IGNORED

Diving Again!

Esmond Million's Bung

I haven't seen it but Stoke have complained to the FA about Gary Monk and John Hartson calling Victor Moses a cheat for the incident.

I have found this little beauty and the interesting bit is the PS.

is this the TV companies protecting their product?.

http://crenk.com/fa-needs-to-start-banning-players-for-diving-victor-moses-cheating-against-swansea/

He did throw himself to the floor BUT he did have hold of Moses shirt so was always running the risk.

if he threw himself to the floor it must have been a...............................dive, it's embellishment, if Moses and the defender were running for the same taxi in Oxford Street and the defender had hold of him, would Moses through himself to the floor?.

it's about time the footballing authorities grew a pair and dealt with this and now perhaps they have an opportunity, holding my breath? I am I ****.

it should number 1 of the footballing 10 commandments Mr Moses.

Diving is the thing that annoys me the most about modern football.  What annoys me is pundits saying "he got tapped, so he is entitled to go down".  What a load of rubbish.  If you can stay on your feet, stay on them.

Why can't they have a panel that review potential dives on a Monday, and then dish out bans for players that are judged as being guilty?  Its cheating, simple as that.  That would soon stamp it out.

if he threw himself to the floor it must have been a...............................dive, it's embellishment, if Moses and the defender were running for the same taxi in Oxford Street and the defender had hold of him, would Moses through himself to the floor?.

it's about time the footballing authorities grew a pair and dealt with this and now perhaps they have an opportunity, holding my breath? I am I ****.

it should number 1 of the footballing 10 commandments Mr Moses.

Fair enough. Certainly was a penalty as he had hold of his shirt, if he would of stayed up doubt he would of got the penalty.

problem is, if the play stays on his feet and misses there is no advantage to the attacking team which is why they are told to go down,

Diving needs a punishment is proven, ie 4 game automatic ban, but this is where you need a system like there is in cricket with reviews, where a captain has 2 reviews to a ref's deciseion that goes to the fouth offical,

but it needs to cascaded down to all pro leagues all other the world which won't happen,

Fair enough. Certainly was a penalty as he had hold of his shirt, if he would of stayed up doubt he would of got the penalty.

problem is, if the play stays on his feet and misses there is no advantage to the attacking team which is why they are told to go down,

Diving needs a punishment is proven, ie 4 game automatic ban, but this is where you need a system like there is in cricket with reviews, where a captain has 2 reviews to a ref's deciseion that goes to the fouth offical,

but it needs to cascaded down to all pro leagues all other the world which won't happen,

it's embellishment/simulation, which is an offence. 

This case needs to be reviewed, yellow card for the holding and red card 5 game ban for the dive, it has to stop it's becoming a joke. That pathetic incident was considered a penalty but the WWE all in wrestling at corners and free kicks is very rarely punished?.

it's embellishment/simulation, which is an offence. 

This case needs to be reviewed, yellow card for the holding and red card 5 game ban for the dive, it has to stop it's becoming a joke. That pathetic incident was considered a penalty but the WWE all in wrestling at corners and free kicks is very rarely punished?.

But the ref got it right.

But the ref got it right.

How can the ref have got it right if in your words "he did THROW himself to the floor"?, that's embellishment/simulation and I haven't seen it but just out of interest, where did the defender actually first grab hold of his shirt? was it inside or outside of the area? because in my experience these cheats always manage to stay on their feet outside of the area but mysteriously THROW themselves to the ground inside the area.

and out of further interest if there is some kind of an enquiry into this, do you believe Moses will say in evidence "I did THROW myself to the ground".

How can the ref have got it right if in your words "he did THROW himself to the floor"?, that's embellishment/simulation and I haven't seen it but just out of interest, where did the defender actually first grab hold of his shirt? was it inside or outside of the area? because in my experience these cheats always manage to stay on their feet outside of the area but mysteriously THROW themselves to the ground inside the area.

and out of further interest if there is some kind of an enquiry into this, do you believe Moses will say in evidence "I did THROW myself to the ground".

Because the defender had hold of his shirt which is a clear penalty. Not saying what Moses did was right though.

It's blatant cheating and it's even more shocking that Garry Monk is being criticised for calling it how it is.

Monk is right, but also a hypocrite. Look at his comments about Chico Flores last season.

Because the defender had hold of his shirt which is a clear penalty. Not saying what Moses did was right though.

No it isn't, he's not impeding his movement at all.

I can't remember the incident and it's completely irrelevant anyway. Diving is cheating and calling divers out as cheats is absolutely correct.

Did Agard not dive against MK then? He could of stayed on his feet without doubt.

Monk is right, but also a hypocrite. Look at his comments about Chico Flores last season.

No it isn't, he's not impeding his movement at all.

This. It's not that Monk is wrong, it's his hypocrisy that grates. Drop Flores last year, fair enough,... but he didn't.

Also, referees (maybe it's the laws?) are hopeless (generally) at giving free kicks/pens when people are fouled, but stay on their feet.

Gary Roberts' dive against us the other week is a prime example of when a player should definitely be punished retrospectively. There was absolutely zero contact between him and Bryan. In my view it gets more complicated when there is contact (that has been instigated by the defender) and then a player goes down, perhaps too easy. 

Interesting one, I hate diving, but this pretty much came from South America, where back in the the 30' 50's the thugs at the back used to get away with some horrendous challenges on forwards, so the forward went down the road of diving before they were smashed into. It is now ingrained into these players, this is how a striker should play.

Something very hard to stop doing, if that is what you are bought up to do.  Now English players should not be doing it, that was never our way, and that is where the problem is, what is standard procedure for some, isn't for others, who don't think they are doing anything wrong.

Unless this is something stamped out at world level, I can't see this being a FA problem.

Archived