IGNORED

Bristol Badgers Baseball

JudgeRed

How long will it be before Bristol Badgers Baseball team become part of the Bristol Sport family? They play/train at Failand (City's training facilities). Play in the GB AAA league all around England. Southampton, Richmond, ect. Jon Lansdown is one of the founder members.  

You know what I never even thought about a Bristol baseball team. I don't really know anything about the sport but I'd welcome it if it did happen.  The higher profile all sport in Bristol (apart from non-league stuff of course) gets the better for all of us.

You know what I never even thought about a Bristol baseball team. I don't really know anything about the sport but I'd welcome it if it did happen.  The higher profile all sport in Bristol (apart from non-league stuff of course) gets the better for all of us.

A flying bird can only stretch it's wings so far.........

You know what I never even thought about a Bristol baseball team. I don't really know anything about the sport but I'd welcome it if it did happen. The higher profile all sport in Bristol (apart from non-league stuff of course) gets the better for all of us.

I'd love to see it. Quite fond of baseball.

How long will it be before Bristol Badgers Baseball team become part of the Bristol Sport family? They play/train at Failand (City's training facilities). Play in the GB AAA league all around England. Southampton, Richmond, ect. Jon Lansdown is one of the founder members.

Good shout and the Bristol Aztecs American football team as well.

The Pittsburgh Pirates have a feeder club called The Bristol Pirates, appropriately they play in the minor leagues.

It would be great if The Bristol Badgers were able to challenge the very best then it would genuinely be a World Series. Even pre late 1940s, winners of baseball's World Series couldn't even really call themselves the best team in the USA as the colour bar meant that black Americans played in the Negro leagues.

Be great if The Bristol Badgers played the Chicago White Sox in the 2019 World Series, then SL could bung them some dosh to lose it. Although it might be 100 years too late.

Those who say baseball is simply rounders obviously have no appreciation for the nuances of the sport. It's akin to saying that cricket is simply French cricket or snooker is simply marbles played with a stick.

Went to watch the New York Yankees play once. All very strange.

I think we were the only people that watched the whole game. Despite the match being sold out the stadium was half full at best at any given time as people seemed to turn up, watch a couple of innings, then leave again before the end.

The scoreboard also told everybody when to clap and cheer and there was no noise except general background conversation until these times.

It seemed more of an excuse for people to sit around drink beer and eat hotdogs than any actual supporting in a Football sense going on.

It was an experience, but not one that I would be bothered to repeat in a hurry.

I think we were the only people that watched the whole game. Despite the match being sold out the stadium was half full at best at any given time as people seemed to turn up, watch a couple of innings, then leave again before the end.

The scoreboard also told everybody when to clap and cheer and there was no noise except general background conversation until these times.

It seemed more of an excuse for people to sit around drink beer and eat hotdogs than any actual supporting in a Football sense going on.

It was an experience, but not one that I would be bothered to repeat in a hurry.

Yes, once went to a Charlotte Knights minor league game. The crowd was about 10,000 and most of them were fat rednecks wearing check shirts and dungerees. Biggest cheer was when someone in the crowd caught the ball.

People were coming out of the bar to watch the half time cheerleaders! 

It's the yanks version of Cricket? 

Sit around not really watching, drinking beer with your mates.

20/20 is different granted.

In all seriousness, why is this in the Football section of the forum? surely the non Football section is the place for this... :dunno:

Because the OP informed us of the links between this baseball club and Bristol City and posed the question of whether in the fullness of time the Badgers will come under the Bristol Sport umbrella. Also, Ashton Gate once staged baseball and there are many links between baseball and football the most obvious one being Derby County's original home.

Jeez there is always someone about trying to stifle freedom of speech! What will happen next? Will we have to go to different parts of the stadium to talk about things if they veer slightly away from the topic of football?

Because the OP informed us of the links between this baseball club and Bristol City and posed the question of whether in the fullness of time the Badgers will come under the Bristol Sport umbrella. Also, Ashton Gate once staged baseball and there are many links between baseball and football the most obvious one being Derby County's original home.

Jeez there is always someone about trying to stifle freedom of speech! What will happen next? Will we have to go to different parts of the stadium to talk about things if they veer slightly away from the topic of football?

Take a chill pill man, I simply asked a question

It's the yanks version of Cricket? 

Sit around not really watching, drinking beer with your mates.

20/20 is different granted.

I can see the comparison, apart from the fact that a baseball match takes about the same amount of time as a 20/20. Hardly an enormous attention span required.

I can see the comparison, apart from the fact that a baseball match takes about the same amount of time as a 20/20. Hardly an enormous attention span required.

Oh I thought it was like a test match, some movies seem to portray games as long slogs in the heat!

Would love to go, just to say I've been to Yankee stadium or somewhere similar.

Oh I thought it was like a test match, some movies seem to portray games as long slogs in the heat!

Would love to go, just to say I've been to Yankee stadium or somewhere similar.

They seem to play a whole series of matches against the same team on successive days. I saw the Yankees play (I think) Minneapolis and it was something like the 4th game in a series of 7. They seem to do it all season and not just for the world series or whatever it's called.

The game itself was over in about 3-4 hours.

And the bastards moved to a new stadium a couple of years ago so I can't even say I've been to their stadium now!

Why Bristol Aztecs? Could it be because the Aztecs put an L on the end over everything, like 'chocolatl' and smoked tobacco (or tobaccol)? Wasn't there an Aztec Bar made in Bristol?

That is what they are called.

American Football is on the rise in the UK again and would love to see some games at Ashton Gate in the Summer on the pitch

Love baseball.  I was an avid fan when I lived in Seattle, and went to see the Mariners many times.

One thing baseball has that football doesn't - a true family atmosphere, free from neanderthal chants full of 4-letter words.

It is also much more exciting than cricket, and the only thing it has in common with rounders is that they both use a diamond shape as a playing area.

Love baseball.  I was an avid fan when I lived in Seattle, and went to see the Mariners many times.

One thing baseball has that football doesn't - a true family atmosphere, free from neanderthal chants full of 4-letter words.

It is also much more exciting than cricket, and the only thing it has in common with rounders is that they both use a diamond shape as a playing area.

I am a Chicago White Sox fan myself and we are pretty awful ;)

Just to point out there is violence at Baseball games, the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry is renowned for it.

Archived