IGNORED

Premier Seating - Davel?

Leveller

I have season tickets in Upper Williams for my kids although they live with their mum an hour away. They can't make every match due to their own sport commitments  so I try to let friend's kids have them.

Sometimes the seats have/will go empty( I guess I'm not the only one  n this situation) so next time I'll let people on here know and if anyone wants them- they're welcome although I'm not looking after someone else's kids!

P.s I'm ringing the club to find out whether I can upgrade these tickets for an adult on a match by match basis.

I have season tickets in Upper Williams for my kids although they live with their mum an hour away. They can't make every match due to their own sport commitments  so I try to let friend's kids have them.

Sometimes the seats have/will go empty( I guess I'm not the only one  n this situation) so next time I'll let people on here know and if anyone wants them- they're welcome although I'm not looking after someone else's kids!

P.s I'm ringing the club to find out whether I can upgrade these tickets for an adult on a match by match basis.

you can, my sister does it all the time

Ok then, heres my two penneth, because some of the comments p**s me off a little.

I am a season ticket holder in the Premier seating. I have been a season ticket holder in the prem since they moved us on the creation of the Premier club, but I am not a member of the premier club, and nor are my mates who have seats in the same row. I am neither a better fan, nor a worse one, for spending more than most other parts of the ground for my seat, I just choose to sit there because I can.

Now, I go pretty much every week, (as much as having a 1 year old and a 3 year old allows) and have done since I stood in the schoolboy enclosure 35 years ago., however, I look after all the tickets of my mates because most of them struggle to attend many games. Why? Well, not that its really peoples business but 1 lives in Italy, 1 in Devon & USA, 1 spends 80% of his time abroad and works weekends (if he's doing well) 1 lives near Birmigham but makes most games and the other is 2 years of age and doesn't have the concentration to attend games.

So, at most games, there is a maximum of 3 of us, meaning four empty seats. Sometimes there is 1, me, and I tend to look a little "billy no mates" with the 6 seats empty (on the plus side, I get to lie down in quiet spells). At the end of last season, when I knew I had an adult and child seat spare, I walked up to a dad and his lad who were queuing up at the ticket office and asked if they fancied watching the game from the prem seats for free, which they took me up on. The reason I don't do this every week I have spares is because if I do that, the club loses out, do you think that's fair?

Each of those guys pays a lot of money for their seats to support the club in person when they can, but always financially when they can't attend. 1 of the guys has been once in 2 years, but continues to renew to support the club, and so that he can attend when he does get a chance.

We arent "corporates", we pay our own money, and what we choose to do is up to us. So, before accusing the club of selling out to corporates, and making assumptions on the empty seats, perhaps its not as simple as you think.

Ok then, heres my two penneth, because some of the comments p**s me off a little.

I am a season ticket holder in the Premier seating. I have been a season ticket holder in the prem since they moved us on the creation of the Premier club, but I am not a member of the premier club, and nor are my mates who have seats in the same row. I am neither a better fan, nor a worse one, for spending more than most other parts of the ground for my seat, I just choose to sit there because I can.

Now, I go pretty much every week, (as much as having a 1 year old and a 3 year old allows) and have done since I stood in the schoolboy enclosure 35 years ago., however, I look after all the tickets of my mates because most of them struggle to attend many games. Why? Well, not that its really peoples business but 1 lives in Italy, 1 in Devon & USA, 1 spends 80% of his time abroad and works weekends (if he's doing well) 1 lives near Birmigham but makes most games and the other is 2 years of age and doesn't have the concentration to attend games.

So, at most games, there is a maximum of 3 of us, meaning four empty seats. Sometimes there is 1, me, and I tend to look a little "billy no mates" with the 6 seats empty (on the plus side, I get to lie down in quiet spells). At the end of last season, when I knew I had an adult and child seat spare, I walked up to a dad and his lad who were queuing up at the ticket office and asked if they fancied watching the game from the prem seats for free, which they took me up on. The reason I don't do this every week I have spares is because if I do that, the club loses out, do you think that's fair?

Each of those guys pays a lot of money for their seats to support the club in person when they can, but always financially when they can't attend. 1 of the guys has been once in 2 years, but continues to renew to support the club, and so that he can attend when he does get a chance.

We arent "corporates", we pay our own money, and what we choose to do is up to us. So, before accusing the club of selling out to corporates, and making assumptions on the empty seats, perhaps its not as simple as you think.

It is fantastic that you and your friends support the club this way and have done so for such a long time.  Thank you from me.  Also, I understand why you don't hand out freebies every week but think it is a great gesture when you do so.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on some of the other ideas mentioned in this thread.  

1. Would you or your friends be willing to let the club know beforehand whether you were not going to attend a match?  In particular whilst capacity is reduced this might mean that more people could attend (this might also mean you are not "billy no-mates" at some games).  I'd see it working on the basis that unless you tell the club you're not attending it is assumed that you are.

2. Would it make a difference if perhaps you received a small refund or voucher of some sort in return for allowing your ticket to be resold?

It just seems a shame that a seat goes unused when someone such as your friend in Italy knows that they won't be attending.

I have a season ticket in the Premier area, but like a number of friends around me, work abroad a lot and see only a handful of games. 

The club have been paid for a season though not 4 or 5 games.

I shall get a cardborard cut out made so you feel less distressed. 

As long as you install some speaker system with pre-recorded chants. That would be acceptable. 

I've just said all this in the Saturday Ticket thread but it rarely seems to get a mention, so I thought it was worthy of a new thread.

First of all, I'll admit I gave up my Dolman ST after many years when we were relegated, partly out of despair, partly because my son & companion had gone off to Uni up North. So to an extent I will lose sympathy if I say I can't easily book good seats, especially with the redevelopment.

However, it does really bug me to see so many empty seats in the Premier seating area of the Williams. These have some of the best views in the ground, and are where I used to stand before "all seating" came to pass.

Their being empty gives the impression that we don't have enough fans to fill the area, when of course that is not true. At the time I write this (early hours of Wednesday), there is not a single seat available in the centre block of the Dolman for Saturday's MK Dons match. There are only singles left in most of the Dolman blocks, and most of those are in the "Gods".  The Premier seats are not for sale online as they are permanently "sold out".  But you and I know there will be plenty vacant on Saturday.

I'd really like it confirmed (ideally officially) what is going on here? I'm guessing that as we have no Executive boxes, they are sold as STs to Corporates and the like, who then rarely use them. Fair enough, in a sense, if they're paid for. But it's a shame that the unused seats can't be made available Why not have a system where the owners advise the club they will not be used (say 48 hours before kick off) so they can be resold?

There are similarities with the Wembley situation where there is a ring of best seats that are often empty, and I find it embarrassing that our club seems to have a parallel problem.

Any thoughts? 

The seats in the "Gods" as you put it are simply the best view at Ashton Gate.

is our current capacity really only 13600? nightmare,

When do MK dons tickets finish selling? as the seg could be moved which well free up a few hundred seats in tha atyeo on friday,

DL can you confirm?

It will be less after Christmans when the lower Dolman is removed, and won't increase significantly with the new South stand because of the Williams demolition.

IF we are promoted tickets could be quite scarce next season as well.

Must admit I thought empty seats had just not been sold. If they have been then well done to the people that bought them. Be nice if we could find a simple way of getting someone else in them if they aren't going to be used.

Not a serious suggestion but something along the lines of musical chairs ?

it would also provide a decent bit of pre match entertainment...... :blink:

It will be less after Christmans when the lower Dolman is removed, and won't increase significantly with the new South stand because of the Williams demolition.

IF we are promoted tickets could be quite scarce next season as well.

when the south stand is done it should be 16500 (according to the post)

which should be fine

Vacant comfy seats are a sore point for many ordinary fans.. Often denied a seat at all due to sellouts or long suffering ST holders perched week after week in uncomfortable cramped conditions staring longingly across the otherwise at rows of unoccupied comparative luxury. The Clubs should do something to relieve the unnecesary suffering of their loyal ST holders, the ones who brave all conditions week in week out to support their teams.

The corporates should be paying their premium for the guarantee of seats for every match, but should confirm intentions to use seats say 36 hours before said match, if no claim for the reserved seating is received then clubs can opt to resell said seats.

ST holders can apply for upgrades (small fee perhaps) to these vacant comfy seats, subject to production of a doctors note confirming said ST supporter is currently suffering the effects of painful hemorrhoids (suspected cause frequent sitting in uncomfortable expensive 'cheap' seats).. & would be greatly relieved if able to sit in a comfy, soft, upholstered seat with a grin on his face while taunting the poor sods squirming in the shit seats opposite. L 0 L ....... How's about it DL? ... It'd take ages to go through the 'piles' of applications though! :)

If it was Whistlehappy's Humming and Pointing song, it would need some sort of mechanical device to move the arms.

ffs... How many more times do I have to tell you I won't repeat myself and tell you anymore that the Shed End Stadium HUM & POINT is a sound & action by the masses led by the ShedMan.. Get ready to Hum Loudly & Point pointedly upon a sign from the shed.... Do Not Sing.. It Is NOT a 'king SONG!!

Top of table HUMdinger of a clash coming up this weekend COYR's we'll take all the POINTS we can get!!

There you go, I've said it again, dammit Pongo , I fall for it every bloodjy time, I sick of saying it ain't a bleeding song! :)

ffs... How many more times do I have to tell you I won't repeat myself and tell you anymore that the Shed End Stadium HUM & POINT is a sound & action by the masses led by the ShedMan.. Get ready to Hum Loudly & Point pointedly upon a sign from the shed.... Do Not Sing.. It Is NOT a 'king SONG!!

Top of table HUMdinger of a clash coming up this weekend COYR's we'll take all the POINTS we can get!!

There you go, I've said it again, dammit Pongo , I fall for it every bloodjy time, I sick of saying it ain't a bleeding song! :)

I'm not quite sure I understand. Could you please reiterate? 

Where are all these people going to sit?

Alot of LD regulars - like me - will have made their decision at the start of the season and got ST's for another part of the ground.

The others will have chosen a second seat higher up in the Dolman (or elsewhere) for the 2nd half of the season when renewing.

Archived