IGNORED

The Official (Very Early Half 5 Am Ish) Matchday Thread..

WhistleHappy

My post wasn't aimed at you. Paranoid or what?

Funny...I  was making a point to EMB  that it wasn't me who mentioned SoD first...but it was you.

Whether it was aimed at me or not...looks like you are going fishing to still create a divide between supposed SoD and SC camps...perhaps you can explain your post otherwise...

I had no intention of mentioning SoD.

It was Screech who mentioned him first...in his jibe about SC's successor....read his small print in his post.

I wanted to discuss tactics...and maybe get a response from those who were their, as to whether we sat back and invited them at us after our two late subs.

Instead...it has to turn into a 'them and us' scenario again...it's getting ******* boring now mate.

For the first time in 5 years we actually have something to be happy about, we are top of the league clear by 5 points (increased by a point after todays draw) there is a top v 2nd game to look forward next week and hopefully a full house to boot, 7 points from 3 games (2 of them away) over an 8 day period, an unbeaten start to this league campaign and 15 games unbeaten league games in total, the strange thing is it might have seemed like a defeat had it damaged our lead at the top, but it didn't.

i'm as happy as Larry, steak and chips, fridge full of beer and not being too upset/embarrassed to watch the football league show tonight and long may it last, we will have worse days before this season has finished, that is virtually guaranteed.

I have just one hope over the 56 years I have followed BCFC, I think I have witnessed 5 promotions but never as champions, that would make me soooo happy.

But I will apologise for one thing, I will try to read the small print next time, Screech is a very naughty boy.

i feared we might be a little tired for this match.Seems like we ran out of steam a bit towards the end but as everyone says it feels like we lost two points rather than gained one.

I confess to not being a fan of tactical substitutions in the 80 min .For me it seems an unnecessary danger to unbalance the side at that moment.I prefer 20 minutes where the player at least has the time to get into the match.I must also add that my managerial record stands up to anyone elses ( that is i once ran a match for my sons against a group of lads at the park and we won 17-14 ) 100% record ,suck on ee.

Still positives;

top of the league

our Strikers both got on the score sheet.

Horace Hedghog proven to be a charlatan !  :protest:

It's funny you follow a game like this and know you've got a two-goal cushion and have lost it to a draw and it'll seem disappointing.

I spent all afternoon visiting a sick in-law in hospital and was unable to follow the game. I came to it when it's a 3-3 away draw at a decent side - and I'm very happy.

It's all about perceptions.

Always frustrating when you lose a 2 goal lead. But still not a bad result as annoying as it is to say that.

Extended our lead at the top by 1 point all the same. MK Dons quickly becoming our biggest rivals in this league at the moment.

Game next weekend is huge. I'd 100% take a point now. We've got the points on the board so would be a better result for us.

Nah lets be ruthless, let's really make a statement and stick 3-4 past them. It's been 50 odd years since we won a title and can't help this is our best chance in a generation. I want the sort of demolition job we did on Grimsby during the Ward promotion season..

Always frustrating when you lose a 2 goal lead. But still not a bad result as annoying as it is to say that.

Extended our lead at the top by 1 point all the same. MK Dons quickly becoming our biggest rivals in this league at the moment.

Game next weekend is huge. I'd 100% take a point now. We've got the points on the board so would be a better result for us.

Two best defences each let in 3?

Two best attacks next week.  Hmmmm, sounds like 0-0.

For the first time in 5 years we actually have something to be happy about, we are top of the league clear by 5 points (increased by a point after todays draw) there is a top v 2nd game to look forward next week and hopefully a full house to boot, 7 points from 3 games (2 of them away) over an 8 day period, an unbeaten start to this league campaign and 15 games unbeaten league games in total, the strange thing is it might have seemed like a defeat had it damaged our lead at the top, but it didn't.

i'm as happy as Larry, steak and chips, fridge full of beer and not being too upset/embarrassed to watch the football league show tonight and long may it last, we will have worse days before this season has finished, that is virtually guaranteed.

I have just one hope over the 56 years I have followed BCFC, I think I have witnessed 5 promotions but never as champions, that would make me soooo happy.

But I will apologise for one thing, I will try to read the small print next time, Screech is a very naughty boy.

Totally understand you fella...and I'm very happy with our start....

And yes we will have worse days.

It just feels disappointing that we were 3-1 up after coming from behind and concede two late goals.

It feels like a loss...that feeling alone just goes to show how far we have come. Long may it continue.

Expectations have risen it seems.

I've always felt this team is strongest going forward, that's why I was disappointed we brought on two players who are more defensive over two that are more offensive and creative.

Anyway...my bet is still on ....so all good ;)

i feared we might be a little tired for this match.Seems like we ran out of steam a bit towards the end but as everyone says it feels like we lost two points rather than gained one.

I confess to not being a fan of tactical substitutions in the 80 min .For me it seems an unnecessary danger to unbalance the side at that moment.I prefer 20 minutes where the player at least has the time to get into the match.I must also add that my managerial record stands up to anyone elses ( that is i once ran a match for my sons against a group of lads at the park and we won 17-14 ) 100% record ,suck on ee.

Still positives;

top of the league

But we did gain a point from a 4 point lead to a 5 point lead.

Still positives;

top of the league

Horace wants to know what a charlatan is - is it one of they mucky women?

Totally understand you fella...and I'm very happy with our start....

And yes we will have worse days.

It just feels disappointing that we were 3-1 up after coming from behind and concede two late goals.

It feels like a loss...that feeling alone just goes to show how far we have come. Long may it continue.

Expectations have risen it seems.

I've always felt this team is strongest going forward, that's why I was disappointed we brought on two players who are more defensive over two that are more offensive and creative.

Anyway...my bet is still on ....so all good ;)

and you may well be right, however SC said in his interview, we had 6 good chances in the first half and put one away and probably 4 in the 2nd half and put 2 away, it seems that the game should have been put right out of reach well before his substitutions, just imagine the melt down on here now had he brought on JET and Burns and we had lost? and I suspect sooner or later this season, he will make attacking substitutions and it will go wrong in some way, as I said that's football.

Me and Mrs Bung have been married for 42 years and over those years, she has always asked me the question "how did they get on today?", guess what?, she stopped asking me about 3 years ago because she knew exactly how they had got on and was to frightened to ask but over the past 3 weeks she has started asking again and long may that continue, I have to be completely honest the past 5 years have without doubt been the most continuous time of abject misery in my 56 years supporting BCFC and apart from the live TV games, I have actually only been able to attend a couple of games in the that time, but hopefully that might be set to change from the new year.

Just back from Fleetwood.

A game of four quarters.

Quarters 1 and 4, we sat deep and went long ball, effectively bypassing what might be the best midfield in the division.

Quarters 2 and 3 we played fast one touch stuff through the midfield and were, frankly, unplayable.

Fleetwood are a good side yet in the quarters either side of Half time, it was men against boys.

To be fair to Frankie, each one of their goals were belters.

Just back from Fleetwood.

A game of four quarters.

Quarters 1 and 4, we sat deep and went long ball, effectively bypassing what might be the best midfield in the division.

Quarters 2 and 3 we played fast one touch stuff through the midfield and were, frankly, unplayable.

Fleetwood are a good side yet in the quarters either side of Half time, it was men against boys.

To be fair to Frankie, each one of their goals were belters.

Thanks for that SR, I suppose we need to learn to take the sting out of the games in a different way when we are taking a breather, because presumably we couldn't have kept up the momentum of quarters 2 & 3 for the whole game?.

Not really hindsight fella... I never believe in setting up shop and sitting back.

The greatest form of defence...is being offensive and pushing high up the pitch.

It's a known fact it's more tiring to defend than be offensive.

As a manager I'd never sit back on a 3-2 lead.

I'm the same, however if the subs had worked and we'd seen the game out it would have been seen as a good decision. And, let's not forget that more than once this season the introduction of Pack late on has helped us.

But like i say, no JET again... Getting a bit annoying but what can you really say when we are top of the league?!

I'm the same, however if the subs had worked and we'd seen the game out it would have been seen as a good decision. And, let's not forget that more than once this season the introduction of Pack late on has helped us.

But like i say, no JET again... Getting a bit annoying but what can you really say when we are top of the league?!

The time to get annoyed is when we go 5 or 6 games without a win and JET doesn't get a look in, most promotion sides rely on a settled team and that is what we seem to have.

Thanks for that SR, I suppose we need to learn to take the sting out of the games in a different way when we are taking a breather, because presumably we couldn't have kept up the momentum of quarters 2 & 3 for the whole game?.

And we DID need a breather! We defended from the front in our dominant spells, Agard and Wilbrahimovitch chasing all over the pitch, good to see.

BTW, wouldn't want to single anyone out because they all put a shift in... BUT...

That was the best I've ever seen Ayling play, and I sometimes forget just how good a footballer our new captain is.

And we DID need a breather! We defended from the front in our dominant spells, Agard and Wilbrahimovitch chasing all over the pitch, good to see.

BTW, wouldn't want to single anyone out because they all put a shift in... BUT...

That was the best I've ever seen Ayling play, and I sometimes forget just how good a footballer our new captain is.

By the sounds of it Agard had run his socks off and was also on a booking.

Great to know we were defending from the front.

Personally at 3-2 I would have utilised Burns pace and got him down the channels.

Just my personal choice.

Pack and Wagstaff was too negative imho and invites a team at you.

Get Burns running at them and causing a nuisance...makes sense to me. Gives them some fresh legs to worry about.

in commentary something along the lines of 'this is a team, there is not one 'star' who carry's this team, everybody is a cog and has a part to play' was said by commentator and Adam Baker.

Speaking to Fleetwood fans after the game who said they had never seen a team pass the ball like we did at their ground and could not believe they had got something from the game.

Everything about Fleetwood fc is 1st class like when a group of us had no seats and they opened up more of the stand for us.every steward was friendly and couldn't do enough for you.

Every club could learn from how they treat people on a match day.

Very enjoyable.

Archived