IGNORED

Early Leavers....

Vincent Vega

as soon as the yellow gates open in the dolman i go pitchside  and don't leave untill final whistle but all the people that do leave and miss a winning or equalising goal so what, if they really support city they are just as happy we are all supporters just different

Looks so embarrassing seeing a stand half empty at 2-2 in what had been a thoroughly entertaining game.

And as others have said, if you're gonna go, get on with it. Don't leave and then take 10 minutes to get out of the ground blocking everyone's view. If you're that worried about missing something stay sat down!!

I've always wondered if anyone left the Nou Camp early in the 1999 Champions League final . Bound to have been one or two...

I lived in Manchester for 12 years and there are loads of stories of people leaving before the end... getting back in when the cheer for the first goal went in just managing to see the winner... my mate was one of them!

I don't leave early if I can help it, however I have had to on occasions. Earlier this season I missed Agard's first goal for us as I had to get home to attend my end of season cricket presentation, I used to have to leave early to get a train back to university, people have other things in their lives they have to do other than watch football but at least the people have made the effort to get to the game in the first place and should be allowed to leave if they have to without being blasted for it by people who don't even know why they're leaving.

When the Dolman has been redeveloped, what will those of you that leave their seat early, to 'stand at the front 'til the final whistle', do. The exit will not be at the front, but by steps back into the underside of the stand.

Sit in their seats and watch the end of the game.  The only reason people leave early is because it takes so long to get out after the final whistle - 10-15 minutes.  When it's redeveloped that won't be an issue.

Its annoying when fans are walking down the steps from the stands, then just stop in their tracks on the steps when a chance on goal developes totally blocking out any view.

that's true!! it pisses me off because I sit on the end of a row and if I tell them to sit down all I get is verbals

my dad must hold the record he tried to get out after 20 mins!!

we were 4.0 down to oxford. but to be fair that ended up as the final score!!!

Nope. I can beat that. Some bloke near us walked out after 9 mins at Swindle when we conceded our THIRD. Only he wasnt allowed out and had to endure a 3-2 loss in which Akinbiyi shouldve scored 6 and won us the game comfortably.

Nope. I can beat that. Some bloke near us walked out after 9 mins at Swindle when we conceded our THIRD. Only he wasnt allowed out and had to endure a 3-2 loss in which Akinbiyi shouldve scored 6 and won us the game comfortably.

We should have got a draw that day - think we hit the bar near the end when it looked easier to score.

Not sure I have seen us losing a game by 3 in the first 10 minutes before.

I have never understood early leaving and never will. How many times in the history of football have there been late, game-changing goals?

What on earth is it that all these people have to get home for in such a rush that they are willing to sacrifice even a small percentage of the very thing they have paid to see?

Barmy.

Couldn't agree more. Really does baffle me in all honesty.

I don't leave early if I can help it, however I have had to on occasions. Earlier this season I missed Agard's first goal for us as I had to get home to attend my end of season cricket presentation, I used to have to leave early to get a train back to university, people have other things in their lives they have to do other than watch football but at least the people have made the effort to get to the game in the first place and should be allowed to leave if they have to without being blasted for it by people who don't even know why they're leaving.

This! Every tuesday/wednesday game I've got to leave 10 mins early to ensure I get back in time to start a night shift with a 40 min drive straight to work. People leave for a variaty of reasons so I can't see how others can knock people when they have'nt got a clue why! Some of us put in alot of effort coming to a game full well knowing we can't watch all of it.

I remember missing a few late goals when we were in the championship which was annoying but real life takes priority!

This! Every tuesday/wednesday game I've got to leave 10 mins early to ensure I get back in time to start a night shift with a 40 min drive straight to work. People leave for a variaty of reasons so I can't see how others can knock people when they have'nt got a clue why! Some of us put in alot of effort coming to a game full well knowing we can't watch all of it.

I remember missing a few late goals when we were in the championship which was annoying but real life takes priority!

No one is knocking you if you have to leave to get to work; of course that's different. But there is no way that the vast majority of those leaving the Dolman at 4:40ish on a Saturday are doing it because they have to go to work. It's those who leave just to save a few minutes getting out that I can't understand. It just seems silly to risk missing a goal, particularly when the game is on a knife edge like yesterday, just for the sake of getting home a little bit sooner.

I've been sitting in the Dolman for years, never left early regardless of the score, and I've never really been that bothered by a few minutes wait to get out at the end.

Archived