IGNORED

Mark Little

coxyboy

Thanks but I won't embarrass you with A; how long I've supported team or B: level of football I played and my coaching badges, u clearly must be one of the numptys who's mussus allowed you out on a one off and u probably say in a restricted view seat

Are you available to take over from SC?

The Posh fan who said he was a poor man's Glen Johnson when he signed for us was spot on.

Good athlete & integral to the way we play. If he didn't have weaker points to his game he wouldn't play third level football, would he?

The Posh fan who said he was a poor man's Glen Johnson when he signed for us was spot on.

Good athlete & integral to the way we play. If he didn't have weaker points to his game he wouldn't play third level football, would he?

Stop being so bloody sensible :grr:

I said yesterday before the game...if Bradley Orr and Marvin Elliott ( both in there prime) had a love child...it would have come out like Mark Little.

He works his socks off, has ability and works to his strengths.

He's often knackered by all the effort he has to put in.

I really don't think many fans realise the amount of effort Little and Bryan have to put in playing the role SC asks of them.

If anything...I'd ask SC to bring on Waggy and Cunningham slightly earlier to replace them, to keep the momentum and offense going.

It's noticeable when we go defensive it is down to the aforementioned being slightly tired and often having to mark fresh legged substitutes from the opposition.

I've watched 0 games this season, but even I can tell he could mark more. He marks too little for me. Attacking wise, brilliant, but he can only do that because he marks little.

Their left backs are probably asked to mark Little, so mark little else, but Mark Little could mark more, especially when we play Port Vale and Yeovil.

Happy for Mark to mark Little against Preston though, but only if he marks Little more than Mark normally marks - which is little.

Basically, if Mark Little marked more then little Mark might get higher marks.

I think I've made myself clear. And I always win at vending machines, so am qualified out of my arse.

Not his finest hour yesterday but lazy and poor work rate? Oh dear mate, are you blind? The guy literally doesn't stop running.

He does and if you went to Walsall and Barnsley away you would have seen how lazy he can be. 

Good first 20 minutes but then seemed to have a fairly average game thereafter as their left back took control. Was one of the oddest MOTM awards I've heard....

Having looked at this thread I think we can safely take the following from it.

'In Little we have found our new Cole Skuse'

A player who splits opinion, will be a target for some and even though his comparison started for us under about six different managers, before going on to be a regular in a higher division, some people just aren't minded to see what a number of others can.

Hope the doubters don't destroy him.

Definitely not MoM yesterday but certainly not a poor player. May make the wrong decision now and again when in the attacking third but 99% of the time he busts his bollocks off. Only black mark for me is that he sells herbash!te. Other than that, a solid player and as pointed out, is third in the team with assists.....

I said yesterday before the game...if Bradley Orr and Marvin Elliott ( both in there prime) had a love child...it would have come out like Mark Little.

Spudski- I'm not gonna fault your footballing prowess but you know absolutely nothing about biology. 

Man love does not a baby produce.

Little had been off the boil the last few times id seen him. Yesterday though he was decent, yea hes not the best defender in the world but he gives 100% and can go past a man. He scares defenders shitless in this division, don't know who we would replace him with if he was dropped/injured. Waggy maybe but he doesn't have the same intensity going forward imo.

Another thing on this, he put in a brilliant tackle on their left back about 5 minutes into the game in front of the Dolman which got the crowd going and every City player was then challenging as if his life depended on it for the next 10 minutes or so.

A real 100% trier.

Sorry to say but he is the weak link in our team. Never a right back or wing back. Work rate poor, lazy and 3 times i watched him 5 yards from the ball and player just watching. Average going forward and defensively clueless. Probably will get shot down but watched every game at home and how he was MOM today I will never know.

Look-everyone-a-md3sls.jpg

Mark little is a great athlete and is perfectly suited to the wing back role, he's so strong and quick he must be a nightmare to mark. Like others have said he probably does more running than any player on the pitch.

That said he's not perfect (just like any league 1 player) sometimes he switches of and loses his man, he sometimes gets caught out of position but that's mainly down to being played further forward (I've never seen cotts give him a bollocking for being to far forward) he's also not as technically gifted as most of our players but his pace and power get him through.

All in all I'd say he's as good a wing back as you could gets in league 1.

I agree he needs cover/competition, wings backs such a demanding role there's no way he can play every minute of every game and we have no natural replacement for him.

I know Wagstaff has played there but he's not a wing back by trade and prefer him more central.

Archived