IGNORED

Even Tho They're Winning You Gotta Feel Sorry For Wimbledon...

BS4 on Tour...

They've had to travel to MK Dons three times in cup competitions in recent years.

Imagine having to face the ******** who stole your identity on more than one occasion.

And it took an original Dons campaign to get their honours restored to AFC Wimbledon - eg the 1988 FA cup win.

Can't help feeling sorry for the Wimbledon fans, I know a few original Plough Lane regulars and although they freely admit their fan base is limited they are a passionate bunch.

Loved their chant at MK during the FA cup match - "where were you when you were us?!"

I've had experience of this North of the border as well, anyone who knows me on here knows I'm also a Partick Thistle nut for reasons I won't go into now. Anyway, i've been to see Thistle away at Clydebank on more than one occasion, and loved it, little known fact but Clydebank had the first all seater stadium in Britain and their fans were great guys, they were even sponsored by the 'class' band Wet Wet Wet!

So, Airdrie suddenly sense problems on the financial front, prey on Clydebank, take them over and basically change their name to Airdrie FC, unbelievable. The 'Bankies' fans are left without a club.

The next time Partick played 'Airdrie' it went bang off over this violation. I was there and witnessed the depressing scenes as Thistle's staunch fans expressed their outrage at Airdire swallowing up the proud Clydebank club.

The sad Airdrie fans unfurled a Chelsea flag and started chanting 'England' as it is well known they are Chelsea-Linfield-Rangers wannabees who want to join the club.

Unfortunately it just attracted the aggression of the Thistle fans and a day turned sour.

Clubs preying on/taking over other clubs' identities just doesn't seem to work, that's all.

Cheers!

Indeed. As a former Wimbledonian, I'll never refer to them as "Dons", in fact the club name makes no sense really when you think about it.

Unfortunately, the seeds of the decline of the original Wimbledon FC were sowed by Hammam's decision that you couldn't convert Plough Lane to all-seater (you could) and that a 20,000-seater new stadium was required. When the sale of the Plough Lane site to a suupermarket was blocked, and the council changed to Tory control and brought up objections to the new stadium scheme [does this sound a bit familiar to people  ;) ]  Wimbledon fans were faced with the very difficult - emotionally and physically - journey to Selhurst Park. Located in a vile part of London, it was the beginning of the end. The Norwegians just screwed the lid down on the coffin IMO.

The one club I would want to see wiped out completely.

As long as I have a hole in my arse, I will never travel to MK Dons and give that club one penny of my money.

Ronaldochester United would be a good place to start ... and 'no' i'm not a Man City fan

Just searched mk Dons on Twitter. Fans from clubs all over the country, all over the moon that Wimbledon beat Milton Keynes.

They really are not liked are they. Spotted Wimbledon fans asking for other clubs to call them Milton Keynes and not Dons as it upsets them.

They get upset because someone calls them the 'dons'? What a sad bunch of people...

MK have as much right to call themselves Dons as they would Athletic, Rovers, Argyle, United. But I for one will never refer to them as Dons, they are not the Dons like Wimbledon are.

I refuse to accept MK as a proper football club and will not do so until they accept what they did was unethical and drop Dons from their name as Wimbledon are asking them to do. I will not travel to stadium MK either for the same principle.

To bring you up to speed Pete Winkleman has recently been interviewed by talksport and conceded if he could turn back time he would not of taken Wimbledon to MK and now understands it was not the right thing to do. I think PW was naive to football's traditions and historical values and genuinely didn't realise the impact at the time but until MK fully acknowledge that, they are just a franchise who I hope implode and stadium MK becomes derelict.

MK have as much right to call themselves Dons as they would Athletic, Rovers, Argyle, United. But I for one will never refer to them as Dons, they are not the Dons like Wimbledon are.

I refuse to accept MK as a proper football club and will not do so until they accept what they did was unethical and drop Dons from their name as Wimbledon are asking them to do. I will not travel to stadium MK either for the same principle.

To bring you up to speed Pete Winkleman has recently been interviewed by talksport and conceded if he could turn back time he would not of taken Wimbledon to MK and now understands it was not the right thing to do. I think PW was naive to football's traditions and historical values and genuinely didn't realise the impact at the time but until MK fully acknowledge that, they are just a franchise who I hope implode and stadium MK becomes derelict.

Probably because it's not worked out. At best they can muster 10k when doing well and in the time they've been in MK, AFC are a division behind and have planning to build a new stadium in Merton. His admission is probably a case of him realising it wasn't worth it.

I am sure that before they moved to milton, did they not try to move the club to Dublin, but it was blocked by the FA.

This is correct.

An old song that was sang at Shitehurst:

WE ALL KNOW WHERE WE'VE COME FROM 

AND WHERE WE WANNA GO

WE WANNA GO TO MERTON 

BUT THE COUNCIL JUST SAY NO

SO FOR 10 LONG YEARS WE'VE BEEN SHARING THIS HOLE WITH PALACE

PALACE? 

WHO THE **** ARE PALACE!?!

Latterly songs became a little more sinister, to reflect the board's ideas:

Ohhhhh Charles Coppell: I wanna knoooooooww why you're such a c##t?

And:

KILL OUR CLUB 

WE'LL KILL YOUR WIFE 

WE'LL KILL HER WITH A STANLEY KNIFE

X2

KILL OUR CLUB

WE'LL KILL YOUR MUM

WE'LL SHOOT HER WITH

A ******* GUN

X2

KILL OUR CLUB

WE'LL KILL YOUR CAT

WE'LL HIT WITH A BASEBALL BAT

X2

So feelings were running high . . . . . 

Can't find the image but the caption read "It's a community thing.  Wimbledon Football Club belongs in Wimbledon"

second bit of great news from last night - completely unrelated I know but Gloucester City FC got outline planning permission to return to their old / new ground in....Gloucester! Can you tell where I'm from?!

Was a great bit of news that Stevey, been too long the Tigers have been away from the City. Not been to watch them since I was at school, quarter of a century now!, will have no excuses when they are back in town.....as long as it doesn't clash with the rugby, of course!

Probably because it's not worked out. At best they can muster 10k when doing well and in the time they've been in MK, AFC are a division behind and have planning to build a new stadium in Merton. His admission is probably a case of him realising it wasn't worth it.

This season they are in the top 6 and have an average of 7,906.  Considering MK is quite a large place now (220k) and they haven't really got much competition nearby that is pretty poor.

Thanks for the OP. I was aware that Clydebank had suddenly disappeared, but didn't know why.

About 30 years ago, one of the then owners wanted to merge Oxford and Reading with three out of every four home games to be played at Oxford. At the time Oxford were at least one division above Reading. The new team would be named "Thames Valley Royals". Neither set of fans was happy with this, particularly the Reading fans who saw it as a take over, not a merger.

Thanks for the OP. I was aware that Clydebank had suddenly disappeared, but didn't know why.

About 30 years ago, one of the then owners wanted to merge Oxford and Reading with three out of every four home games to be played at Oxford. At the time Oxford were at least one division above Reading. The new team would be named "Thames Valley Royals". Neither set of fans was happy with this, particularly the Reading fans who saw it as a take over, not a merger.

That was the newspaper guy who 'went for a swim' and never came back, can see his face, but can't think of his name for the life of me.....someone help me, please!

Archived