IGNORED

Tonight's League 1 Games

Robbored

If preston go top, after playing thier second game in hand, it will take a bit of pressure of us, which is never a bad thing.

I think it depends on how the players look at it, they're unbeaten and could still go second. Imagine being a player and being unbeaten but still losing the top spot, if anything after our start I think it would add more pressure to still be unbeaten and still chasing. I think the only thing that is going to take pressure off is losing the unbeaten title so that the players can go in without fear of losing that streak and just get stuck in.

I realise your expectations are, naturally, higher than ours, but you really should be enjoying where you are at the moment.

Being top of the league and unbeaten for a game or 2 doesn't come along too often.

Difficult looking in from the outside why so many of you appear to be such worriers.

I think you, Preston and our good selves have a similar run of difficult looking matches coming up.

We'll all know a bit more come Xmas

I think many City fans are just waiting for it to all go belly up and the good stary will count for nothing. We havent been in this position for 6 years and we are the team everyone wants to beat which we arent used to

I realise your expectations are, naturally, higher than ours, but you really should be enjoying where you are at the moment.

Being top of the league and unbeaten for a game or 2 doesn't come along too often.

Difficult looking in from the outside why so many of you appear to be such worriers.

I think you, Preston and our good selves have a similar run of difficult looking matches coming up.

We'll all know a bit more come Xmas

Good point, I'd say that it isn't necessarily worry that people are experiencing, potentially for want of a better word, desperation? City have had a 6 year period of gradually falling out of love with what we have been served up and want to hold on to an enjoyment factor for as long as possible.

Psychology 101 over.

As a Swindon fan don't underestimate Oldham they have been the best side we've played at home this season they are big physical knock the ball around well and well organised defensively and they surprise me when we played them, they draw a lot of away games and I think you will be in for a test this Saturday. A friend of mine is a City fan and he seemed really confident about Saturdays game and if they played as well as they did at our place then your in for a tough game. We drew 2-2 with them scoring in the last couple of minutes to equalise and there good on set pieces especially corners.

We have three tough games coming up MK Dons Saturday, Preston Tuesday night and then you lot, unfortunately when we play you we wont have our two best players playing as they will be on international duty.

5 clean sheets in that winning run and averaging over 2 goals per game.  We should be very worried.

If you look at our first 7-8 games we only conceeded 4 goals against similar opposition.

Funny old thread this, with the 'worriers' getting criticised.

Of course we're going to follow the matches of our immediate rivals, hope they lose, and be pissed off if they win.

Preston and Swindon are on great runs and we need to see them thwarted, not only to stem their sky high confidence before we play both teams in the near future, but to take the pressure off City a bit.

City first and foremost on Saturday, and a convincing performance to despatch Oldham ( another team in outstanding form) will be a great fillip and go a long way to dispelling the doubts some are having about City's capacity to stay the course.

No harm in casting half an evil eye on the matches involving PNE, Swindon, Notts. Co. etc as well, and I'm sure most City fans will.

Come on City on Saturday, and come on Barnsley, Rochdale, S****horpe and Walsall too. And just this once MKDons as well.

Anyone would think we were staring at relegation.

It's a City fans lot.

Over way too many seasons we've become accustomed to disappointments and it's kinda ingrained in some fans.

So ingrained in fact that it's almost unbelievable to see City top of the league and still unbeaten.

Archived