IGNORED

Cheltenham Vs City Jpt Official Matchday Thread

JamesBCFC

Never mind Aizoon Bar, he's a long time fan but there will no doubt be 20,000 'City supporters' who will be attending their first game of the season if we get to the JPT final...and won't bother to watch City again until we get to the next one.

Meanwhile some regular City fans will boycott the final and save their money to support the team in important League fixtures.

Enjoy your big day out though, and don't forget to take ALL the family with you and sing :chant6ez: Hi Ho Silver Lining :chant6ez: at the top of your voices to the opposition fans, plus anything else the nauseating loudmouth on the tannoy thinks is appropriate.

Of course I would go. A rate chance to see my lower league club playing at our national stadium in front of a large crowd... To right I'd be there.

Arguably the JPT final is actually a more "enjoyable" day out than a play off final. No pressure, doesn't ultimately really matter what the result is. You just enjoy the showpiece event, whereas a play off final is gut wrenching to lose and spoils the day. The whole season in fact.

I don't go away to places like Crewe, Wallsall, Chesterfield etc, only to not go when we get a bit of a prestigious game at Wembley. Whatever the competition.

• Admin

Of course I would go. A rate chance to see my lower league club playing at our national stadium in front of a large crowd... To right I'd be there.

Arguably the JPT final is actually a more "enjoyable" day out than a play off final. No pressure, doesn't ultimately really matter what the result is. You just enjoy the showpiece event, whereas a play off final is gut wrenching to lose and spoils the day. The whole season in fact.

I don't go away to places like Crewe, Wallsall, Chesterfield etc, only to not go when we get a bit of a prestigious game at Wembley. Whatever the competition.

Agree 100% with you here, the JPT is the only cup we are likely to win at the moment.

Enjoy it whilst we are in it, hopefully won't be entering it for many years to come . . .

Can kind of understand someone not wanting to go to an earlier round, due to the nature of the competition. But did people really stay away from the Gas game last season, and would people honestly not go to Wembley if City got there ? I find it hard to believe that a supporter would not choose to go

The old Wembley was a huge disappointment, although you could see that it had been special in its day, and the new Wembley is a plastic money sink, pure and simple. Incidentally, I loved the Millennium Stadium. For some reason, it had an atmosphere that's totally lacking at Wembley now.

None of that would be relevant if we were playing in a pray-off final or a serious cup final. They could play it at Brunton Park and I'd be there.

No Aaron was saying he would play JET instead of Freeman for the Chesterfield game.

No, I said I would be tempted to give JET a start. You can look at it two ways, 1) Freeman has played well so doesn't deserve to be dropped. Or 2) JET had a great game which should merit a start in the league. As far as I'm concerned they both have similar attributes but JET provides more goals, whereas Freeman gives you that extra work rate.

Perhaps he had Radio Bristol on in the background?

I won't be going to the 'Piss Pot Final' if we get there either, by the way.

Interesting.

I live miles away from Ashton Gate (abroad) and only make a few home games a year.

For me, it is a special, one-off and expensive effort, when, every X years, we make Wembley.

I always go though.

No, I said I would be tempted to give JET a start. You can look at it two ways, 1) Freeman has played well so doesn't deserve to be dropped. Or 2) JET had a great game which should merit a start in the league. As far as I'm concerned they both have similar attributes but JET provides more goals, whereas Freeman gives you that extra work rate.

Pack, Wagstaff and Cunningham all had good games too, should they all start as well? For me don't fix that's broken. Keep the same team that's taken us to the top of the league.

Pack, Wagstaff and Cunningham all had good games too, should they all start as well? For me don't fix that's broken. Keep the same team that's taken us to the top of the league.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, I would happily keep the same side. Just tempted to start JET as for me he was a stand out performer last night, and is probably our most gifted player. We all know the problems that he brings as well though.

Never mind Aizoon Bar, he's a long time fan but there will no doubt be 20,000 'City supporters' who will be attending their first game of the season if we get to the JPT final...and won't bother to watch City again until we get to the next one.

Meanwhile some regular City fans will boycott the final and save their money to support the team in important League fixtures.

Enjoy your big day out though, and don't forget to take ALL the family with you and sing :chant6ez:  Hi Ho Silver Lining :chant6ez:  at the top of your voices to the opposition fans, plus anything else the nauseating loudmouth on the tannoy thinks is appropriate.

That was one of the most infuriating things in my life.

I had travelled miles (from overseas) to watch the game and had explained to my then girlfriend (now {and still} my beloved wife) that she would hear some 50,000 (half the crowd) sing 'Drink up thee Cider' and then ....

Playing devils advocate here, but I thought Freeman had one of his poorer games against Walsall on Saturday, people point to the fact that he came off and we conceded straight away, but that was just coincidence imo. The way JET played last night i'd give him a go from the start, if its not working we have Freeman to recall.

That was one of the most infuriating things in my life.

I had travelled miles (from overseas) to watch the game and had explained to my then girlfriend (now {and still} my beloved wife) that she would hear some 50,000 (half the crowd) sing 'Drink up thee Cider' and then ....

It took my then girlfriend (now {and still} my beloved wife) and she asked "I thought they played in red. Isn't it Rovers than play in blue"? :argh:

Mind you, I only take her to finals at Lord's and Wembley ;)

Impressed last night with the whole performance... very professional as a whole. JET and Korey Smith were the standout players and really it could've been more than 3.

Loved the chant of 'shoes off, if you hate the Gas' and the whole left hand side of the stand waving their shoes in the air :)

A deadly insult in Horfield. The minority with shoes mock the majority without :nono:

Kind of my view too.

I don't go to many away games these days, but when I did I didn't ajudge them on whether I liked the stadium architecture or how much a pint cost in the ground. I did it on merit.

We aren't likely to win the FA or league cup any time soon. Tinpot or not, the JPT is a bit of silverware for the club, a small feather in our caps. And as BBS says, it's a stress-free day out.

It doesn't need to hold weight - it's what I believe. And I will go down the Gate after we've lost our first game. I have no intention of putting the kibosh on our undefeated run.

did this when glos won the dayers , let me know if horace wants a day out, crb checked and hrb checked , wife not but nother story

Archived