IGNORED

For Those Who Moan About Prices....

BRISTOL86

I do think the price the Eastenders pay gives a wrong impression. Even though the majority now sit in the same stand as higher paying Williams fans the cheaper tickets were not available to all.

The survey should have calculated the average price for ST that was available to Joe Public, no discounts, no offers, just availability.

Prices at City a somewhat distorted by five years of miserable failure and also the rebuild.

However, I do believe that when we get the full 27,000 capacity available in August 2016, the club would be silly to increase ticket prices because it will be to everyone's advantage to fill as many seats as possible.

So unless the miracle has happened with two successive promotions, and even if we are doing well in the Championship, we will see "affordable, sensible" prices plus plenty of offers for parents/children and maybe even free complimentaries for school parties.

This already appears to be happening at Bristol Rugby which is why the crowd was so high against Connacht on Sunday.

This is the problem the club face, and with sell outs occurring you have to say the club has priced the tickets correctly.

For now, given the capacity and the feel-good factor it's fine.

Was talking more generally, though.

I, as a fan, would rather see a 27,000 sell out even if suffering for form in the Championship and the club making a slight short-term financial loss.

The economists might prefer a 12-15,000 crowed paying top dollar and making a slight short-term profit.

If I were involved in Bristol Sport, I'd look to be putting City right out there.

For now, given the capacity and the feel-good factor it's fine.

Was talking more generally, though.

I, as a fan, would rather see a 27,000 sell out even if suffering for form in the Championship and the club making a slight short-term financial loss.

The economists might prefer a 12-15,000 crowed paying top dollar and making a slight short-term profit.

If I were involved in Bristol Sport, I'd look to be putting City right out there.

I agree with this.  When the redevelopment is complete, the whole 'product' is going to be more attractive to potential new fans, and even more so if the ground is full.  The sight of the new ground packed to the rafters would surely have huge benefits from a marketing point of view, that would outstrip any lost revenue from cheaper ticket sales.

Sorry for the business-speak, I know we're fans not customers, but to maximise the potential of the new ground in terms of putting Bristol City on the map, the club have to view it like this.

There isn't a problem just now , the reduced capacity+ good form  causes added interest.

2 years time , struggling at the bottom of the Championship (for arguments sake) is when the pricing structure would be tested.  Family offers , under 16 tickets , first time deals for under 20's , and pricing the ordinary 16 - 64 age group tickets at a level the working family / average wage earner can afford while still hitting a level that the football club requires.  That's a job for some one better placed than me , I will make a decision on my own situation , which is an easier call.

If we continue to progress in both style of football and in success terms then that job will be made easier too.  

• Admin

I agree with this.  When the redevelopment is complete, the whole 'product' is going to be more attractive to potential new fans, and even more so if the ground is full.  The sight of the new ground packed to the rafters would surely have huge benefits from a marketing point of view, that would outstrip any lost revenue from cheaper ticket sales.

Sorry for the business-speak, I know we're fans not customers, but to maximise the potential of the new ground in terms of putting Bristol City on the map, the club have to view it like this.

And would be a whole lot more appealing if the "product" that us customers are paying to see is a succesful and enjoyable one

I wouldn't complain in comparison to other English clubs' prices. However, our country as a whole pays far too much for football. Tickets for a rovers game costs the same as tickets for a barca game!! You would think we would be a country who could afford to charge less to watch football...

Archived