IGNORED

Early Leavers....

Vincent Vega

I was wondering when this would re appear. Been longer than I thought.

I've never left early (actually I lie, Cardiff at home once I'd had enough) - but some do. May need to work, can't afford to be in traffic etc.

Up to them.

As long as they don't block my view I don't care. Just enjoy it man and let others regret leaving if they do...

I have never understood early leaving and never will. How many times in the history of football have there been late, game-changing goals?

What on earth is it that all these people have to get home for in such a rush that they are willing to sacrifice even a small percentage of the very thing they have paid to see?

Barmy.

I was thinking this when the Dolman was pouring out with ten minutes left. Yeah, yeah I know some people need to get away, I used to have to leave to get to work, but not everyone!

There were a lot escaping with a good amount of time left , no one blocked my view and it's their prerogative , just seems strange. 

In fairness, at least they bother going in the first place. Unlike many on here!

Plenty of very valid reasons for not going to every game, not least of all financial ones. When I don't go it's not because I can't be "bothered".

However, leaving early when you've already paid to be there is much harder to explain - save for the odd individual who needs to get to work.

Just imagine if you were a Sheffield UTD fan.

1-0 down, leave with 5 minutes left and hear the cheers (twice in the 90th minute) as you get outside the ground, only to get in the car and hear that Orient have got an even later equaliser!

I've always wondered if anyone left the Nou Camp early in the 1999 Champions League final . Bound to have been one or two...

Just imagine if you were a Sheffield UTD fan.

1-0 down, leave with 5 minutes left and hear the cheers (twice in the 90th minute) as you get outside the ground, only to get in the car and hear that Orient have got an even later equaliser!

My neighbour here is. I get him the papers on a Sunday, looking forward to seeing him.

He'll be kicking his ferret up and down the road tonight...

In fairness he's said to me every time he has watched them they've been awful.

He actually wants them to get Ched Evans back in the team.

Plenty of very valid reasons for not going to every game, not least of all financial ones. When I don't go it's not because I can't be "bothered".

However, leaving early when you've already paid to be there is much harder to explain - save for the odd individual who needs to get to work.

I'm aware that there are reasons. But you know as well as I do that many just don't bother.

Why does this topic keep cropping up? It doesn't matter when people leave, it's what they do when they're at the match that counts. There are plenty of people who stay until the end, but they spend the entire match looking at and shouting at the away supporters! They actually watch far less than those who leave a few minutes early.

In fairness, at least they bother going in the first place. Unlike many on here!

I think that's out of order.

I have a ST myself, so I do not come under that category, but I'm sure 90% of fans who can't go, isn't due to the reason that they 'can't be bothered to.' As I said, I'm lucky enough to have a season ticket, but my Father cannot make it to every game, but whenever he has spare money from a month, he goes.

Football is ridiculously priced nowadays, and he had a ST for 16 years straight, and has been a big fan for 40 years, so can you criticise people who can't go to football week in week out due to personal reasons? I don't think so.

Archived