IGNORED

Running Away With It?

reddogkev

Oh well, but wasn't it you that called a fellow red a moron for having a opinion that didn't meet with yours? You come over as a pretty negative person who seems to think City's success is down to luck, and you think also we will finish out of the top 6, you might be right, but for the love of God we have had it so bad for the last few seasons I don't want to listen to your doom mongering lectures...Naa You Get a Life :yes:

No, quite the opposite. I called him a moron because he called me a plonker just for expressing an opinion.

Why make things up? I said we are probably among the top five teams and will stay there- and I didn't say we wouldn't be top.

I just don't believe we are far and away the best team in the league, will go unbeaten all season and end up with 107 points, which is what would happen if you extrapolated the results so far.

Do you ? No? So why accuse me of doom mongering? I've just expressed similar opinions to many others in the thread TBH, so don't understand the vicious replies.

OK then just outside the play off's and another season in the lower leagues, what a miserable prediction, we cannot play great football every time, sometimes we have to dig deep for the win, that is a sign of Champions, cheer up we are top of the league!!!

I'm not being miserable or pessimistic but on the performances ive seen i am not convinced yet that we have enough

I've bet on City to win the league... I'm still not convinced yet.

As has been pointed out...we have sprinted out of the blocks and leading the first lap of a 1500m race...anything can happen.

Some people are going to look really stupid if we do slip up.

As always...very little realism on this forum...either we a great are rubbish... we always get extremes.

Enjoy being top of the league...but only a fool would stick their head in the sand and not acknowledge our weaknesses.

As has been pointed out...we have sprinted out of the blocks and leading the first lap of a 1500m race...anything can happen.

As always...very little realism on this forum...either we a great are rubbish... we always get extremes.

Enjoy being top of the league...but only a fool would stick their head in the sand and not acknowledge our weaknesses.

Sorry Spuski, there's been measured opinion on this very page.

Don't take things so seriously.... no one's going to look stupid for being optimistic after the start we've had, whatever happens.

Sorry Spuski, there's been measured opinion on this very page.

By some...but still the same old insults thrown around because someone had a difference of opinion.

Read a lot of topics on here, and it's over the top...we are top of the league and getting results...but we could still improve our performances and start to stamp our authority in games. Even SC has mentioned we've been lucky in games and that you need a certain amount of luck to win the League.

Optimism is fine based on results...but based on performance...I'm still not convinced.

No denying it's a tremendous start.... but reading this forum sometimes, you'd think we've already won the league.

Measured quiet optimism based on results and improving performance...and a little luck ;)

Our position at the moment is flattering, because we have not really dominated many games, just got through by a whisker.

Today was a good example. It was such a seesaw game, it's difficult to say which was the better team.

Sometime our luck will turn and we will

lose a few. We're not a cut above the other teams in the league.

Quite the opposite to be fair, if you win games not at your best, then you are where you are on merit and it means you are capable of better. I personally think we'll win the league with over 100pts this season. 

I'm not being miserable or pessimistic but on the performances ive seen i am not convinced yet that we have enough

Well looking at the table and the points we have it looks like we do have enough, if you say we have averaged 2.3 points a game we would need a real downturn in fortune/form to not make at least the top 6. But you said looking at the performances,, well look at them again, OK we had to overcome three good teams recently and have taken 7 points, you might have concerns if they were poor opposition but we had to play well, or well enough. Besides I think we can play better, and Cotts said as much that it will take at least 10 matches, they are a young team and will get better.

Well looking at the table and the points we have it looks like we do have enough, if you say we have averaged 2.3 points a game we would need a real downturn in fortune/form to not make at least the top 6. But you said looking at the performances,, well look at them again, OK we had to overcome three good teams recently and have taken 7 points, you might have concerns if they were poor opposition but we had to play well, or well enough. Besides I think we can play better, and Cotts said as much that it will take at least 10 matches, they are a young team and will get better.

i would be very worried if we couldn't play better than yesterday plus its far far too early to say we are going to go up yet. As people have mentioned many times tranmere, Peterborough and Leyton orient all had starts that matched or bettered ours within the last 2 seasons and only one of those teams is no longer in league one- not only that but they are bottom of league 2

No, quite the opposite. I called him a moron because he called me a plonker just for expressing an opinion.

Why make things up? I said we are probably among the top five teams and will stay there- and I didn't say we wouldn't be top.

I just don't believe we are far and away the best team in the league, will go unbeaten all season and end up with 107 points, which is what would happen if you extrapolated the results so far.

Do you ? No? So why accuse me of doom mongering? I've just expressed similar opinions to many others in the thread TBH, so don't understand the vicious replies.

To remind you calling someone a moron and then me to get a life seems pretty aggressive, cant see you had too much incoming to justify that.

You don't believe we are the best team in the league, well who knows, apparently we are at the moment being top and all that, throw in Manager of The Month and you must admit the facts prove you wrong...But of course we have dips in form, and we might even lose a match, but I have been supporting this Club long enough to realise we are very much winners. Ask the bookies, ask the football pundits, they all believe we are the best. 

But you don't. :shifty:

To remind you calling someone a moron and then me to get a life seems pretty aggressive, cant see you had too much incoming to justify that.

You don't believe we are the best team in the league, well who knows, apparently we are at the moment being top and all that, throw in Manager of The Month and you must admit the facts prove you wrong...But of course we have dips in form, and we might even lose a match, but I have been supporting this Club long enough to realise we are very much winners. Ask the bookies, ask the football pundits, they all believe we are the best. 

You can't have been supporting very long if, on the whole, you think we're winners! If only. Maybe this year eh? I'd like that as much as you. But like many others, I'm not buying the hype that we're going to walk the league just yet.

And look I haven't insulted anybody who didn't insult me first. One guy called me a plonker for no reason, so I bit back. Then, unprovoked, you told the world I clearly knew nothing about football. So what do you expect - thanks? Just who is being aggressive here?

You can't have been supporting very long if, on the whole, you think we're winners! If only. Maybe this year eh? I'd like that as much as you. But like many others, I'm not buying the hype that we're going to walk the league just yet.

And look I haven't insulted anybody who didn't insult me first. One guy called me a plonker for no reason, so I bit back. Then, unprovoked, you told the world I clearly knew nothing about football. So what do you expect - thanks? Just who is being aggressive here?

I have been supporting City since Big John was banging them in...and it has taken it's toll through the years, sure the big promotion was fantastic, and there have been some good runs in the past, more recently under GJ some 10 years ago, but this is a team brim full of confidence and despite being a bit of a half empty type I reckon Cotts has built a good team full of youngsters that can get us promoted this year, BUT we all need the confidence in that we can do it, on and off the field, no room for Doubting Thomas's here...just Believe.

I think we will have a much better idea come the end of November but impressed with commitment and attitude -- think we have been winning games so far rather less comfortably than the league table indicates. Also think though we have not seen the best of this team.

Still confused but happier than for many a season.

I have been supporting City since Big John was banging them in...and it has taken it's toll through the years, sure the big promotion was fantastic, and there have been some good runs in the past, more recently under GJ some 10 years ago, but this is a team brim full of confidence and despite being a bit of a half empty type I reckon Cotts has built a good team full of youngsters that can get us promoted this year, BUT we all need the confidence in that we can do it, on and off the field, no room for Doubting Thomas's here...just Believe.

Well said sir. I too have been around since the season before Atyeo and am also a glass half full type where City are concerned.

But the squad and SC this season are giving me a hope that I have not felt since 1976.

Well said sir. I too have been around since the season before Atyeo and am also a glass half full type where City are concerned.

But the squad and SC this season are giving me a hope that I have not felt since 1976.

"...giving me a hope that I have not felt since 1976."

We you also writing Star Wars at the time?

Archived