IGNORED

Jpt Trophy Live On Sky

Welcome To The Jungle

Can't believe some of our fans openly want us to lose a match, any game breeds confidence.. and losing to a lower league team on sky will be a complete embarrasement

Not sure many want us to lose but not many will lose sleep if we do. Would be good for the squad players to get some game time etc.

As for the JPT, like everyone else I wish we were too good to play in it, but the fact is we're not so therefore, as with any other game, I firstly hope we go and beat Cheltenham and we then go through the competition and end up winning at Wembley.

It won't mean as much as if we won the league this season, and of course it wouldn't be in the same ballpark as if we, by some miracle, win the League Cup or FA Cup in my lifetime, but frankly I don't think we're quite successful enough to turn our noses up at the prospect of a final at Wembley and a trophy, no matter how small.. As a few other people have alluded to, I would rather win the JPT then have what realistically would be the best outcome possible in the FA Cup which is a couple of wins and then getting knocked out by a Championship or Premier League reserve team.

Admittedly I was only 9 and 12 at the time, but the Stoke and Carlisle finals will always stay with me and I would like for us to have another experience like that this season, only with the Carlisle result rather than the Stoke one!

Admittedly I was only 9 and 12 at the time, but the Stoke and Carlisle finals will always stay with me and I would like for us to have another experience like that this season, only with the Carlisle result rather than the Stoke one!

I can understand that and I suspect there is an age split between the "cares" and "don't cares".

When we won it in 1986 it was quite special for several reasons.  Trips to Wembley were rare, in fact almost impossible for a club like us; the play offs hadn't been invented and when they were, it wasn't until 1990 that the final was played at Wembley.  It was a relatively new competition, we were only the third winners of it.  But perhaps most important of all, it was confirmation for us that we were climbing back from the dark days of 1982.  The Stoke game was one of the last games played at the old Wembley and so a bit special for that.  The Carlisle games was dead easy to get to.  It is now all a bit "been there, done that", but maybe I will feel different should we get there, but I doubt it.

We need to get to Wembley as many times as possible in the future.. as I enjoyed it far too much when we had played at the new Wembley more times than Liverpool and didn't my then Liverpool supporting house mate know about that!. However since 2012 I haven't been able to throw that at him and have only "tinman in front of the kop" to wind him up with.  :innocent06:

As for the JPT, like everyone else I wish we were too good to play in it, but the fact is we're not so therefore, as with any other game, I firstly hope we go and beat Cheltenham and we then go through the competition and end up winning at Wembley.

It won't mean as much as if we won the league this season, and of course it wouldn't be in the same ballpark as if we, by some miracle, win the League Cup or FA Cup in my lifetime, but frankly I don't think we're quite successful enough to turn our noses up at the prospect of a final at Wembley and a trophy, no matter how small.. As a few other people have alluded to, I would rather win the JPT then have what realistically would be the best outcome possible in the FA Cup which is a couple of wins and then getting knocked out by a Championship or Premier League reserve team.

Trust me, the Bolton final was the one for atmosphere! Two well-supported teams and a cracking game to boot.

Sadly, Beardy, you'll have to trust me on that, as you must've been an unfertilised egg at the time.

Disagree with SC I'm afraid!

I'd much rather get to R5 of the FA Cup, we'd get more exposure and games against top teams than we will do by getting to Wembley in the JPT.

Can anyone honestly say that Carlisle in 2003 was a "great day out" or a "great moment for the club that will go down in history"??

I still remember the empty feeling I had when Tommy Doc lifted the trophy...it was nothing compared to many league or cup wins we've had let alone play off semi final victories.

The prospect of 40,000 of us turning up at Wembley to face Rochdale who've brought 10,000 just does not appeal. It's a day out on the piss in London but as for the game I would not care if we won or lost.

I just wish the League Cup would actually be the LEAGUE Cup ie the 72 LEAGUE clubs and kick the Prem teams out. Now that WOULD be a trophy worth trying to win.

I'd rather we do both, as a cup team we are a complete joke.

Archived