IGNORED

Mk Dons

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Should be another tough game, and rightly so. They're a decent side, always seem to perform well but without the ending they probably think they should have had by now. Us being at home may mean they would take a point at the start, but with some of their recent results I would imagine their fans would expect all 3.

I certainly don't fear MK, but reading some posts on here I can't help but feel a small degree of over confidence (or dare I say, arrogance?) creeping in. Its easily done given our amazing start, but lets not forget that EVERY point has to earned (OK, maybe not against Donny and the gifts they gave us).

We have a clear week off so come Monday we can start to prepare for Saturday. MK don't have that luxury. Small advantage, maybe, but these things all help.

I can't believe any rational fan would expect their team to turn up at one of the pre season favourites, who are unbeaten, scoring goals and a strong defensive record, and win.

I certainly don't believe their playing staff and coach will expect a win. Their Gk was on talk sport after the Man U game and when talksport were bigging up sheff utd pboro etc he named us as, in his opinion, the strongest squad in the league.

I believe Mk Dons would absolute take a point right now

Who is still disappointed we lost to Oxford??

I don 't think the loss was the problem ,more worryingly it seemed that City had reverted to type.

The players who should have been busting a gut to force themselves into first team consideration played like sewage workers (just going through the motions ).

Fortunately we are uncharacteristically good and can hope that the Dongs have a hard match in the week to give us a chance to stamp more authority on the league.

Bring 'em on !

I don 't think the loss was the problem ,more worryingly it seemed that City had reverted to type.

The players who should have been busting a gut to force themselves into first team consideration played like sewage workers (just going through the motions ).

Fortunately we are uncharacteristically good and can hope that the Dongs have a hard match in the week to give us a chance to stamp more authority on the league.

Bring 'em on !

Honestly I think SC told them not to bother, and lets be honest the extra time to recover between matches can only be good for us over the season. As for franchise fc, I want us to go at them from the first whistle and show them our intentions for the season. I think this team looks as good as any I can remember. :city:

Honestly I think SC told them not to bother, and lets be honest the extra time to recover between matches can only be good for us over the season. As for franchise fc, I want us to go at them from the first whistle and show them our intentions for the season. I think this team looks as good as any I can remember. :city:

Oh right ,i can just imagine the team talk ;

" Ok lads,don't worry about the punters who paid good money to come and support you or the possibility of a good draw in the next round.

You lads not in the first eleven,just prove to me that i'm right not to start you,take it easy fellas "

:blink:

Oh right ,i can just imagine the team talk ;

" Ok lads,don't worry about the punters who paid good money to come and support you or the possibility of a good draw in the next round.

You lads not in the first eleven,just prove to me that i'm right not to start you,take it easy fellas "

:blink:

Can you think of another explanation for that performance? especially compared to how we have played in every other match.

Really looking forward to this game. Boosted by the fact that this will be my first match home or away I've attended this season. After not renewing my season ticket due to other financial commitments. Can anyone tell me how ticket sales are going?

I'm planning to get my tickets (3 in total) from the megastore through the week.

Absolutely no fear. They have no real pace in their side, play slow football and will be away from home. As mentioned before I'm honestly going into every game this season with the genuine belief/expectation that we can win. Haven't had that in a long time.

Think you may be surprised next Saturday Pete, they play some good stuff, have pace all through the front line and certainly aren't 'slow'.   They are ***** at the back though, so it should be a high scoring game.

Will be our toughest game so far.

Ashton Gate should be buzzing this Saturday. First real big match at home this season now that the league is taking shape.

With the reduced capacity this game could well be a sell out.

Agreed - sell out looking quite likely. I expect MK Dons will bring more to AG than any team so far this season and in the upper blocks of all 3 home stands (Dolman, Atyeo and Williams) it is already pretty much only singles left.

Think you may be surprised next Saturday Pete, they play some good stuff, have pace all through the front line and certainly aren't 'slow'.   They are ***** at the back though, so it should be a high scoring game.

Will be our toughest game so far.

Kyle McFadzean is at the heart of their defence. I recall that we were on the verge of signing him from Crawley but he was hit by some virus and the deal was never done. When he played at AG last season, he looked a very poor player and I remember being thankful that we never wasted our money on him. He has no pace.

He'll have trouble with our strikers.

Really looking forward to this game. Boosted by the fact that this will be my first match home or away I've attended this season. After not renewing my season ticket due to other financial commitments. Can anyone tell me how ticket sales are going?

I'm planning to get my tickets (3 in total) from the megastore through the week.

If we lose our undefeated streak, I'm blaming you then...

Not bothered about anyone in this league. We are bristol city and if they come here and have the testies and claim 3 points fair play. I'm confident of another city win. Ordered tickets yesterday can't wait. COYR. Yesterday was unfortunate but that's football and sometimes it's not your day but look at peterbough losing points and were picking them up every week

Archived