IGNORED

Jet

bs3

You mean they would run around a lot and look like they're "putting in a shift" (whatever the fk that means).

How many more times - it is not his game to run around to no effect.

He was there to occupy their defence not the other way around, and he was there to defend our box.

But if people prefer the British way, fine by me - carry on.

In the last few minutes the MK defenders had far to much time on the ball and we were making it easy for to mount attacks, our attackers should have been acting as our first line of defence by squeezing the space and working as a pair, not running round like headless chicken but working hard when you haven't got the ball.

Beginning to think Jets, wholly thoroughly familiar (now) cameo appearances at the arose end of games maybe due to some kind of contractual appearance money agreement rather than tactical decisions by Cotts.

Surely a tactical substitution should be made for tactical reasons that give the sub time to affect the game 15/20mins, seems pointless giving someone 5 mins (or less) unless its forced due to injury/disciplinary reasons . (or grudgingly due to some agreement or other).

Impact players need time to make an impact - don't they?

(Arse end not arose, bloody text thingy)

In the last few minutes the MK defenders had far to much time on the ball and we were making it easy for to mount attacks, our attackers should have been acting as our first line of defence by squeezing the space and working as a pair, not running round like headless chicken but working hard when you haven't got the ball.

That's a far more measured analysis than claiming he is the laziest, most unprofessional player to ever play for us on the basis of 4 minutes.

A bit less hysteria, eh? We beat the plastic gets, we're top of the league, COYR!

why dont we just wait until next saturday and see if Jets in the squad.

if hes dropped then ok,he didnt do as asked.

fwiw,i cant see how an 89th minute substitute can do more than come out and appear in front of the fans as a member of the team.. the rest of the team will be showered and changed before hes warmed up ready to play properly.

if it was more in defence cotts wanted surely el abd would have come on?

Think today we saw why he isnt a big part of SC's plans.

Freshest player on the pitch couldn't be bothered to run 5 yards to put in a challenge on a few occasions today. Gave it away cheaply on the half way line trying to take people on rather than putting it into the corner.

I get he was bought on to defend balls into the box from set pieces but would rather had seen Burns come on with energy and passion chasing lost causes.

I understand what you are saying. I thought Jet might have come on slightly earlier, especially when Wilbs was booked. We were under a lot of pressure in our box late on, but when the ball did get to Jet it just found its way back into our box again. Everyone was urging him to hold it up, run to the corner flag, anything but give it back.

Yes it's hard when you aren't in the team when it is successful, but I think Cotterill learns as much about the players who aren't playing as those that do.

Then why put JET on when that obviously isn't his game ?

As a pro footballer you should be able to adapt to the situation. Doing a job for the team to get s result should be the only thing that comes into a players mind. JET is more than capable of doing a job he may not like for 4 minutes if he wanted to.

Just because you're "talented " and a "match winner" doesn't mean you can't follow simple instructions and run around for 5 minutes to earn your wages. He was nothing short of a disgrace.

Yes, we won and yes, times are good in BS3 at the moment but to simply hark back at his record last season is missing the point. On his showing today we just don't need that kind of player/attitude.

There we go !

He runs around a lot so he's ok.

I take your point , I really do ,I m a fan of JETs . If he played the whole match and scored goals and did little else I would be a critical,however today he was never going to do that. He must be able to be a team player.

21 goals and about 15 assists is shite.

Beginning to think Jets, wholly thoroughly familiar (now) cameo appearances at the arose end of games maybe due to some kind of contractual appearance money agreement rather than tactical decisions by Cotts.

Surely a tactical substitution should be made for tactical reasons that give the sub time to affect the game 15/20mins, seems pointless giving someone 5 mins (or less) unless its forced due to injury/disciplinary reasons . (or grudgingly due to some agreement or other).

Impact players need time to make an impact - don't they?

(Arse end not arose, bloody text thingy)

It has been mentioned on here before that he may well have a Must Play clause in his contract and if he doesn't play then we actually have to pay him more - a ridiculous situation if true.

Wilbraham & Agard showed everything that JET the Herblife Salesman isn't. They were fantastic for over 80 mins - full of effort and hard work and defending from the front. JET couldn't be bothered to run more than 3 yards for the 5 mins that he was on the pitch - it was embarrassing & he just didn't seem to understand the importance of the situation. He is clearly not a 'winner' but rather a 'coaster' happy to do the least amount he can get away with. He needs to go in January but I don't see where as he ain't good enough for the Championship and we won't sell to a rival.

There we go !

He runs around a lot so he's ok.

21 goals and about 15 assists is shite.

Most of his goals came in the first half of last season when he was given a free role by SoD. Plenty of goals but the team performance was poor. Since Cotts took over and he's been asked to play in a way that benefits the team the goals have dried up.

As a pro footballer you should be able to adapt to the situation. Doing a job for the team to get s result should be the only thing that comes into a players mind. JET is more than capable of doing a job he may not like for 4 minutes if he wanted to.

So what job was he asked to do? Were you on the bench? Which part of a result did Jet fail to get?

He'll be gone in January for sure. Not just based on that.

I'm a massive JET fan but that was ridiculous given the magnitude of the game.

I disagree, I can't see anyone willing to take him off us. He will be here until the end of the season at least and I still think he has a lot to offer.

Not sure what you ate expecting. He came on for about 4 mins. honestly, you would think he put a deck chair out and sat down for 90 mins.

Well as we were up against it, I would kind of expect him to pitch in running, tackling, breaking up the Dongs attacks, generally assisting the rest of the team, almost all had played for what 86 mins, under a lot of pressure 2nd half. If 34 year old Wilabraham and Elliott can still be running, closing down, defending, I'd kinda expect the freshest player on the pitch to do the same. Not gently jogging around away from the action.

Cant argue bout the 4 minutes, it was hardly worth the bother, but putting a shift in regardless of time on the pitch shouldnt be beyond him.

Always been a big fan if Jets but his 3 or 4 mins on the pitch was a disgrace.

We were backs to the wall so all he had to do was non stop running for 3 mins, closing down and harassing MK players ,acting as our 1st line of defence.

What I saw was the laziest most ,unprofessional performance I have had to misfortune to witness from a City player.

I would nor worry or care if he ever played for our club again.

Really? After all the shite we've seen over the last few seasons you're prepared to dismiss a key player of last year on 4 minutes? Weren't at Notts C then? Oh yes of course silly me, we are top of league 1 so we are far too good for JET now.

The criteria you have to meet to be lauded as a Bristol City fans favourite....'run around lots' or 'put a shift in'. **** players that score 20 plus goals & 15 assists at L1 level! They grow on trees anyway.

I've always rated Jet but clearly something ain't right ..

From reports here of today's effortless effort .. (although a couple of mins is hardly motivating for anyone) ... doesn't excuse zero effort from a well paid pro.

Some ways its a shame the days of bog roll slinging are long gone... if we still done that at least Cotts would get something out of Jet's mini appearances... he could put him on to pick up paper like our old PE teacher used to do to us at school.

Come on Jet, take whatever chances you get, if you've got probs here don't just go through motions FORCE YOUR WAY BACK.. you could have great times if only you could fit into a winning side and turned the excitement back on... Lose the fans at your peril, if you only get two mins show everyone you're trying. Including potential future employers if your time here is up.. Its your future & your potential wages you should be fighting for.

(Still think if Cotts is gonna use you then a couple of mins is a bit futile tbh)

We are starting already to get to the stage were we are being lucky week in week out not being forced to make a change or two. Desperately hope when needed we see the JET of the first half of last year. At the moment its like he sees his 2 min games as taking the p somewhat.

Always been a big fan if Jets but his 3 or 4 mins on the pitch was a disgrace.

We were backs to the wall so all he had to do was non stop running for 3 mins, closing down and harassing MK players ,acting as our 1st line of defence.

What I saw was the laziest most ,unprofessional performance I have had to misfortune to witness from a City player.

I would nor worry or care if he ever played for our club again.

Oh **** off

I love JET but those minutes on the pitch today were a disgrace.

Agree and he's not doing himself any favours with performances like that but for some to say they don't want to see him play for the club again off the back of today is ridiculous. After all the shite and journeymen we've witnessed the last few years it's completely over the top

I love JET but those minutes on the pitch today were a disgrace.

What? How did he vex you so? A disgrace?

Get some perspective, he only touched the ball a few times and surprisingly didn't suddely morph into an all action, ball closing down collosus in the 4 minutes he was on.

The anti jet narrative amongst some has overtaken any rationality.

What? How did he vex you so? A disgrace?

Get some perspective, he only touched the ball a few times and surprisingly didn't suddely morph into an all action, ball closing down collosus in the 4 minutes he was on.

The anti jet narrative amongst some has overtaken any rationality.

We were all hands to the deck before he came on, desperately trying to keep hold of the ball, pressing as a unit and running down the clock.

JET when with the ball: lost it, when anywhere near an opponent with the ball: did nothing to stifle their progress. Just as we needed an all-out action man to run his ass off and perform intelligently for the closing minutes of the game we got JET who was, if anything, counter-productive an a liability. I almost felt players didn't want to give him the ball after his first few involvements as they knew if they did the side would soon be back under the cosh.

I've never felt I'm anti-JET but that is my analysis of his 'contribution' today.

We were all hands to the deck before he came on, desperately trying to keep hold of the ball, pressing as a unit and running down the clock.

JET when with the ball: lost it, when anywhere near an opponent with the ball: did nothing to stifle their progress. Just as we needed an all-out action man to run his ass off and perform intelligently for the closing minutes of the game we got JET who was, if anything, counter-productive an a liability. I almost felt players didn't want to give him the ball after his first few involvements as they knew if they did the side would soon be back under the cosh.

I've never felt I'm anti-JET but that is my analysis of his 'contribution' today.

I can see your point, but if an all action runner was what we needed, why did Cotts bring Jet on?

We all know he ain't that sort of player, and we didn't mind last year when he was roaming around keeping us up!

We all know Jacki didn't do much tracking back too eh?

Archived