IGNORED

Jet

bs3

Was genuinely surprised subs weren't used earlier today. Second half a number of City players looked tired and we needed fresh legs. As poster above suggests, JET isn't suddenly going to turn into Usain Bolt! Maybe the wrong sub for the role needed? He was frustrating but tbh if I had his track record at City and got to play the last two mins of every game In a role that was wrong for me I'd struggle too!

There we go !

He runs around a lot so he's ok.

21 goals and about 15 assists is shite.

yea his 21 goals and 15 assists were invaluable when we were  holding on by an odd goal against  one of the best teams in the league. fu ck it il take the warning point on here you are a fuc king moronic cun t

yea his 21 goals and 15 assists were invaluable when we were  holding on by an odd goal against  one of the best teams in the league. fu ck it il take the warning point on here you are a fuc king moronic cun t

No need for that whatsoever, we're all city fans. That sort of abuse is just a bit sad.

I can see your point, but if an all action runner was what we needed, why did Cotts bring Jet on?

We all know he ain't that sort of player, and we didn't mind last year when he was roaming around keeping us up!

We all know Jacki didn't do much tracking back too eh?

Not ITK enough to know but there's a contractual/appearance theory, there's a theory that, somehow, it was a tactical decision by Cotterill (lost on me) or maybe he's judging his attitude and effort in the circumstance.

Can't see him lasting here, but, desperate clubs who are relying on individual players to get something from nothing aside, I can't see many clubs bothering to take him on. Shame, given his talent with a football.

I don't think there's any truth in those rumours personally, Cotterill doesn't strike me as the sort of manager who would entertain that sort of bollocks.

Regarding the talent he has, there is no doubt about that, he can be exceptional. I guess that if he could apply himself more regularly he would be far out of our league.

I just think that the way people are moaning about him now (after 4 minutes) is a bit of a piss take, we knew what we were getting.

I don't think there's any truth in those rumours personally, Cotterill doesn't strike me as the sort of manager who would entertain that sort of bollocks.

Regarding the talent he has, there is no doubt about that, he can be exceptional. I guess that if he could apply himself more regularly he would be far out of our league.

I just think that the way people are moaning about him now (after 4 minutes) is a bit of a piss take, we knew what we were getting.

Well it boils down to not barracking the individual but the manager who selects him, then. And we're not going to do that as we happened to win an are top of the league.

'Frustrating' is defiantly the word an as I said, when you're holding on by tender hooks, an a player seems a liability, this frustration is expressed in the form of 'moaning'.

If it's any consolation, the counter-piss take was watching City hanging on and accommodating a player who seemed counter-productive to the course - even if it was only for 6 minutes. A very critical six minutes, I might add.

No need for that whatsoever, we're all city fans. That sort of abuse is just a bit sad.

I really don't care what you think pal its so tiring people trying to defend certain players (not just JET) and using last seasons stats ,

for the record I think JET is far and away the best player in league 1 but the fact remains he played fu cking woefully whilst he was on the park today

cotterill would have no say as JEt signed for us before cotts was manager

I really don't care what you think pal its so tiring people trying to defend certain players (not just JET) and using last seasons stats ,

for the record I think JET is far and away the best player in league 1 but the fact remains he played fu cking woefully whilst he was on the park today

Regardless of differing points of view, I just think it's a bit out of order to start abusing people on the basis of their opinion.

No row with you, just don't like to see it when we're all City fans and we're top of the league. No need to start name calling,

But whatever, hope you have a good night.

True....in fact he didn't do anything at all, he adds nothing to the team. Undoubtably the most skilful player at the club but puts no effort in,so frustrating but as others have said I would not be playing him, his lack of effort is highlighted even more now among this team of such hardworking players.

It was the wrong sort of game for JET to make an impact. They are a good side that dominated possession as an away side , not many teams will do that to us this year. It meant we needed players that were willing to work to get the ball back, I would have put , Wagstaff maybe Pack ( Cue derision ) on to try and limit space in midfield.

We were already misplacing too many passes and giving the ball away cheaply, all JET added was someone who didn't chase to get it back.

On a day where we're keeping the ball better and keeping possession better JET could be important.  

At the moment we are winning through hard work , I think there is more to come in terms of quality. When we cut out the poor misplaced passes we will win games easier , with less stress .

I can't help feeling a lot of this thread is basically criticising JET for being JET.  I've no idea what Cotts did or didn't tell him to do yesterday but - if he was asked to charge about chasing defenders then he's clearly not the player to do that.

I feel for JET.  I think he's firstly a confidence player and struggles for motivation when he's not playing a key role in things and secondly a trequartista, which is a type of player that seldom fits into British football and certainly doesn't fit within our current system.  It's easy to say that he should learn to be more disciplined but I think his whole game relies on him being instinctive and effortless in what he does.

I've said this before but I also suspect that a lot of what the fans view as laziness is actually the lack of confidence of someone who isn't really clear on how he fits into the team and isn't sure he can do what's being asked of him.  I think he knows full well Cotts wouldn't have signed him and doesn't particularly rate him and, whilst I don't mean that as a criticism of Cotterill at all, I do think it leaves JET as someone who's stranded and needs to move on so we can get someone who fits in with the work rate and style that Cotts is looking for.

It's a shame as JET is the most skillful player we've had since Dziekanowski but I'd rather he moved on and found a club where the team can build itself around him and allow him to express himself without having to do the defensive legwork rather than see him be continually berated for the fact he's a square peg being asked to fit into a round hole.

Always been a big fan if Jets but his 3 or 4 mins on the pitch was a disgrace.

We were backs to the wall so all he had to do was non stop running for 3 mins, closing down and harassing MK players ,acting as our 1st line of defence.

What I saw was the laziest most ,unprofessional performance I have had to misfortune to witness from a City player.

I would nor worry or care if he ever played for our club again.

I wonder what that genius who thought he was the man to see games out still thinks that.

Im a big fan of JET's and have been hoping he would get a bit more game time. However when he came on yesterday he had a few opportunities to relieve some pressure, close them down and put himself about a bit, he did none of this. He won a good defensive header in his, and it must be hard to get into a game with so little time remaining and having played so little. I would have liked to have seen a bit more determination from him though.

Slightly harsh but, yes, a very lacklustre performance. Has he ever heard of Herbalife? Could help, apparently...

Actually if he is using that stuff it would be the reason he has no energy, Herbalife call it detoxification process, when really you are ill because your body is deprived of proper nutrition, let's hope his team mates don't get pulled in. 

JET, we all know, is a luxury player. Capable of sublime football. He's as good, if not better, than Jacki.

The problem is English football ain't about luxury players, certainly not at League 1 level. Cotts has got it right, to get out of this league you need committed individuals, playing high tempo, pressing style of football. Leaders and winners only, who are super fit and prepared to bust a gut for the team.

JET needs to look at himself. He knows he has enormous talent and that's his problem. He thinks he can coast and his one or two pieces of magic will get him through. We all saw the problem of building a team around a luxury player. Bottom, by some distance, of League 1.

Luke Freeman may not be quite up to JETs talent (yet) but he's a far more valuable player for the team. If only JET could adopt a work ethic similar to Luke and others.

Is JET up for it? I wish he was.

Archived