IGNORED

Jpt Trophy Live On Sky

Welcome To The Jungle

I am quite sure that Cotterill will not agree with you that this is a 'massive game' and I would agree with him.

A good chance to play the substitutes and reserves.

I can see the logic, we don't have a massive squad and we are going well in the league. Also if you don't play your fringe players in this kind of game, when do you?

On the other hand we do have a very good chance of winning it, unlike the other two cups, and nobody would be disappointed with a trip to Wembley!

I can see the logic, we don't have a massive squad and we are going well in the league. Also if you don't play your fringe players in this kind of game, when do you?

On the other hand we do have a very good chance of winning it, unlike the other two cups, and nobody would be disappointed with a trip to Wembley!

Got Walsall away the Saturday before, and Chesterfield at home the following weekend.

As it stands the latter of those is against a team in the top six, so imagine we'd see some folks rested, but do hope it is perhaps a good chance for the non-first eleven to put some pressure on the boys holding the shirts.

And anyway; a chance to show off on Sky isn't an opportunity to be sniffed at by the fringe lads; Burns, Reid and the like should be keen on it.

I wish City weren't in the Micky Mouse Cup at all.

It's a meaningless compition and is yet another game where players can get injured. I'm sure Cotterill thinks that as well.

good for you, i'd rather we win it and have a nice trip out to wembley then go on to win the league so we can have a league and cup double,

It's a meaningless compition and is yet another game where players can get injured. I'm sure Cotterill thinks that as well.

Don't agree - I think The JPT and the league are the two competitions we have a realistic chance of doing well in. It's not many rounds to get to the final and that can make the club good money.

Don't agree - I think The JPT and the league are the two competitions we have a realistic chance of doing well in. It's not many rounds to get to the final and that can make the club good money.

My thoughts too.

And although I'd never continence us not being in the FA Cup, being at the level we have to fight it out to even make the 3rd round and potentially decent money, the JPT actually offer us (and the players) a reasonable chance at something like success.

After the effort against Oxford I expect this is a game we'll lose anyway.

If we effectively gut the side of first teamers, I can see this a likely outcome.

Being Cheltenham easily dealt with Oxford in the last round in this competition, can see them providing a decent test.

It wouldn't be a real league and cup double would it?

The Mickey Mouse cup doesn't qualify IMO.

prem teams say that about the carling cup (or what ever its called these days), its a bit of silverware we have a very realistic chance of winning and should be treat with respect

compatition rules say we can't field a full team of reserves ether so can't be used like the game against oxford was, also winning breads confidance no matter what the compatition,

So do I.

The JPT means absolutely nothing to me.

'86 and '87 were magnificent for the club, even if we did lose the second game ( bloody Gordon Owen ), but people don't hold such fond memories of 2000 and 2004(?). The club has moved on and the competition these days is merely a reminder of our underachievement.

I've no doubt that a trip to Wembley would be a good day out but it really wouldn't be any more than that.

Possibly but it's a local one for me, sort of a win win really, in that if we go out then it ain't that bad, and if we win, well we are on the Road to Wemberleeee, Wemberlee.

It wouldn't be a real league and cup double would it?

The Mickey Mouse cup doesn't qualify IMO.

Well we aren't going to win either of the other two domestic cups and we haven't won a league since the 1950s so it could be our best chance of silverware. I'm not too bothered about the JPT but I wouldn't completely dismiss it - it's helpful that we've have a bye this year, and I'd hope that we'd look to win every game we play in. It's also a good chance to give the likes of Bobby Reid, Wes Burns an opportunity to impress.

Archived