IGNORED

General Ramblings

WTFiGO!?!

First, I'm not all against City falling under the Bristol Sport umbrella. My only request is that it doesn't interfere with City's identity as a football club..

Secondly, actually think the relocation of the Eastenders into the mainstream of the ground is improving the entire energy of AG on match day. That, and the attendees being more compressed. It helped that we won.

On the pitch I think we're hitting a crest. The hangover of over paid underperformers is all but over. SL's still motivated and Cottterill is being given a fair crack of the whip. We've brought some good players in.

The ticket/commercial side still needs working on, big time. And all the things that should be got right, most of the time.

Think this club will be dragged into the 21st century, though, whether it likes it or not.

To elaborate on that, the club co-operation in letting the EE and now part of the Williams stand -despite its difficulties, is to the club's credit, not that there was a choice. City are pushing for safe standing.l

Same goes with the purple and lime. The better the club co-operates with its fans the better it is. I know a consensus of opinion is not possible on everything, but it shows to me that the club is showing initiative on acting on this.

Now if we could just:

[*]further upgrade catering

[*]make sure those that want a pint at half time can get one (queues are costing the club!)

[*]keep winning

then everything in the garden will be rosy red!

Two of that three are down to Lindleys.

The catering ( food ) is of poor quality and grossly overpriced. Grub is cheaper outside the ground.The alcohol is also more expensive than the local pubs.

Lindleys are very loath to employ more staff (on minimum wage) to enable the bar queues to mover quickly.

The answer? Sack Lindleys and bring in new and local catering.

The club were not able to provide what i wanted on saturday at half time,  so i had to leave the ground to obtain it.  That took ages as they would not let me out at first.  By the time i got out i decided that i could not be bothered to jump through hoops to get back in again.  Why not turn the pumps on where they have them. Let people have a beer outside the canteen. Like they did at Rochdale.  This would free up space in the bars in the williams.  More people being servered meens more profit to the club. 

This queuing up for 20 minutes during a 15 minute half time business has gone back since Maynard was here (as I remember combining the rants about the queues/Maynard stropping) with a disciple of the light. I dare say it has gone on for years before that, as well.

Why are we still contracting Lindleys? Why has the club not identified and dealt with this problem?

During that 'bridging the gap' debate it was concluded we'd all be a lot happier with a successful City side but to an extent, that is beyond our control. Employing a competent catering company, on the other hand, is surely entirely in our control? Yet this issue is still not addressed. The club is undermining its self by this and showing its crocodile gratitude to us supporters for what it is.

"Thank you for your support, that issue about wanting a pie or a pint at half time and to be comfortably back for the second half - tough shit about that" - is the current unspoken message.

Interesting the Rugby guys are having the same problem...From their Forum following yesturdays game.

''The bar service in the Dolman stand was awful. This was no reflection on the staff themselves but there were not enough of them. There was no experience of a rugby crowd , i.e . pre poured pints to speed things up. This led to massive queues even through the game. To top it all off they ran out of Thatchers cider and Butcomb bitter by half time. Apart from this the experience was great. But it is sad that the club will be loosing revenue to surrounding pubs because we can't get a drink in the ground,,

''Same problem in the Atteyo 010.gif

Can't blame the poor staff it just seemed that the Stadium was not expecting the 8.500 supporters or the drinking habits of a rugby crowed

They ran out of pasties 20 mins before kick off (shame to see though we seem to have taken with us the poor quality firm that supplied the ones at the Mem 012.gif ) along with the bottled Buttcome. Shame I could not try out the Dug Out fan zone, but there was no way I was quing to get a pint for 20 minutes either
But it was the first game at our new home, so hopefully somebody will be reading our constructive comments, take them on board so that in future the supporters will get the all round match day experience that I know the Gate can provide. As for the ground great pitch, great view and friendly stewards to go all with it 001.gif

Interesting the Rugby guys are having the same problem...From their Forum following yesturdays game.

''The bar service in the Dolman stand was awful. This was no reflection on the staff themselves but there were not enough of them. There was no experience of a rugby crowd , i.e . pre poured pints to speed things up. This led to massive queues even through the game. To top it all off they ran out of Thatchers cider and Butcomb bitter by half time. Apart from this the experience was great. But it is sad that the club will be loosing revenue to surrounding pubs because we can't get a drink in the ground,,

''Same problem in the Atteyo 010.gif

Can't blame the poor staff it just seemed that the Stadium was not expecting the 8.500 supporters or the drinking habits of a rugby crowed

They ran out of pasties 20 mins before kick off (shame to see though we seem to have taken with us the poor quality firm that supplied the ones at the Mem 012.gif ) along with the bottled Buttcome. Shame I could not try out the Dug Out fan zone, but there was no way I was quing to get a pint for 20 minutes either

But it was the first game at our new home, so hopefully somebody will be reading our constructive comments, take them on board so that in future the supporters will get the all round match day experience that I know the Gate can provide. As for the ground great pitch, great view and friendly stewards to go all with it 001.gif

The rugger buggers are deluded to think anything dramatic - like pouring pints before half time whistle - will change as a result of feedback.

How about the Club create a Stadium Manager position? This person could then take personal responsibility to whack heads together to sort out problems that have lasted decades on and off at the Club. To report direct to the CEO and fans monthly on progress.

Probably would only need to be a temporary appointment for 12 months to resolve the following issues:-

1) POTD arrangements

2) Advance ticketing

3) Stadium access

4) Catering

5) Parking

I'd even volunteer to do it myself. Know the CEO at Torquay Utd who volunteered as a genuine fan so it can happen that a supporter becomes a Mr Fix It. Always thought it would be nice to give something back to a Club you've followed for decades.

Just a pity that now we're beginning to get it so right on the pitch, with the high level business strategy and stadium upgrade that improvements to match day operational matters are lagging so woefully far behind.

Bring back the bookies in the Dolman bar! I like to give them money pre-match....

I was told by the bar staff that they are not expecting it back this season, can anyone clarify that?

I saw that in the minutes of a meeting somewhere on here.

I believe the franchise period ended and the company didn't want to renew, neither did anyone else.

i think they blamed it on the fact that most betting is done online now

Can they not pour the pints and have them sat there waiting? That's what happens at Kingsholm, no queuing, maximum profit for the club

It obviously works well and not only lessens queues, it also boost sales but such a simple remedy is too complicated for the youngsters Lindleys employ.

Lindleys loss I guess, but I do feel sorry for the rugby fans having to wait so long for a pint.

I believe the franchise period ended and the company didn't want to renew, neither did anyone else.

Plus the club wanted to increase the rent and that meant it wasn't financially viable for the bookies to pay the extra. So now there are no betting outlets within AG.

Thanks, i will have to change my match day route now and stop off at the bookies :/

Ummm....

Ashton Gate Stadium Operations Head of Operations: Keith Draisey Stadium Manager: Dave Lewis Grounds Manager: Craig Richardson Retail Manager: Marie Longhurst 

Great news!

Impressively quick action to my posting from the Club in getting all those positions sorted and filled! Things are indeed looking up.

Now when does the Stadium Manager start his responsibilities?

It obviously works well and not only lessens queues, it also boost sales but such a simple remedy is too complicated for the youngsters Lindleys employ.

Lindleys loss I guess, but I do feel sorry for the rugby fans having to wait so long for a pint.

But, as others have said, it's not the bar staff's fault, as such. Someone employed within Lindleys must be dishing out the orders, they just follow them

Simple supply & demand. And it really is that simple!

Where's Tommy's match report from last week?

I been waiting to read this literacy masterpiece and nothing!

Good point gus.

We need Tommy's detailed match report and ratings (and any other observations he thinks appropriate) and all in his inimitable style of course.

Garland Sweden contacted him at Meadow Lane at half time after I mentioned it again on the match thread and Tommy was apparently agreeable.

Must have slipped his mind - either that, or it's going to be a very detailed report.

Come on Tommy, the forum awaits your report, verdict, thoughts, whatever, on the Notts. County game!

Being in it ... Its pony ... REALLY pony.

Sorry mate, I gather it's been difficult. I don't think it will be resolved, either. It is temporary, though.

As I'm sure you're all too aware, the re-opening of the East End came to be due to supporters organising themselves, out of despair that home support producing less decibels than a mouse farting was detrimental, not to mention wholly frustrating for us. Other ideas were carried though - Dolman G block being one but nothing worked.

What we have now is an established platform for vocal supporters to gravitate to and as I said this has galvanised the rest of the ground into a bit of life, in its current location. Something we never had before the re-opening of the East End.

If the club do not capitalise on this and commit a decent section of the new East End to it, I will be frankly ******* astonished.

I think one of the plus points of the Rugby lot coming across is they demand/expect a far better catering/bar service than previously known at AG and perhaps they will help force it to something better..

I think one of the plus points of the Rugby lot coming across is they demand/expect a far better catering/bar service than previously known at AG and perhaps they will help force it to something better..

I can't see the Rugby lot putting up with it and I predict now that changes are forthcoming. It's going to look decidedly bad on Bristol Sport if they're not.

Indeed they do expect better service but I'm not convinced that the management of Lindleys will actually listen to thier constructive comments.

I certainly got nowhere with Lindleys managers when I was SC chairman. They were very defensive about anything that reflected them in poor light. Very touchy lot in my experience.

It was several years ago so things may have changed since but somehow I doubt it.

I can't see the Rugby lot putting up with it and I predict now that changes are forthcoming. It's going to look decidedly bad on Bristol Sport if they're not.

As I posted on a thread earlier...

had a conversation with a colleague who is a ST holder at the Rugby and he didn't have much good to say about the food and drink outlets. Slow service, ran out of pasties as mentioned above, pumps in the Atyeo bar serving more froth than beer.

He did point out that it was only the first game and they were all expecting some teething problems, but from what he was saying another experience like that will see the local pubs picking up a lot of business that should be going through the tills at Ashton Gate.

I only said to my mate in the pub on Saturday, if I was Steve Lansdown, the sight of a full pub within 2 minutes of Ashton Gate, would make my blood boil. If they drive the Rugby lot away through poor service as well, as you say, it will reflect very badly on Bristol Sport.

The beers thing seems like a significant issue. They should use the dream machines from festivals that pour 12 pints at a time, and have a factory line workforce. I don't bother getting a drink at half time. Whoever is doing the logistics for catering really isn't very good.

The beers thing is a significant issue, Mr Fleuriot.

The beers thing represents demand at half time, and before the game, during City games.

Not only is demand not being supplied, meaning the club are missing out financially, people are pissed off by it. This is an absolute example of where the club (or Bristol Sport now) could be doing a hell of a lot better!

These dream machines, you speak of. Three x twelve pints per the time it takes three people to pour three. Have a little sign up saying if you can have the correct change ready then even faster.

City make better profit, we all get a half time pint (non-alcoholic beverages available) and an all round better vibe reverberates around the place. This is not rocket science, City.

(Should have entitled the thread 'General Rantings').

Sorry mate, I gather it's been difficult. I don't think it will be resolved, either. It is temporary, though. As I'm sure you're all too aware, the re-opening of the East End came to be due to supporters organising themselves, out of despair that home support producing less decibels than a mouse farting was detrimental, not to mention wholly frustrating for us. Other ideas were carried though - Dolman G block being one but nothing worked. What we have now is an established platform for vocal supporters to gravitate to and as I said this has galvanised the rest of the ground into a bit of life, in its current location. Something we never had before the re-opening of the East End. If the club do not capitalise on this and commit a decent section of the new East End to it, I will be frankly ******* astonished.
The reviews from within the Williams E are on the dismal side. It certainly is not universally popular amongst those who have moved from the Eastend. If the club do not capitalise on this and commit a decent section of the new East End to it, I will be frankly ******* astonished ... Prepare to be astonished. If there are people within BCFC honestly liaising with fans regarding the South stand it is unclear who these fans are, and who they know. The core of fans who frequented the Eastend and generated part of its momentum "could" be heading away from this South stand.

Archived