IGNORED

Premier Seating - Davel?

Leveller

I can't my head around, why in the year 2014, any fan is expected to sit the best part of 2 hours on hard plastic seats.

Why couldn't a whole stand have the same sort of seating as those in the Premier...?

They aren't so special...have been their years, so they are obviously durable.

It would have been great if our Club could have set a prescident and incorporated Premier type seating throughout the ground as well as the often discussed safe standing.

Set a president.... And do what MK Dons have had for several years and Brighton have in their new ground..?!

No thanks. Football is already to comfortable, killing the atmosphere.

This is weird. Has this thread had an effect?  Certainly they weren't available online before, or over the phone when I rang the ticket office on  Tuesday or Wednesday.

It's very interesting. Prem Seats DONT typically go on general sale, I certainly haven't seen that happen in anything other than cup games.

What that does suggest is that either this forum is the catalyst for change or, which I suggest is more likely, the club has a strategy to release tickets when a sell out is approaching and the reason that hasn't happened before is that we haven't been approaching a sell out for some time.

It's very interesting. Prem Seats DONT typically go on general sale, I certainly haven't seen that happen in anything other than cup games.

What that does suggest is that either this forum is the catalyst for change or, which I suggest is more likely, the club has a strategy to release tickets when a sell out is approaching and the reason that hasn't happened before is that we haven't been approaching a sell out for some time.

But why would they not sale seats at the premium price? That doesn't make sense, does it?

Goodness me. Does this mean that some of the corporates will be enjoying their cappuccinos and prawn and avocado on ciabatta sat next to some grubby oik?

Oh the humanity!

Goodness me. Does this mean that some of the corporates will be enjoying their cappuccinos and prawn and avocado on ciabatta sat next to some grubby oik?

Oh the humanity!

Based on my experience of corporate hospitality at football it's the opposite. Some, though not all, guests at corporate events regard it as an opportunity to knock back as much free booze as possible and behave in a rather rude way. They are the oiks!

Set a president.... And do what MK Dons have had for several years and Brighton have in their new ground..?!

Why not go the whole hog and remove the roofs from the stands? Standing in the rain on a freezing night in February will work wonders for the atmosphere.

I have been to Brighton, yes - in fact the atmosphere was excellent.

I've also been to plenty of grounds with nice seats and good atmosphere, and plenty with wooden cast-offs and bad atmosphere. Your correlation is nonsensical.

I went to Brighton our first season there and it was awful, so which game was excellent..?

For some reason the post I tried to create during the match didn't work, so I'm bumping the thread now.

It was great to see the Premier seats virtually full on Saturday - it made such a difference not to have a sea of empty red seats on view from the Dolman.  Ironically in my single seat in Dolman E (one of two or three available when I booked on Wednesday) I could reach out & touch seven empty ones; so yes there are lots of ST holders not turning up in other stands too (no complaints).

What intrigues me is that there were NO Premier seats on sale earlier in the week, as is usual. Suddenly, out of (guesstimating) 600, I understand 175 were made available online later in the week. Can someone clarify that? Does the club have a large chunk of Premier seats held back for scouts, guests etc that it usually doesn't sell, but is making available now that sellouts are more likely?

Before billywedlock jumps down my throat (yet again) for not buying a ST, this is a polite enquiry, not a moan!

I think you missed my point... No where is comfortable except the Prem seating.

If you are going to have seating...then at least make it comfortable with leg room.

If you want to stand...then make a safe standing area.

What's the point of having seating that's bloody uncomfortable, and where your knees are stuck in the back of the head of the person in front of you?

If I had a choice...I'd stand.

If I had to choose what was more comfortable...standing or sitting in the majority of seats at most grounds...I'd choose standing.

For some reason the post I tried to create during the match didn't work, so I'm bumping the thread now.

It was great to see the Premier seats virtually full on Saturday - it made such a difference not to have a sea of empty red seats on view from the Dolman.  Ironically in my single seat in Dolman E (one of two or three available when I booked on Wednesday) I could reach out & touch seven empty ones; so yes there are lots of ST holders not turning up in other stands too (no complaints).

What intrigues me is that there were NO Premier seats on sale earlier in the week, as is usual. Suddenly, out of (guesstimating) 600, I understand 175 were made available online later in the week. Can someone clarify that? Does the club have a large chunk of Premier seats held back for scouts, guests etc that it usually doesn't sell, but is making available now that sellouts are more likely?

Before billywedlock jumps down my throat (yet again) for not buying a ST, this is a polite enquiry, not a moan!

...... currently no Premier seats available online for Chesterfield.

It would be nice if the club could let us know whether some will be released in the last few days, if as expected the rest of the stadium will be pretty fully booked by then.

Archived