IGNORED

Marv!

IdliketoRogerMoore

Id say between 07 and about 09 he was easily good enough for the Premier League. Good luck to him, more than good enough at league 1 level

Never in a million years. (though having said that, Nick Hunt was allegedly good enough for the Prem, so who knows?!?).

He was a good servant for us, and always put in a hell of a shift, popping up with some important goals, too, but with respect to the guy if he had to pass the ball more than five yards he was buggered!  If you wanna play as a midfielder at the top you at least need to have some sort of passing ability, which bless him, he really doesn't. 

Good luck to him though (except during the obvious games!)

Never in a million years. (though having said that, Nick Hunt was allegedly good enough for the Prem, so who knows?!?).

He was a good servant for us, and always put in a hell of a shift, popping up with some important goals, too, but with respect to the guy if he had to pass the ball more than five yards he was buggered! If you wanna play as a midfielder at the top you at least need to have some sort of passing ability, which bless him, he really doesn't.

Good luck to him though (except during the obvious games!)

Plenty of jobbing midfieldes that have made a living in the top flight, Lee Cattermole springs to mind

Id say between 07 and about 09 he was easily good enough for the Premier League. Good luck to him, more than good enough at league 1 level

I agree, people mix up top four champions league midfielder with Premier league midfielder. In our Championship play off season Marv would have held down a place in any bottom half Prem team in my opinion.

In terms of the modern day footballer Marv was a good servant to the club. Especially with the vast amount of journeyman players there are in the lower echelons.

This.

His value for money isn't what's being discussed, and God knows he worked harder in support of our cause for what he did get compared to many others who came and went in the time he was here.

People have short memories; was giving his all even until last season, with his brace against Carlisle at home being one of the very few high point before we turned the corner last season.

I agree, people mix up top four champions league midfielder with Premier league midfielder. In our Championship play off season Marv would have held down a place in any bottom half Prem team in my opinion.

agree, seemed to almost be like we had an extra player on the pitch when he was at his best. Seemed to go off the boil after his injury away to Plymouth

Archived