IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Bradford City Match Day Thread.

Mate, I said on an earlier post too many on here have been disrespectful to opposing teams this season, speaking as though there is only one team playing, it's nothing to do with you or Bradford it's something that goes deeper unfortunately.

its called passion, something you feel when you actually go to the gate on a regular basis, living,  breathing it, not sat at home listening to the sanitised match commentary or watching the odd tv appearance, sitting in your armchair spouting shit about a team like the typical armchair manager when all you can gather is second hand oppinions. Of course we expect to win, i dont go there expecting to lose, even last season i expected (hoped) we would win, why not ?

Edited by tts_city

Agree I treat every opponent in league one with respect. its a tight league and everyone can beat each other. Agard is good but Rotherham got rid because he wasn't ready for the next level.

Maybe not, but he may well be next season and then it will have been a great signing, we sold one player and that money has paid for all of the signings we made pre season and that means come january we will have money to spend if needed and with our Larry Loaded owner, money (within reason) will not be a problem.

One game against a proper Yorkshire team they got dominated by ten men :laugh:. they are expected to walk the league sheff u again they wont. as for Bristol city they weren't in the premier league for how long been ages we were in recent 2000's,

Mind you If we are so poor why aint you beaten us in the league since 1996?

You sound very like your Yorkshire friends Leeds.

its called passion, something you feel when you actually go to the gate on a regular basis, living,  breathing it, not sat at home listening to the sanitised match commentary or watching the odd tv appearance, sitting in your armchair spouting shit about a team like the typical armchair manager when all you can gather is second hand oppinions. Of course we expect to win, i dont go there expecting to lose, even last season i expected (hoped) we would win, why not ?

OK gobshite feel free to find a posting where I have held an opinion about a game, tactics, substitutions, players etc.

You think we've got a tough November, prestons nivember is even worse, 5 away games against Rochdale, us, Swindon, Oldham and Yeovil and a easy game against Bradford!!

That easy that Preston drew with us twice last season for sure... we have one of the best away records in the division. lost once in 7 games.

Wells could be back home yes mate did you rate wells?

Well, that was a little disappointing.

Other than Yates (Yeates? Don't really care tbf) I'd not have taken any of their players (other than perhaps Stead as a back up for Wilbs), and they certainly set up to frustrate/soak up pressure, rather than play football. In fact, they made some pretty bad mistakes first half when they tried, and several of their players looked worse than the Cheltenham ones we faded recently.

BUT... There game plan, coupled with a distinct lack of thrust from our midfield through the middle made our possession and neat passing look pretty toothless for a lot of the game, and had they taken the lead when they struck post and bar moments after the equaliser then we may have fallen victim to full scale 'bus parking' and have come away with nothing.

That said; no one played what I'd say was a bad game. Instead, I'd say several were less dynamic than we've grown accustomed to, and our approach was just lacking that cutting edge.

Pack and Elliot were always looking to go wide, but Byan and Little were up against fullbacks AND midfielders, and Freeman was either too high to exploit the space this generated, or too far back to be the player to carry it forward.

Ultimately, though his set pieces were generally good (though one corner at the end post-goal was dire, and let's not talk about that free kick 'routine'...) Freeman looked like the least effective player in the second half, and was surprise he wasn't subbed for JET (who did little wrong that those on before him did, and at least looked for space and opportunities to shoot/get the ball in the box) instead of Agard, as resulted in Freeman basically up to anyway.

Pack was very good too; recycled the ball well, and noticeably worked to win it back when we did lose it, which wasn't often. Ayling was great too, in fact the whole back trio did good work. Fielding maybe should have been stronger for the 2nd goal, but was bold and clever sniffing out a Stead opportunity first half that less... 'eccentric' keepers may not have had the balls to, so fair play.

One thing; Wilbraham looked tired to me. Still put in a shift, and sharp enough to be aware of things like JET's smart attempt to slip him in late on that didn't pay off. But wish we had another target man type to take the strain off him when we've three 90s in a week, or even just to mix it up that bit more in terms of forward options. Any giants in the youth teams who might do a job?

All-in-all; Bradford will likely end up mid-to-lower-midtable based on that, and imagine we'll be disappointed we couldn't rustle up another goal to see them off. By the looks of if Oldham will be a totally different proposition this Sat, and I just how that we show a little more guile when faced with a footballing team who want to play, rather than a side set up to hold us at arm's length and so the ol' smash-and-grab.

• Like 1

Excellent analysis, Samo. Bradford came to do a job and did it. It may be time to rotate our squad, simply to give players time to regain their edge.

We may have had a lucky break with other results today, but it may be that those teams are going through the same process.

Something I noticed is that we're keeping the ball in midfield as we did under SOD, but there's more purpose at the sharp end. Tonight, we were frustrated by a team that had done its homework, but I have no doubt that Cotterill has a Plan B.