IGNORED

The Depressing Dominance Of The Premier League.

ChippenhamRed

To the people that have moved away from Bristol and settled elsewhere, I remember Noel Gallagher chatting to Russell Brand on his radio show about his son being an Arsenal fan. Russell replied that that is crazy and he should be making him support Man City. Noel replied that his son was born in London and will grew up in London so why make him support a team he will never get to watch just because that's who he supports. I think if I moved away and it seemed very much a permanent moved then any kids that came along would have to support the local team and not follow my footsteps. Thinking about it, this has happened to a guy I used to play footy with. He's a city fan, joined the forces, settled down with a bird from leeds and they've had a boy who he takes to leeds games. At first I thought it was weird when I saw his pictures on Facebook but when you think about it, it's the lo**** thing to do.

My daughter is half Welsh, born in Cardiff and at 6 years old she is adamant she is a Bristol City fan. If my dad hadn't have been a City fan I'd most likely support Rovers.... *shudders*.

When I went to Plymouth about 5 years ago, when they were in the Championship they had a huge Plymouth Argyle shop in the mall in the City centre, cant understand why City couldnt have one!

I visited Glasgow a few years back and found Rangers had a shop in the city centre, but not the other then four Glasgow clubs (Partick, Clyde, Clydebank and um..)

Here in P'boro' the PUFC ground is near the city centre, but built into the Town Hall is a Tourist Information Centre and they sell souvenirs such as Cathedral guide books, mugs with the script  IYPB and they also sells PUFC scarves & shirts etc.

Any chance of a TIC in say, Broadmead, selling City kit?

I visited Glasgow a few years back and found Rangers had a shop in the city centre, but not the other then four Glasgow clubs (Partick, Clyde, Clydebank and um..)

Here in P'boro' the PUFC ground is near the city centre, but built into the Town Hall is a Tourist Information Centre and they sell souvenirs such as Cathedral guide books, mugs with the script IYPB and they also sells PUFC scarves & shirts etc.

Red Trousers would never allow it and there'd be NIMBYs complaining that they'd emptied their dogs in the TIC for twenty years :(

I visited Glasgow a few years back and found Rangers had a shop in the city centre, but not the other then four Glasgow clubs (Partick, Clyde, Clydebank and um..St. Mirren!)

Here in P'boro' the PUFC ground is near the city centre, but built into the Town Hall is a Tourist Information Centre and they sell souvenirs such as Cathedral guide books, mugs with the script  IYPB and they also sells PUFC scarves & shirts etc.

Archived