IGNORED

Bcfc V Crystal Palace Matchday Thread...

spudski

I find that a touch worrying though. I'm not for a minute suggesting we should change anything, but if he looks that good a prospect, he's not going to wait around in the reserves hoping for 3 other centre backs or 3 midfielders to get injured

He played for Colchester's 18s last year (season before last) so he's progressing. If we continue to play 3 at the back then actually if two CBs are out then I'd guess he might make the bench?

I find that a touch worrying though. I'm not for a minute suggesting we should change anything, but if he looks that good a prospect, he's not going to wait around in the reserves hoping for 3 other centre backs or 3 midfielders to get injured

Might a be a good candidate for loaning out then, perhaps?

It is good to have the likes of Wynter off getting first team competitive football under his belt; I'd suggest it puts him in far closer to contention breaking in here than those at U21 level who've not.

Personally, with teams such as Exeter, Plymouth, Cheltenham and even Rovers (I mean Forest Green, of course) relatively close by, enabling our coaches to check up on their progress, or even for them to train with us I'm some capacity still while turning out elsewhere, I think we should be pushing more of them out the door for short stints. I cannot see how it doesn't benefit them and us, long term.

If nothing else, might result in sides wanting them, and being willing to stump up fees or even just sell ons for youngsters unlikely to make the grade here, and give us something for their development, even if that is just a small share in their long term potential.

For every Joe Bryan we are gonna get maybe five-10 who'll not break in, but may develop elsewhere, al la Ryan Harley, but personally would like us to give them more of a real test before we sent them off out the door, even of that test take place away from our own first team.

It is good to have the likes of Wynter off getting first team competitive football under his belt; I'd suggest it puts him in far closer to contention breaking in here than those at U21 level who've not.

Personally, with teams such as Exeter, Plymouth, Cheltenham and even Rovers (I mean Forest Green, of course) relatively close by, enabling our coaches to check up on their progress, or even for them to train with us I'm some capacity still while turning out elsewhere, I think we should be pushing more of them out the door for short stints. I cannot see how it doesn't benefit them and us, long term.

If nothing else, might result in sides wanting them, and being willing to stump up fees or even just sell ons for youngsters unlikely to make the grade here, and give us something for their development, even if that is just a small share in their long term potential.

For every Joe Bryan we are gonna get maybe five-10 who'll not break in, but may develop elsewhere, al la Ryan Harley, but personally would like us to give them more of a real test before we sent them off out the door, even of that test take place away from our own first team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we send a few out to FGR's, apparently they like Mufutu.

Great point and if we can get him games at Conference/League 2 level whilst still allowing him to train with us a day or two a week then that sounds ideal

Speaking of Wynter, does anyone know how he's getting on at Cheltenham? Is he playing regularly, how well and in what position?

Great point and if we can get him games at Conference/League 2 level whilst still allowing him to train with us a day or two a week then that sounds ideal

Speaking of Wynter, does anyone know how he's getting on at Cheltenham? Is he playing regularly, how well and in what position?

Midfield as I understand it, and seems to be playing (and starting) most games, after of course scoring the winner in his first there.

Though Korey Smith has come in and made that all-action midfielder role his own this season, and am not suggesting Wynter is at that level yet, would be nice to think he could perhaps be called upon to offer cover there in case of injuries or tiredness when games start coming thick and fast. Liked what I saw of him last year, would be a shame of he never got another chance here.

I don't want our under 21s full of first team squad members.

We're doing the right thing in promoting the 18s into the 21s so they can grow as a team over the next couple of years and gain valuable experience against bigger, stronger players.

Agree with everyone about Mafuta but given his ability on the ball he surely has to play in midfield? Guess he was covering - where was Batten?

His younger brother reckons he's broken his collarbone. 

Archived