IGNORED

Some Fans Behaviour...

BA12RED

Why are some people so obsessed with what other people are doing ?

Because what other people are doing is the reason football fans get treated like potential troublemakers wherever we go.

Is the reason why we can't enjoy a drink at a match.

Is the reason why we get bubble matches.

Is the reason why young kids (like at least two yesterday) will get put off supporting City, and their parents will stop them going.

Is the reason Bristol City have a reputation I don't want them to have.

Shall I go on...?

Because what other people are doing is the reason football fans get treated like potential troublemakers wherever we go.

Is the reason why we can't enjoy a drink at a match.

Is the reason why we get bubble matches.

Is the reason why young kids (like at least two yesterday) will get put off supporting City, and their parents will stop them going.

Is the reason Bristol City have a reputation I don't want them to have.

Shall I go on...?

Add segregation to that list. It is an indignity that is not tolerated at any other recreational or sporting event in this free, democratic country. I don't necessarily want to sit next to or among opposing fans because if we group together, we make more noise to support our own team.

But I had instances when I lived and worked in Telford of visits to Molineux when the police nearly arrested myself and a Wolves fan because we were talking to each other across the divide in the South Bank. We lived in the same street and sat next to each other at work!

Segregation at football is an abomination and against everything that this country stands for. Freedom of speech, movement, religion, political beliefs etc.

The difference is between words and actions. Of course opinions aren't moronic. But jumping over a sign telling you to keep off the pitch...

I'm guessing you weren't there, tiz. Believe me, this was not someone getting a little over excited in celebrating. This was someone who was lashing out, trying to punch and kick stewards, needing four people to restrain him, who continued to do that all the time he was being marched out, and still kicking and punching out in the concourse.

And, at least two young lads, potential City fans of the future, so upset and distressed by what they inadvertently got caught up in, had to be taken down the tunnel.

Point well made and noted. I just get frustrated with thease of people calling others morons. It is inflammatory often designed to provoke and often unnecessary and made so much better by adding ...in my opinion. That said you are right sir, I was not there and can not give enlightened opinion on the event. However I do feel that the OP has probably highlighted and permitted the likes of the EP to make a story out of it.

The event itself I have heard a different slant than the one you gave, and as I was not there am not in a position to question either but will respect your view of it.

No disrespect intended to your uncle, but the South Yorkshire Police hardly come smelling of violets and to those of us with long memories rank equal bottom of the humanity pile with West Midlands Police.

I don't think he'd take any offence, he's aware as anyone (as a younger man he was policing the game at Hillsborough when they didn't cover themselves in glory ) but I merely point out Bristol City have a national reputation which isn't fantastic.

We are grouped with Cardiff and Portsmouth.

That's just how it is.

I remember pre Hillsbrough every ground had fans penned in like farm cattle.  The big fear was that fans would invade the pitch once these were removed.  It did not happen.  It took hillbrough for the change to happen.  One or 2 excited young people spilling on to the pitch every so often is not that much of a problem.  Its nothing like the running battles that were feared would take place.  If your going to get yourself arrested, make sure its worth it.  Running on to the field of play is not worth it really.  

Segregation i take it is in place due to the fear that fans will fight each other.  Well i know many like myself who would not.  I have in the past enjoyed games in the home section of an away game.  But then i love meeting new people.  I enjoy talking about football.  Getting a different take on the game from a home supporters point of view. What i find is that a different set of supporters are a lot like myself.  There at the game for the same reason as me.  To enjoy themselfs.   

UN Segregation i fear would make football a far more enjoyible experience.  I enjoy this aspect of rugby.  Having a beer, talking to fans from say Bath or London.   

Would this work in football.  Yes with out a doubt.  For the most part anyway. 

I remember pre Hillsbrough every ground had fans penned in like farm cattle. The big fear was that fans would invade the pitch once these were removed. It did not happen. It took hillbrough for the change to happen. One or 2 excited young people spilling on to the pitch every so often is not that much of a problem. Its nothing like the running battles that were feared would take place. If your going to get yourself arrested, make sure its worth it. Running on to the field of play is not worth it really.

Segregation i take it is in place due to the fear that fans will fight each other. Well i know many like myself who would not. I have in the past enjoyed games in the home section of an away game. But then i love meeting new people. I enjoy talking about football. Getting a different take on the game from a home supporters point of view. What i find is that a different set of supporters are a lot like myself. There at the game for the same reason as me. To enjoy themselfs.

UN Segregation i fear would make football a far more enjoyible experience. I enjoy this aspect of rugby. Having a beer, talking to fans from say Bath or London.

Would this work in football. Yes with out a doubt. For the most part anyway.

could u imagine the carnage with no segregation in game like city v rovers Cardiff v Swansea Newcastle v Sunderland west ham v millwal it would never work in football to much rivalry and a different kinda rivalry compared with rugby cricket ect

could u imagine the carnage with no segregation in game like city v rovers Cardiff v Swansea Newcastle v Sunderland west ham v millwal it would never work in football to much rivalry and a different kinda rivalry compared with rugby cricket ect

There was a time when this did not happen.  I do not remember it thou.  Maybe we are getting into something deeper.  The mindsets of football supporters.  All i can say that from my point of view, i would not what to attack the person set next to me due to a reason of where there come from. Or who they support. 

I love the tribal nature of football, it's what got me hooked on going in the first place. I don't mind mixing with opposing fans outside the ground but I wouldn't want to sit next to them inside the ground.

There was a time when this did not happen.  I do not remember it thou.  Maybe we are getting into something deeper.  The mindsets of football supporters.  All i can say that from my point of view, i would not what to attack the person set next to me due to a reason of where there come from. Or who they support. 

That would be because you are a reasonable, balanced, human being. Unfortunately there is a small subset of football supporters that, for some bizarre reason, think that belting ten tons of shit out of each other is an enjoyable experience (and somehow proves you wear better clothes). These people, in general, like to fight each other, but will occasionally attack random passing fans for no other reason than they think they have attained some kind of superiority through their acts.

But apparently if you're not involved in it, you could never understand it, and that makes it OK.

I could try and dig some up I'll have a look

http://www.footballforums.net/archive/index.php/t-7758.html

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33879

Here's two threads on first page of Google search

You will have to do better than that, one is harking on about the '70s and on the other, a thread from 2001, BCFC get a single passing mention from a Belgian!!

Hardly evidence of the worst reputation in the 2014 League 1!!!

You will have to do better than that, one is harking on about the '70s and on the other, a thread from 2001, BCFC get a single passing mention from a Belgian!!

Hardly evidence of the worst reputation in the 2014 League 1!!!

Not really, talking about the 70s proves the point doesnt it? Long standing reputation.

Took me 2 mins on Google to find 2 results, not that bothered to dig any deeper. Not something I'm involved with personally but I know how we are seen.

Not really, talking about the 70s proves the point doesnt it? Long standing reputation.

Took me 2 mins on Google to find 2 results, not that bothered to dig any deeper. Not something I'm involved with personally but I know how we are seen.

Quoting someone's reminiscences from the 70s proves nothing mate.

What you know sounds like an unsubstantiated transfer rumour where someone says "source"

Archived