IGNORED

Fa Cup - Second Round

B-Rizzle

Was just thinking I assume they will still be restricted to 1100, even if we do not sell out, or is it different rules in the FAC?

We can limit them to 1100 if we wish, however, I expect the club will look at it and decide whether it makes financial sense to do so. For example they may decide to only open the Dolman and Williams to home fans and give the away fans the whole of the Atyeo.

We can limit them to 1100 if we wish, however, I expect the club will look at it and decide whether it makes financial sense to do so. For example they may decide to only open the Dolman and Williams to home fans and give the away fans the whole of the Atyeo.

I agree, this will be a massive game for them. Give them the whole of the Atyeo and make it a tenner.

Good draw, should progress and we can rest half the team again.

The way our luck's going this season I've already convinced myself we'll get a big Prem club in the 3rd round...

Quite. A non-league side at home. Steve's lucky magpies seem to be smiling on us.

How about Chelsea at home in the third round to end their unbeaten run and maintain our particular brand of unbeaten run (league, FA Cup and JPT) and, and..... I can't think of words that would do that potential scenario justice :D

I watched the draw with friends & neighbours here in PE2. When Colchester came out I groaned fearing the worst, then laughed out loud when Posh followed them out of "the hat". I groaned again at Hartlepool and MK, but as the balls decreased and finally 18 was drawn, I looked at the other three and thought "10 please".

Home to Basingstoke / Telford? I can live with that. One of my P'boro' mates said;

"Bristol City always get a non league team. Harrogate one year, a 7-0 against some Essex outfit the following year; it's not fair" 

I merely pointed out "It's the luck of the draw and helps make the magic of the FA Cup. Oh, err, enjoy your trip to Colchester".

Quite. A non-league side at home. Steve's lucky magpies seem to be smiling on us.

How about Chelsea at home in the third round to end their unbeaten run and maintain our particular brand of unbeaten run (league, FA Cup and JPT) and, and..... I can't think of words that would do that potential scenario justice :D

How about "decent"?

D'you think the slags will give us the lowdown on their non-league rivals?

If its Basingstoke, look out for Julian Owusu, who has played for Chelsea.  That's Berekum Chelsea in the Ghana Premier League!

They also have James Harper with loads of League experience, even though he looks about 50 on their web site. 

Hmm, don't think Chelsea will fancy us again at the Gate - not after what happened before! :laugh:

Looking at the ties, that's got to be one the TV execs are looking at. We are the highest placed team in the competition against a non-league side. I reckon the Hartlepool v Blyth game is a shoe-in

I'm seeing it he same. I will be very surprised if we aren't on tv, afterall that's what the FA cup is all about, everyone but a City fan cheering on the underdog.

Archived