IGNORED

Ayling

ciderbeans

Good finish yesterday and great to see all outfield starters have scored a goal this season. No mean feat. However, ayling was very complacent yesterday looking at highlights and was at fault both both their goals, be it due to positioning or determination to just stop the opposition. I don't want ayling to be a scape goat but it is individual errors in defence that are costing us atm. Is it time we brought in osbourne in place of ayling and move ayling out to rwb as he is better going forward and with the ball at his feet?

What are people's thoughts?

Good finish yesterday and great to see all outfield starters have scored a goal this season. No mean feat. However, ayling was very complacent yesterday looking at highlights and was at fault both both their goals, be it due to positioning or determination to just stop the opposition. I don't want ayling to be a scape goat but it is individual errors in defence that are costing us atm. Is it time we brought in osbourne in place of ayling and move ayling out to rwb as he is better going forward and with the ball at his feet?

What are people's thoughts?

Drop Mark Little you mean..?

Are you the Genius who suggested that on radio Bristol..?!

Ayling was excellent in the first half, pretty poor in the second half. It happens, I'm not sure I'd make selection decisions based purely upon one half of football at Barnsley

Agreed, Barnsley played well and it was a tough game for little and ayling today. Can't base this on one half of football

Ayling is one of the many bright lights in the team so far this season. Seeing defenders willing to bring the ball out of defence instead of hoofing it is one of the reasons we are clear at the top of the table. Changes will be made when SC thinks they are needed. Not yet in my opinion.

Ayling is the only defender we've got that can bring the ball out from the back and give it to the playmakers we've got in midfield. If you take him out, we'll resort to lumping the ball up to Wilbraham and we'll be no where near as enjoyable to watch, or as effective.

Someone who actually watches the game, spot on fella.

Ayling is the only defender we've got that can bring the ball out from the back and give it to the playmakers we've got in midfield. If you take him out, we'll resort to lumping the ball up to Wilbraham and we'll be no where near as enjoyable to watch, or as effective.

That's incorrect. Williams regularly brings the ball out.

Ayling has been one of the highlights of this season for me. Competent on the ball, brings it out of defence with assurance and passes well.

One average game and people want him out the team...

Only black mark for me was his interview on Radio Bristol last night...not the most eloquent of chaps :D

He did his job first half and scored but his 2nd half was so bad. He almost cost us the game with numerous mistakes. He was at fault for both goals and lucky it wasn't more - Flint bailed him out several times.

He does bring it out of defence a bit, but he so often passes it straight back to the other team or runs in to trouble. He needs to get it to someone who can play.

I think he can be a decent player and hope yesterday was a one-off. Part of the problem does lie with Little not tracking back enough. 

He did his job first half and scored but his 2nd half was so bad. He almost cost us the game with numerous mistakes. He was at fault for both goals and lucky it wasn't more - Flint bailed him out several times.

He does bring it out of defence a bit, but he so often passes it straight back to the other team or runs in to trouble. He needs to get it to someone who can play.

I think he can be a decent player and hope yesterday was a one-off. Part of the problem does lie with Little not tracking back enough. 

Funny, he got Four Star MOM in the Pasty Independent from regular away reporter "Reg Hancock". I'm sure this person don't exist. . He reports on EVERY City and gapper away game for the Plymouth based rag. I reckon it's just a non de plume for any local hack !

Was only a thought guys. Not saying it should happen and I realise one bad half does not make him a bad player. Just looking for your thoughts. There's no doubt that a little complacency has crept in of late and I'm just thinking of ways in which we could stop it.

Ayling in the main is quality, I fact our whole defence is and it would be hard to replace, but there must be a contingency plan should it start to fail and if people can't see beyond the existing lineup, it doesn't bode well.

Why is it you guys think mistakes are being made? Or is it simply that certain members of the opposition like hourihane are of such quality that they couldn't have been stopped?

I hadn't realised before his post match interview quite how pronounced his stammer is. I think it says a lot about him that he still steps up to be interviewed with such a speech impediment. Good lad.

There are hints of it here but the BCFC Player interview shows quite how bad it gets for him

I hadn't realised before his post match interview quite how pronounced his stammer is. I think it says a lot about him that he still steps up to be interviewed with such a speech impediment. Good lad.

There are hints of it here but the BCFC Player interview shows quite how bad it gets for him

Ummmmm,. What stammer? Nothing on that clip.

I thought exactly the same, fair play to him. It's not been this noticable before. Good for him, he's already showed, I believe how much he cares wen he plays.

There are hints of it here but the BCFC Player interview shows quite how bad it gets for him]

I disagree, I think it is just a hesitancy when a camera is pointed at a person who is not used to it.

Many people in all walks of life become nervous or hesitant when speaking to an audience whether live people or via a TV camera.

This is something that should be addressed in schools or in footballers cases, during their first year at an Academy.

I was helped during my working life by training videos made by John Cleese. Subjects included public speaking and teamwork which are very relevant to young footballers as well as those in industry and commerce.

The extra personal confidence gained by making public statements to an audience is good for everyone and I would consider, essential for professional footballers who thrive on confidence.

Essential learning for 16 year old first year Academy boys.

Because of the formation we play, Ayling will see a lot of action.

Every team we play against, looks to play into where there is space.

That space is between Little and Ayling....and on the otherside... Bryan and Williams.

Little and Bryan have two very important roles, in not leaving either Ayling or Williams exposed.

Both have been guilty of doing that, especially in the second half of games.

It's an energy sapping role they both play.

Perhaps bringing Waggy on for Little earlier...wouldn't leave Ayling so exposed and over worked?

And likewise Cunningham for Bryan when he starts to flag.

From watching the games, it's one of the reasons imho why we tend to not perform so well in the second half.

Archived