IGNORED

Some Fans Behaviour...

BA12RED

So Chivers88 you're suggesting that I'm lying about why he was arrested? Was pretty clear when one of the policeman was holding it out having confiscated it. Not got a problem but I just think there is a time and place. As for the pitch invasion like others have said we have just equalised at Barnsley , Barnsley... If we had just scored in the 90th against Rovers then sure , why not. Very pointless and imo very stupid. Probably not going to write another comment on here because it seems others agree and others choose to slate me so hardly much point carrying this on.

As for the pitch invasion like others have said we have just equalised at Barnsley , Barnsley... If we had just scored in the 90th against Rovers then sure , why not.

Either you're against pitch invasions or you're not. You can't say 'it's ok in this situation but its not ok in a different situation'.

I'm sorry but from what you describe it sounds like a very minor incident.

Either you're against pitch invasions or you're not. You can't say 'it's ok in this situation but its not ok in a different situation'.

I'm sorry but from what you describe it sounds like a very minor incident.

It was a minor event.

The problem is equilibrium, some grounds you spill onto the pitch aamd the stewards gently remind you by pushing you back, at other grounds they try to grab you by your throat etc.

let's just imagine yesterday if we'd taken 4,000 and there was the same small pitch invasion. The stewards wouldn't have acted like that, but as it was they were plentiful in numbers against and overly aggressive.

If people want to talk about the law and security please do, I have my full training and an up to date licence, you are allowed to use reasonable force and where necessary try to enforce a firm but friendly attitude, the one stewards actions should by the law mean that he loses his job, however reasonable force is an open book.

By law you are actually allowed to make the first defensive strike, of course this is for licencesed security personnel not wannabe Saturday coppers, with bad attitudes, either way they were over zealous but the lads that crossed the line should have known the outcome.

It was a minor event.

The problem is equilibrium, some grounds you spill onto the pitch aamd the stewards gently remind you by pushing you back, at other grounds they try to grab you by your throat etc.

let's just imagine yesterday if we'd taken 4,000 and there was the same small pitch invasion. The stewards wouldn't have acted like that, but as it was they were plentiful in numbers against and overly aggressive.

If people want to talk about the law and security please do, I have my full training and an up to date licence, you are allowed to use reasonable force and where necessary try to enforce a firm but friendly attitude, the one stewards actions should by the law mean that he loses his job, however reasonable force is an open book.

By law you are actually allowed to make the first defensive strike, of course this is for licencesed security personnel not wannabe Saturday coppers, with bad attitudes, either way they were over zealous but the lads that crossed the line should have known the outcome.

You don't take 4000 to away games- poor :)

So Chivers88 you're suggesting that I'm lying about why he was arrested? Was pretty clear when one of the policeman was holding it out having confiscated it. Not got a problem but I just think there is a time and place. As for the pitch invasion like others have said we have just equalised at Barnsley , Barnsley... If we had just scored in the 90th against Rovers then sure , why not. Very pointless and imo very stupid. Probably not going to write another comment on here because it seems others agree and others choose to slate me so hardly much point carrying this on.

no was just saying u can't always be sure could have been something different. Drugs are part and parcel with every day living u got your mps and lords sniffing coke in parliament and u got kids smoking weed in schools it's life and really no biggie.as for spilling on the pitch like someone said above you can sit on the fence saying it's ok at some games and not others! Fans get excited and sometimes can get carried away it happens like I said before no one was hurt so why does it matter.

I'm sure if you went to Barnsley like myself you would be disappointed with the group of fans sat near the front today. One fool tried to invade the pitch before being Rugby tackled subsequently all his other friends got involved... Another arrested for having narcotics on him at half time. Thought today was a brilliant advert for league one football besides that , we weren't at our best but ground out a point and the second half was nail biting to say at the least! What were your takes on this?

The 'pitch invasion'

There are stewards who know how to handle, and defuse, a situation. Others are rather over zealous and could create a situation in a prayer meeting. I wasn't there so I can't possibly say one way or the other what happened. However it appears that what you saw is open to interpretation. Are you looking to be offended?

Drug issue

You saw: '... pretty clear when one of the policeman was holding it out having confiscated it.'

By the looks of this, you think this guy was caught bang to rights?

I'd rather wait until the evidence is examined, just to check that it wasn't a sherbet dib dab.

We have idiots, of course we do.. but having one of the worst reputations in the country for violence? Please..

My uncle is in the South Yorkshire Police unit responsible for policing games and we do.

We are in the same category as Portsmouth and Cardiff. It's sad and not pleasant but lets not pretend it isnt there.

For the main part our fans were great today. But if nothing else, it doesn't reflect very well on the collective IQ of our fans that two of the literally jumped over a massive sign that states 'IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO CROSS THIS POINT' and then got incredibly upset that some stewards tried to remove them- heavy handed or not. We'd just gone 1-0 up against ******* Barnsley, not won the FA cup

Equalized actually.

We have idiots, of course we do.. but having one of the worst reputations in the country for violence? Please..

When these sort of questions are asked on other football forums with fans of other clubs "which clubs are worst.." we always feature.

We probably have the biggest reputation out of all the clubs in league 1 this season but in general, that's how we are seen.

My uncle is in the South Yorkshire Police unit responsible for policing games and we do.

We are in the same category as Portsmouth and Cardiff. It's sad and not pleasant but lets not pretend it isnt there.

No disrespect intended to your uncle, but the South Yorkshire Police hardly come smelling of violets and to those of us with long memories rank equal bottom of the humanity pile with West Midlands Police.

Wow. OP getting slaughtered for having an opinion on morons jumping over a barrier advising them not to break the law. And yet when there's the wrong colour paint on the rugby lines, God save us all!

See this is the problem. Its ok to have an opinion that is in alignment with yours or even if its not to call people morons if they do something your not happy with. Why not just say in your opinion you agree with the op or that in your opinion the people who jumped barriers to celebrate citys goal were foolish, but no they are morons not in your opinion but by your statement of fact. In my opinion for what its worth is that fans who paid hard earned money to travel, get in to add their support to an unbeaten team probably got a little over excited in their celebrations but caused no real problem. The fact the only place I heard it was here and has probably drawn more attention and possible reporting than the event itself warranted in my opinion should be considered before posting

Re: Blackpool ......

I've always believed that Oysters were shellfish, and Oystons were selfish....

Having read some of these posts I don't know what to believe anymore -

I think I may have been right all along though?

(Strange how some threads meander in very odd & unexpected directions on this forum sometimes though)

I saw the whole documantary (this is just part 3) but haven't seen any of this sort of thing at AG in all my years of going (1990).

That said drinking/narcotics, fighting and football provide an addictive buzz. Not my thing but I can understand it, even if I don't condone or participate in it. More complex than simply judging people as 'morons' imo.

I saw the whole documantary (this is just part 3) but haven't seen any of this sort of thing at AG in all my years of going (1990).

That said drinking/narcotics, fighting and football provide an addictive buzz. Not my thing but I can understand it, even if I don't condone or participate in it. More complex than simply judging people as 'morons' imo.

I expect some people would say the same about burglary, or injecting yourself with heroin etc etc. It doesn't excuse it. It ruins the matchday experience for others, and yes, quite a lot of people pictured in those clips do look like morons.

See this is the problem. Its ok to have an opinion that is in alignment with yours or even if its not to call people morons if they do something your not happy with. Why not just say in your opinion you agree with the op or that in your opinion the people who jumped barriers to celebrate citys goal were foolish, but no they are morons not in your opinion but by your statement of fact. In my opinion for what its worth is that fans who paid hard earned money to travel, get in to add their support to an unbeaten team probably got a little over excited in their celebrations but caused no real problem. The fact the only place I heard it was here and has probably drawn more attention and possible reporting than the event itself warranted in my opinion should be considered before posting

No not by statement of fact, I'm sure you know it's my opinion but you've decided to go on this rambling critique. It seems even more moronic to spend all that money on travel, tickets, etc. then hurdle over a sign advising them not to and getting chucked out and potentially banned. What a way to spend your cash.

I expect some people would say the same about burglary, or injecting yourself with heroin etc etc. It doesn't excuse it. It ruins the matchday experience for others, and yes, quite a lot of people pictured in those clips do look like morons.

No excuses offered but I pity, not judge, the person who's kicks in life involve chucking rocks at the police in the same way I do someone using smack and robbing houses to fund the addiction. We have a justice system to deal with it thankfully and to a degree, a platform for which people have an opportunity to change (not meaning to neglect the unfortunate victims here, for which I have been one). This is an on-going underiding theme of the non-football forum, tbf.

The point of the clip was also to highlight that the incident up at Barnsley was a relative non-event.

No excuses offered but I pity, not judge, the person who's kicks in life involve chucking rocks at the police in the same way I do someone using smack and robbing houses to fund the addiction. We have a justice system to deal with it thankfully and to a degree, a platform for which people have an opportunity to change (not meaning to neglect the unfortunate victims here, for which I have been one). This is an on-going underiding theme of the non-football forum, tbf.

The point of the clip was also to highlight that the incident up at Barnsley was a relative non-event.

I agree with that.

I agree with that.

**** me! Is this a historic and revolutionary moment in the long and undistinguished history of otib?

A debate that is quickly concluded by one of the guys declaring that they agree with the other.

I doth my hat, sir :D there is hope for us all!

Why are some people so obsessed with what other people are doing ?

Mum and brother chased down street by Millwall supporters mid nineties, house burgled by crack heads, attacked by sags, reputation of City as a whole..... living in close proximity to others who's actions can have a direct impact on my life has lent me to take an interest in what other people are doing. Not 'obsessed' I might add, just cautious vigilance.

The difference is between words and actions. Of course opinions aren't moronic. But jumping over a sign telling you to keep off the pitch...

I'm guessing you weren't there, tiz. Believe me, this was not someone getting a little over excited in celebrating. This was someone who was lashing out, trying to punch and kick stewards, needing four people to restrain him, who continued to do that all the time he was being marched out, and still kicking and punching out in the concourse.

And, at least two young lads, potential City fans of the future, so upset and distressed by what they inadvertently got caught up in, had to be taken down the tunnel.

Archived