, it's a simple question and I'll ask it gently: why don't City sack Lindleys off and get a more competent catering company in?

Do you know? Have the Lindley and Lansdown family cross-bred at some point? Do City simply not care about such petty matters? Whatever could it be?

Maybe they can, maybe they will. The redevelopment represents a real watershed moment, potentially.

Supply and demand works both ways.

If there was no demand for Linldey's overpriced crap due to a fans boycott then City would bump them off in a heartbeat.

Exactly.

That's why I haven't bought anything at all within AG for years. No grub or alcohol. I get both outside the stadium.

Problem is that I'm only one person.

Indeed they do expect better service but I'm not convinced that the management of Lindleys will actually listen to thier constructive comments.

I certainly got nowhere with Lindleys managers when I was SC chairman. They were very defensive about anything that reflected them in poor light. Very touchy lot in my experience.

It was several years ago so things may have changed since but somehow I doubt it.

Do you happen to know if they are tied into a contract here for a set number of years. Perhaps the club has to wait until it can get shot of them?

Do you happen to know if they are tied into a contract here for a set number of years. Perhaps the club has to wait until it can get shot of them?

I don't know the details of the agreement between Lindleys and the club but as I understand it the franchise is reviewed regularly by both parties. How regularly I don't know.

As I said before, the only reason the club do nothing about the bar service and catering is because it's a lucrative arrangement for them.

It's a shame as many supporters think the whole set up is not up-to scratch, negative comments we see on otib on a consistent basis.

I don't know the details of the agreement between Lindleys and the club but as I understand it the franchise is reviewed regularly by both parties. How regularly I don't know.

As I said before, the only reason the club do nothing about the bar service and catering is because it's a lucrative arrangement for them.

It's a shame as many supporters think the whole set up is not up-to scratch, negative comments we see on otib on a consistent basis.

Presumably there are no meaningful service levels or performance measures built into the contract.  Bonkers if that is right.

Or maybe there are and Lindleys keep failing, making it even more lucrative for BCFC due to financial penalties.

My extensive research, of 15 years, indicates that there is a massive demand for cider between the hours of 15:45 and 16:00 on the day of Saturday when City are playing at Ashton Gate.

My paper is due to be published tomorrow.

Do they have these problems of gross-inefficiency in Germany? is my next government-granted thesis.

What is the real meaning of the word 'facetious' is also in the pipeline.

You posed the same question ignoring my comment about how you get people in for 15 minutes and then send them home, we all know the challenge but let's have some sensible solutions or you're just moaning for the sake of it.

I've been away with the City for years and never found a kiosk without a queue at half time, can't all re run by Lindlay's surely?

You posed the same question ignoring my comment about how you get people in for 15 minutes and then send them home, we all know the challenge but let's have some sensible solutions or you're just moaning for the sake of it.

I've been away with the City for years and never found a kiosk without a queue at half time, can't all re run by Lindlay's surely?

I was in the home end at West Brom for a game last season, they had a broad bar, everyone got served and it was all pretty chilled out. I don't know about employing kids for just 15 minutes, but it all worked out ok there. I hope provisions for the new East End are taking such functional measures into account. Otherwise there will be more 'moaning' but not just for the sake of it.

In the mean time, as has been mentioned in this thread, there are devices that pour 12 pints at a time ie/one person employed instead of the equivalent of 12. Apparently, also mentioned in this thread, we already have them in place in the DEH, but I don't know the detail on that.

As I said, it does not take an anthropologist to observe that there is always a huge demand for pints of cider at half time at City. As simplistic and as repetitively suggested as it has been over the years: why do the club, Lyndleys or whoever see to it that an estimated number of the things are ready poured and good to go?

Efficiently organised, you wouldn't have to employ that many people.

Agreed....but we are talking Lindleys here.

I know, mate, you keep saying.

City appear to have put whatever deal they have with them ahead of the fans that they claim to value so much. They are also not intervening with sensible solutions, on behalf of the fans, to convenience the fans.

A counter claim is that people can surely manage without half-time refreshments, which they can, but I'm suggesting that it is still piss-poor.

As Colby Tit pointed out, if people continue to support it then they get what they deserve. That equates to saying, either organise a mass-boycott, go without, or accept piss-poor service.

**** me the rugby boys are in for a shock. Personally foresee a few 'influential' letters from them to Bristol Sport regarding this.

Archived